Ellis Faas Skin Veil

on 9/14/2015 4:35:00 AM

Wow - a great foundation and unlike any others I've tried for my combination skin. Light to medium coverage that lasts around 4-5 hours. I found though, that my t-zone gets very oily if I don't touch up. A bit on the pricey side. A lovely foundation but I am still on the search for the Holy Grail of foundations.

on 8/24/2015 11:58:00 PM

Divine—*Divine* on my ageing oily-combo skin.

When I tested it on my hand I thought, "Oh no: too thick and creamy for me. But took a sample home and wore it out and LO! The best foundation I've ever had. I was so surprised.

I wear the Hourglass Mineral Primer underneath, and it sticks to me just fine without a cloying
I used to love Armani Lasting Silk. But this has kicked it off the pedestal for good.

Doesn't cling to and make a feature of the flaky skin around my nose. That's a first.

Fantastic that they don't test on animals. I've never had a really top-quality foundation that did this before either.

Yes, it's expensive. But I cannot live without it.

on 8/22/2015 4:01:00 AM

I find myself as foundation junkie who always try different range foundation from drugstore to high brand.

Personally, when wayne introduced ellisfass as his holy grail foundation, i was really interested and want to give it a try. He was right!

Here is my review:
the consistency : it was creamy and moisturizer your skin! ( Note : if you find it's not moist enough, you can use moisturizer underneath this foundation)

Performance : this is a dewy foundation which suits on normal to dry, dry to dry. People with oily skin will find it is too oily. But, if you can prepare your skin with matte primer/oil controlling to the oily area, it probably will stay matte.

the lasting power : hmm, i am not sure about how long this foundation stays! Because everyone has different experience, but i find it tend to wear off a bit after a few hour applying about 5-6 hours. ( Note : some people say, using primer will be able to help the lasting power of foundation, so back to the experience again)

The colour range : please ellisfass, you need to add some range colour, because your product is one of AMAZING foundation!
I use S106 for reference i am NC 35-40. I find the colour don't match on my yellow to red skin. After apllication it looked darker to more red skin than my neck and shoulder which i don't like. makeupforever ultra hd is now launching their new product and add some new range. Ellisfaas must be considered the colour range, please!

Packaging : there are different sizes, you will be able to buy the big size in bottle and the small size in bullet packaging so it suits for travelling.

Price : it is overpriced for student budget. i bought in netherlands less more at €62 for the big size and the small size less more at €40.

Overall : i am immpresed with this foundation, but i am not sure to buy it again because of the range colour.

on 8/21/2015 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Okay first of all I really do have to commend Ellis Faas on their super, excellent customer service. I've been dying to try out this foundation not only because Wayne raved about it but because it doesn't really seem to be very well known or used. That could be because of the hefty price tag or because Ellis Faas just doesn't seem to be well known to most people. Anyways, I emailed Peter of Ellis Faas asking if I could try out some samples and he sent 6,7,8 and 9 AND a milky lip color sample. Okay this impressed me for reasons because

1. I live in Malaysia, a country in South East Asia. They have basically shipped it halfway across the world from Netherlands at NO CHARGE.

2. How nice of them to send a couple of shades(although some too dark, but STILL) AND add in a lip colour :D

Now on to the foundation review S06 is a PERFECT match for me. Sorry for the capitalization but I just can't stress how hard it is to find a good match. If you're an NC40 or a Barcelona in Nars this is a really good match. A word of warning though it's not very yellow toned but for me, it's fine. I'm not Super yellow toned to begin with anyways.

It's creamy but literally melts on to your skin. Best applied with fingers.

And also it goes on a tingey bit pinkish when first applied but after awhile it just molds into your skintone.

**Also the sample size is about day's use, can be stretched to 2 but it's enough for full coverage.

I'd really like to purchase this because despite the hefty price tag. I genuinely believe it's worth it. :)

on 6/23/2015 4:43:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations I've worn. It's incredibly smooth and soft, and so moisturising. It stays the whole day under setting powder with no oxidisation or creasing. Unfortunately it can get a bit too thick, and also the cap can tend to break a bit.

on 3/31/2015 6:49:00 AM

I'm somewhat of a foundation junky. I've used foundations from a lot of different brands (incl. Giorgio Armani, Nars, MAC, Chanel, Lancome, Rimmel, Maybelline, Revlon etc.) and this is honestly up there with the best of them. Previously I was a devout lover of Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk but this one may just top it for me.

I like a medium coverage (with the option to go to full) satin/dewy finish foundation that doesn't cling to my annoying dry patches. It also has to have a shade to match my very fair skin (I'm a touch lighter than MAC NC/NW 15). Ellis Faas has delivered on all of these needs.

It's a medium coverage foundation when used with a flat-top buffing brush but can be built up to full coverage (particularly if used with a sponge). It's probably one of the thickest foundations I've ever used - the texture is like a really creamy moisturiser, probably because of how hydrating it is. I'd say it's more on the dewy-side but that could also be because I use a lot of hydrating/nourishing products to prep my skin. Either way it's probably more suited to drier/combo skins, I can imagine this slipping right off an oiler skin type.

