July 29, 2014 | 932 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Coral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This feels very luxurious. The lipstick and the packaging.

This lipstick manages to walk a fine line, balancing texture, finish, pigmentation, staying power, and wearability. It's not a good lipstick, it's a great lipstick.

Applied heavy, it's a slick and shiny saturated coral. Very moisturizing. But it won't last too long applied this way. Your best bet is to apply/blot/dry twice. This allows for the color to stain and build on your lips. Once blotted and dried the second time, you can go back over it lightly for that glossy look but the lipstick will last much longer.

This is my HG coral lipstick. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulbride6807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this lipstick. I bought it a while back when CVS was having its semi-annual clearance sale. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I know it was way less than five dollars. Anyway, I put it away and kind of forgot about it for a while. I used it today with a neutral eye look with black winged liner. I love it! I can't believe I haven't used it more. On my tan skin, it pulls a really pretty orangey-red. I put a little gloss over it and it lasts me a while. It doesn't hold up to eating and drinking, but I really wasn't expecting it to. I just love the color. I wish I could wear it every day. I don't know, I may pull a Taylor Swift and make it my signature. Hehe... Anyway, I think it's a lovely color and really worth every penny. I like it way better than the dark reds I normally see. This color definitely brightens up the face. You can't help but smile when you look in the mirror!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this lipstick because I am obsessed with orange reds, but the shine is what I didn't like about it. I was hoping for something less shiny and a bit more sheer, if that makes any sense. Sorta like hard candys hot shot. This is definitely a "colorburst"! Tons of pigment. Since I have oily skin I prefer my red lipsticks on a more muted and matte level like macs lady danger.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by meliatx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a cute coral lipstick to go with the trendy colored jeans. I have fair to medium skin, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Super cute with paired down makeup and defined eyebrows.
I have really seen an improvement with Revlon. Starting first with the lipgloss and nail polish and now this lipstick. In a bad economy, it is nice to have a little fun and not blow the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kathryndc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not only is this a great, comfortable, long-wearing lipstick it is also a dupe for Tom Ford Wild Ginger. Yes, I found this out the hard way. :\

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did not fail to amaze me. The packaging is so cute with the criss-cross pattern in the black case... hard to explain but it makes the lipstick look very expensive. I got this on sale for $5.99 at my local drugstore when its originally $10.99 so that was a great deal. I heard good news about this lipstick over the internet and decided to give it a try, seeing as I don't own a red lipstick.

I have to say I am quite impressed, the hint of pink/orange (giving it the name 'Coral') associated with this lipstick makes the whole overall "Red" colour a lot easier to wear on a regular basis, as it doesn't look too intense, and I'm sure anyone could pull it off.

As for the lipstick itself, the colour is very pigmented and it stays on for ages! I licked my lips nonstop in attempt to wash off the colour. And although the matte finish the lipstick gave didn't stay around for long, the colour was present for such a long time!! Very nice. It also glides on very smooth and doesn't make my lips feel dry or sticky which is a great added bonus.

Definitely a buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I found this color while being on a orange craze as a lot of other reviewers here, and I thought it would be like Morange or Neon Orange from MAC when I saw it at the store. Those fluorescent lights made the tester look really orange! When I got it home and opened it I was rather disappointed with my purchase seeing that it was more of an orange red than a true orange. I tried it anyway, since I love the formula of Revlon CB lipsticks. I'm glad to say that I do like it! It is hard for me to wear a bold shade like this on a daily basis, so I either mix it with Soft Nude, another CB lippie, or I dab it on as a lip stain. I've recently melted some of it with a big chunk of my HG Badger's cocoa butter lipbalm, to make a tinted balm for everyday and I love it even more like that! I find this color rather great for all year round, since it is a warm coral red rather than a stark orange, making it more wearable during the colder months as well. I docked one lippie off because I find the lasting power of these lipsticks to be lacking, especially when worn as a lip stain, but the packaging does make applying a pleasure. :) I've already repurchased and I will keep on buying it as a replacement for MAC, as long as they make it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

This lipstick is bright and so refreshing . The color is orange-y coral and I love it. I top it off with Revlon's Super Lustrous in Coral Reef. Love love love the combo. I think it'll look good on the fairest skin tones to more the tanner ladies. One rule before using this lipstick, exfoiliate, make sure all that dead skin is off your lips. The formula is a little drying so any cracks and extra skin will not look cute. That's my only dislike. Overall a beautiful color that I don't have in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmmm...this is an impressive shade of coral. It is definitely a warm tone lippy and on my lips it reads more orange than coral. You would definitely need a lip liner and a lip primer because this lippy loves to travel outside the lip area. It is a dry lipstick so exfoliate your lips before wearing this. It also fades pretty fast, even when I apply it on bare lips. I think I would need a primer for this lipstick. When I wear it around the house, it looks fine on my cool skintone, but II need to be wearing this alone and with an eyeliner and mascara. Any more makeup is just pushing it. I need to run it by a couple of brutally honest friend and ask if this will work. Till then it sits in my makeup box.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After enjoying the coverage and feel of this lipstick line in Soft Rose, I wanted to try the coral for the orange lip trend. I've bought several other lippies in an attempt to find the perfect one, and with my pale skin they all come off as too pink. This one is perfect. Not very pink at all and more red tones to it. Looks stunning on, and as with the Soft Rose, the formulation is nice and creamy, very moisturizing. I love the quilted package also, very cute. I will repurchase this color again since it is the perfect orange/coral for me.