October 31, 2014 | 1161 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Great Wear Lipcolor

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

I usually don't write much reviews, but I thought I would do a quick one. I bought this lipstick at the dollar store as it is discontinued. My shade is in Berry and so far, i'm totally digging it. Though the shade itself isn't true to the name, the color is a beautiful pigmented pinky red with a very matte finish. And when I say matte, I mean MATTE! I have never come across a lipstick that could look so dead on matte. I've tried all sorts of brands, from Lancôme and Mac to Revlon and wet n wild. But this, this has got to be my favorite matte lipstick. It's so matte, it almost looks natural. Like I never applied lipstick in the first place, though the color is a tell tale that I have, obviously. So I imagine that if gotten in a natural or light color, it'd look amazing. Like I've stated multiple times, yes, this thing is matte, but ironically, this goes on creamy/ not patchy and you feel nothing at all on your lips. NOTHING. It feels like burt's bees lip balm minus the waxiness. It has no scent that I know of, and it has no flavor at all. It doesn't highlight the wrinkles and crevices of the lips either! And I applied it WITHOUT lip balm too. But the two things I love most about this is the slim packaging and how it's transfer resistant. Everybody knows red lipstick is one of the most gorgeous things a girl could put on, but it can be a hassle too. Filling the lips with the lip liner so the lipstick doesn't feather, using the right kind of lip balm that doesn't have too much slip or too much waxiness, applying precisely so you don't look like you've just come out of the circus....SO MUCH WORK! But with this? I literally can apply in two swift motions and go. It's awesome. The slimness of it works so that you can apply evenly to the lips without even using a brush. Looks perfect. And transferring? Nope. Nada. Nothing. you can probably even tongue wrestle with this thing on without it migrating (though I haven't tried, since my fiancé lives miles away :I.) But I have tried blotting my lips on tissue paper, and honest to god, nothing got on the paper. I couldn't believe it so I resorted to kissing my hand to see if something would rub off. Nothing. And that's all it took for me to know this product is freaking great. Hah, Great Wear, go figure. But yeah, I don't know why Maybelline discontinued these. If you're looking for a great long lasting lipstick, go to your local dollar tree. That's where I found mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a little surprised at the low rating on these lippies because I have 3 and I love them all. I love that once you apply this lipstick, you can't feel them on your lips. I have a big issue with the texture of lipsticks, which is why I only wear them once in a blue moon. These are not sticky, have no discernible taste, and stay on for such a long time. They are super pigmented, and extremely matte. Yes they are kind of drying, but it doesn't bother me. I own 3 shades and all look great on. They can be sheered out easily, and still look just as beautiful. I found these at the dollar store, and will be on the lookout for more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I acutally don't think this product is all that bad. It is a long wearing matte product, so you need to use a lipliner and apply very carefully, because it will be there for the rest of the day! Stayed on through coffee, candy and pizza with soda. I really like the deep reds, such as garnet. I would buy again, at Dollar Tree its a small investment for a very good lippie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this all the time back in high school & my early 20s (im only 33 so not too long ago). I really love it despite the bad reviews it seems to have gotten. It feels the way it does on your lips because its a stay put lipstick, its not going to be moisturizing or it would slide off. Ive tried many shades but esp like the dark reds in this line.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by beauty813

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very drying and you need a balm or gloss but I love the color. I have it in maroon......

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Kandyse

I have to go against the grain and say this product is not that bad. Now be aware that I am not a lipstick lover mainly b/c most lipsticks are kind of thick compared to glosses but this is not. I do agree that it is a little dry but its smoothness makes up for it. I got it in "blush"; a pretty matte pink. I put this on then layer Nyx Round Lipgloss in Sparkle over it...so pretty! My boyfriend loves it! He calls me his black barbie whenever I wear it! Im going to get more colors from dollar tree!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like old candle wax and applies very dry. I accidentally purchased this color at Dollar Tree and will return. This color is suited for a much deeper toned complexion than my PPP. Aside from the color this formula does seem drying and would probably be best worn over a primer or lipbalm. Also, this color is very shimmery but totally matte. Not a flattering look, IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mochaallure

I purchased 2 of these: copper and bronze pretty colors but extremely drying. Won't purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in copper. Its a red penny color. It looks OK on me, something different. But the dryness is hard to overlook. I have to add a gloss to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer below...this gets pretty dehydrating!! I got this in 'mocha', a light brown-bronzy color....it smells like crayons....it does last quite awhile though bcoz its very matte.....but unfortunately, i would never repurchase this...i cant stand the smell and it brings out the dryness of my lips....its too bad bcoz the lasting power is quite good.....hardly budges after eating and drinking