July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-a Gorgeous Lite

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by LissCalder

I use the product for my daily make up routine. The thing about this product is IF you put a lot on it WILL make your face look cakey. What I do is put on my foundation and then use my concealer brush (cause I don't like the sponge) and put only a little dap of this product here and there and blend. I love this product it doesn't cause acne to appear so thats good.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by hilla1ee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is advertised as a "foundation faker" which provides "cake-free coverage". They got one part right-- there's no way this is a real foundation. But it IS cakey.

I purchased this on the recommendation of a friend who loves it. The packaging is cute, and I was excited to try a higher end foundation. This product has been nothing but a disappointment.

The application is awful. I have tried with the sponge it comes with, with a flat foundation brush, and with a beauty blender. The easiest application was with the beauty blender, but it's still not great-- I find this product to be very streaky overall.

The formula is what I would consider a cream-to-powder finish. It is light coverage-- very light coverage, actually. Blemishes will continue to show through. It manages to feel light and cakey at the same time, if that's possible. It doesn't really feel as though you're wearing makeup, but if you look in a mirror, you get an entirely different story-- when this settles, it will look powdery on your face. It also tends to settle around any dry patches you may have (even some you didn't know you had). It never really stays in place-- if you touch your face, this product will come off, which makes talking on the phone, and wearing sunglasses very gross, as you're constantly wiping product buildup off of your phone or glasses.

I've tried this product with and without primer and it doesn't really seem to make a difference. Perhaps it settles a little less in dry spots when primer is first applied, but not really.

The only good thing I can say about this product is that at least with consistent use, it will be used up quickly, as you don't really get much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great. Perfect for my dry skin! I don't have a lot to hide -very, very little acne, but a lot of redness. Dry, sensitive skin tends to. After I dab a little concealer on (Benefit Boi-ing in 01), a few light sponges of this is all I need. This dries as a powder and doesn't cling to any dry patches. It's a great, matte, non-drying finish that makes my skin happy and gives me a nice bright look. The only real con is that there is no SPF! For a product this expensive, a little SPF would be nice. I have also heard other reviewers complain about the small amount of product. I use very little, so this should last me awhile -I'll have to wait and see, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by shewantedmyagony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this expecting more coverage than I got. It also made my skin look chalky if I used too much. If you use this,don't use it expecting full coverage

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought the compact for this was adorable...I thought this was going to provide better coverage..this is VERY light and does not provide much coverage...I used it mostly when I went to work and didnt have any blemishes...would not repurchase. I guess this would be good if you needed little to no coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by n3worl34ns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is up and down for me. It is so nice when applied over a good primer with a stippling brush. I have for the most part clear skin and this enchances and even out my face for a fresh look. But I use it sparingly because for the whooping price there is not much product especially if you reapply it twice in the day. I also finds it clogs my pores and they get fuller and more noticble quicker when I use this so I am on the hunt for a good powder again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lhuynh10

Great foundation for summer use! I found it easier to apply, no fuss about blending, and no weird coloring in the summer sun. It'll save you time when you want to just get out the door with some makeup on, without worrying it'll melt off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Hello Flawless for the past 3 years, wether it was summer or winter but I've noticed that in the winter it was making my skin really dry, so I opted for Some Kinda Gorgeous that seemed more appropriate for my skin in the winter, as it is a cream foundation.
I really like it, its easy to blend to my skin, it's not a miracle but it hides my blemishes, the redness of my skin, and it stays on for most of the day (I use it over Docteur Feelgood which helps to settle make up). As I'm still a bit shiny after applying Some Kinda Gorgeous, I use Hello Flawless to have a nice matt finish, and then my Dandelion blush (you believe me if I tell you I'm a Benefit Addict???).
It's a good product, if a bit overpriced.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Brusselsscout

I bought this product on a whim without consulting any reviews and I love it. For the first time ever, my complexion is silky without a pore in sight. I've got some acne scars, sun spots, blemishes, the works! With this foundation, I've got porcelain skin.
It is expensive though. But if thats what it takes, I'll pay for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by erihether

This product is *really* creamy, and thus really inappropriate for oily/combination skin. Also, the pigmentation is very fake looking (like with other BeneFit foundations, I've found), and is probably most suitable for people who tan regularly. I wanted this product to work, but it really didn't.