July 28, 2014 | 2138 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Color Design Matte Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Corset, Stylista and Red Haute.. I had purchased and not worn too much.. once or twice. Now that the world of Fashion has declared the Matte lip back IN, I raided my lippie drawer and there they were.. like perfect little soldiers waiting to go into action.

love the colours, love the texture and cannot beat the quality.

Would I repurchase.. probably not, but not because I don't love these, but because I doubt if I will live long enough to use up all of my lipsticks.

but, if you have not tried these.. please do, they are not drying like the MAC mattes (granted, MAC has improved a bit) and the colours are quite sophisticated. LOve.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick in Pink Preview which is a vibrant watermelon pink. I like it a lot although I find it a bit too matte at times. I usually top it with a little clear gloss. This may seem to defeat the point of it but the lipstick itself is excellent; goes on creamy smooth and lasts a long time. A bit of gloss doesn't hurt and avoids that slight cakeyness that all matte lipsticks have. It's a wonderful color for fair skinned women. Pretty expensive but it's worth is. Some lipsticks like Gosh you pay a lot for too but they don't stay on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by gluk1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great matte lipstick! I have this in Stylista, which is a dark rosy pink. The formula is long lasting, I can usually get away with not reapplying throughout the day. Like most matte lipsticks, this will dry out your lips to some extent. The packaging is nice and sturdy, and I would definitely repurchase and try out the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Red Haute and Plum Show. Simply put it is the best lipstick not labeled long lasting you will find. I put LipChic over it, a sealant, and it lasts for hours, but would last quite a while anyway as it is labeled matte. This is not the Mac matte, however, this has some creaminess to it and is in no way uncomfortable. If you have dry lips you will want the Rouge Nu, but better to deal with the dry lip situation then get a lipstick that will last, I think. Red Haute is the perfect Red, not orange or blue based, but a mixture that makes a statement, but not one that screams "clown". I strongly suggest these, the mattes. If not the mattes go with the creams, the others will last a half hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this lipstick in Corset and love it. Corset is a beautiful shade that strikes a nice compromise between coral and red. It's similar to Niagara by Nars (which I love), except it's more intense and matte. It's what I wear when I want bold lips, but don't feel quite bold enough for fire-engine red lips. I've had terrible experience with matte lipsticks in the past because they would inevitably dry out my lips. Surprisingly, while this lipstick has a matte finish, it doesn't feel like your typical matte lipstick and has more of a satin-y texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a great matte lipstick! There are about 8 shades. A few of my favorites are Red Haute, a nice matte orange red. Pink Posh is a great vibrant pink. Stylista is a nice peachy pink. It's hard to find good matte shades, but this is true color and wears incredibly well. It is moisturizing and long wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Mertle88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best lipsticks I have ever bought! I love the texture because it is very light and moisturizing on the lips without sacrificing the matte look. I got this lipstick in the shade "Corset" which is a gorgeous coral-tinged red. It is definitely on the warmer side of red, but I could easily see this as being a universally flattering shade. Everyone should try this lipstick because it really is a great formulation, and there are shades for everyone in this new line!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Suzanne941

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in Corset and I like it. It's, incredibly, a smooth texture matte red that doesn't dry my lips and wears well for several hours. The red is a soft coral-tinged color, so if you're looking for drop-dead red, this isn't it. But it's a terrific shade and I'm looking forward to trying another color in this line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have three colors, and I regret purchasing all three at once. The lipsticks sucked. Initially, they seemed great--moisturizing, not too dense, pigmented, and vivid. But it's how they wear that makes them good or bad. And these wear horribly. After less than 2 hours, they caked up on lips, and made lip lines more apparent than other mattes I've used. I'm no MAC fanatic, but I have to say I like Mac's Amplifieds much more. I've never liked Lancome lipstick formulas (I like Lancome eye shadows), and this turns me off for good. When a lipstick that costs $$ wears horribly, I call it false advertising.