It doesn't sink into pores, it doesn't cling to dry patches (which a lot of other foundations do despite my pre-foundation routine of layering like 5 hydrating products) and it covers really well. It conceals most of my imperfections (unless I have a gigantic red pimple) so I find I need a lot less concealer when using this foundation. I feel like it has quite decent staying power but I wouldn't call it long wear. I do use a primer and a powder (By Terry HydraPowder/Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder) to set it most days which definitely increases its longevity.

It also photographs BEAUTIFULLY! There's a reason why makeup artists love it because it just looks so lovely and natural in photos. Like your skin but better. It never looks cakey or powdery.

Not a massive fan of the packaging, it's not bad but it's not great either. Because of the thickness of the product it can be a little difficult to get it out when you're nearing the end of the bottle.

As a previous reviewer said, this is definitely a foundation to add to your arsenal if you're into foundations!

on 2/8/2015 10:13:00 PM

I purchased this foundation after deciding to try as many "second skin" foundations as possible in the pursuit of finding the perfect one. In this journey I found beautiful formulations and some not too brilliant. Ellis Faas Skin Veil foundation falls in between, if I had to grade it from 0 to 10 it would earn a 6, and the reasons are the following,

1.- Lasting Power. The lasting power of this foundation was the main reason why I did not fall in love with this foundation. I have slightly combination skin that falls more towards the dry side. I tried this foundation with a variety of moisturizers, primers and nude skin, and nothing changed the staying power of it. Overall, it lasts on my skin from 3 to 4.5 hours. However, the texture of it starts to change significantly.

2.- Price. It varies from 90 to 115 from different retailers. I obtained mine for about 90 dlls. I understand why some foundations can be very expensive due to research and great formulations behind them. However, I consider that Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation's formula does not justify paying 90 or more for it. The texture is beautiful, probably the most luxurious textures I have felt on my skin when it comes to foundations. It is noticeable creamy and moisturizing delivering a medium coverage. After just applied, the skin looks healthy and blowy, but something happens after 15 to 20 minutes that the original foundation's effect starts to disappear to provide a much more bb cream look. It almost feels like the skin absorbs it or it just evaporates leaving a light hint of color that at the end of 3 to 4.5 hours just cannot justify the price of it.

3.- Appearance. Glowy and creamy. Accentuates pores and stays in fine lines. I am 24 and only have light lines under my eyes that are not even considered wrinkles yet, but I find the foundation constantly sitting in there, which contradicts the "second skin" effect I seek to obtain.

I consider the overall performance of this foundation as a slightly more tinted moisturizer or a pigmented bb cream. If you want something just extra to embellish your skin tone or give a glow to your face this might be for you. Again, I would not repurchase, but this does not mean that it is a bad product. Ellis Faas has some beautiful lip formulations as the creamy lips range. It is just this formulation that did not impress me at all.

If you are looking also for very natural looking foundations with longer staying power I recommend Aqua HD Foundation by Koh Gen Do, Le Metier de Beaute Foundation, and Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, this last one combined with your favorite cream creates a very similar effect to the Ellis Faas Skin Veil foundation.

on 1/30/2015 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG foundation!!! I was certainly put off by the price AU$110, so I endeavoured to try a sample first. I am S104L and it is a pretty good match!

A little bit goes a long way. In my little sample pot I received from Mecca, it lasted me at least 5 days wear and I like light to medium coverage.

Works amazingly with an illuminating primer, I use Mecca's Lit from Within or Laura Mercier's Illuminating primer. I buff the foundation in with my Real Techniques expert face brush and it works a dream! A set with By Terry's Hydra Powder, which goes matte momentarily but later enhances the glow of the foundation later in the day.

I like medium coverage on most days as I have acne scarring and dark circles and this lasts all day. I only get a bit of oxidation on my nose when I wear my glasses and sweat but that is my only complaint. I'm sure those with glass would understand.

I would not purchase this foundation in the pen form as I've heard the packaging in pen form really lets down the product. I have the frosted bottle, which will last me forever!

I am also an MUA so am considering investing in this foundation for my kit as it has an amazing finish and is long wearing as well as luminous!

on 1/24/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation based on Wayne Goss's recommendation for this product as this is his one of his holy grail foundations. I'm NC 35 and bought the color S104 but unfortunately, this product did not match my skin color, even though it was supposed to be the closest match. It is the most yellow tone color out of all the foundations yet, it is still too pink, I'm Chinese and this color definitely does not match my skin tone. The consistency is quite good. It's a bit on the thicker side, which probably why it provides a lot of coverage, but at the same time, it gives me acne. I notice it after I remove it and I see pimples on my face. The packaging is good as it is pump format so it is hygienic. However, it is not good for travel purposes as the packaging is bulky. I did not note any particular smell to the foundation either when I applied it. One thing I did notice was that it does not work well with dry patches. It actually accentuated my dry patches and it could be because the foundation is a little thicker. Other than that, I wished the color matched me :( I have contacted Ellis Faas and their customer service is great. Unfortunately, I bought the product off BeautyBay.com and could not receive a refund of the product. Try getting samples from their website by contacting customer service and they will send the samples to you prior to buying the full size as it is quite expensive. I would not repurchase based on my personal experience.

on 1/19/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! I wore it for 12 hours straight and it literally looked as if I had just applied it. Just for reference, I am NC 30 and I wear the color 103 and 104. It is very expensive but definitely worth the money!