October 22, 2014 | 1647 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - moisturizing foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have this in Warm Ivory and while the texture is great, and the color is pretty good, I won't be buying this again.

For reference I have very dry skin on my cheeks and undereye area, and very oily nose and chin. This foundation glides over my skin and doesn't settle in lines, nor does it emphasize my pores. The coverage is light to medium and does build well without looking cakey. I also loved that this came with a pump....even though the pump broke when I was about two thirds of the way through the bottle. Warm Ivory is a good (but not perfect) match for my NC15 skin. It sheers out quite nicely though so you can't really tell that it is a touch too dark.

The reason I wouldn't purchase this again is that the staying power is awful. I live in Florida and this is so easily sweated off even when I am indoors in air conditioning. I do apply a powder over the top, and this normally keeps me matte or semi matte for hours using other foundations. But with this Moisturizing Foundation I am shiny within 30 minutes of applying powder. I use a paper towel to blot my face and this is covered in foundation even if I only press lightly. I will use this foundation up rather than wasting it but I won't buy again. I need foundations to last in the Florida humidity and this one most certainly doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 More reviews by frannifran

this has become an essential for me.
coverage - medium, very buildable
kind of expensive but it's lasted me a long time. Very glad this comes with a pump so I don't have to invest in one myself *cough cough MAC*. Although it's moisturizing, it doesn't make your skin greasy at all (coming from someone with a semi-oily T zone).

I went in to sephora and the woman suggested several foundations to me. When I showed an interest in this one, she picked the perfect shade that matched my skin exactly. It was a match made in heaven :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I should have known when I saw the woman's makeup at the Laura Mercier counter... Her face looked shiny and her pores and wrinkles unusually noticeable. I had previously used L.M. oil free tinted moisturizer in Porcelain and loved the color, but it accentuated every line, pore, and wrinkle. I thought it was the wrong formula for my skin type, but this product is no better. The MUA applied it over L.M. SPF primer and finished with L.M. loose powder. I'm starting to feel convinced that L.M. doesn't make any good foundations. The color Porcelain Ivory was one of the best color matches I've ever found, so it's is unfortunate that L.M.'s foundation formulas aren't better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just went through the process of trying 3 different foundations and returning all three and finally ending up with this and I am happy to report that I'm sticking with this one. (thank god because I'm sick of driving to the mall- seriously).

So, I like everything about this except for the color selection. I think that there could/should be more shades to choose from. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Blush Ivory color matched my skin perfectly (because I have very very rosey cheeks and I stay away from anything "blush"). But I suspect some people might have trouble finding their shade since the shades are limited.

I have dry skin and this is just right if I use the right amount of moisturizer or primer underneath. In the winter I would actually like something a little more moisturizing, but this is still good for the coverage (I use the oil free tinted moisturizer in the summer). It doesn't make my skin flaky or anything and I can wear it without setting it with powder. I wouldn't say this is a dewy finish (at least not on my skin) but it is definitely not a matte finish either (which I can't wear anyway).

Some people are saying this isn't the same formula that they used to make, and I can't speak to that since this is the first time I have tried it. If the old formula was even more moisturizing then I would love to have that. This is the best I have found yet, but just a smidge more moisture would make me do cartwheels. :)

I will absolutely buy this again! I'm really glad I found it actually.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kittyofwhitby

This is my staple foundation which I have been using with almost complete satisfaction for perhaps 6 years. I have combination skin but this product doesn't cause breakouts in me. I use the colour blush ivory as I have very fair skin. A word of warning is that LM has recently changed its formulations and blush ivory is now darker than it used to be and the lighter option is lighter than blush ivory used to be. I am always disappointed when brands do this! However, blush ivory is still good for me even now that it's a little darker, and I've used it for so long with so few complaints that I"m sticking to it.
I am constant complemented for my complexion with this foundation. I think LM is a master when it comes to foundations and powders. I always use this with a primer, and apply with my fingers. It doesn't work well with a foundation brush - it reacts well to the heat of your finger tips.
The price is expensive, but this is worth it in my mind.
The packaging is near perfect, although 2 issues I have are that it is glass, and I have once smashed it which was awful, especially given the price! The other issue is that I've had a couple of faulty pumps over the years. What I mean by that is that the pump device doesn't draw up the foundation at all no matter how many times you pump it. Fortunately I always replace before my old one is empty (because I love it so much I can't bear to run dry!) that I used the pumps from the old bottles.
Over the course of the 6 years I've used this I think I generally get around 3 months out of a bottle and I apply about two pumps each time I do my makeup, which is every day and when I go out at night I'll always re-apply. So I think that's good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iím on the search for my HG foundation and I decided to try this out since I was able to get it ridiculously cheap. This foundation has medium coverage. One major advantage was that it didnít break me out. Iím acne prone and didnít break me out. It looks descent when I first put it on and before I walk out the door. But it faded only after 5 hours. I would expect with a luminous foundation and maybe if I had oily skin. Another disadvantage was that it was too matte and I prefer a luminous finish or demi matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-good coverage
-not drying, not oily

Cons
-oxidized
-looked cakey within an hour

Unfortunately, this just didn't work for me. I've never had success with Laura Mercier products as far as color matching/oxidization goes, and this foundation was no exception. The cakiness was just... awful. However, this foundation seems to work for a lot of people, so knock yourself out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im not using this foundation right now, but it's the only foundation I bought twice and used every drop of. It has a dewy finish. Never broke out or had any bad expierences with. Medium coverage. Overall a solid foundation (hah!.) I guess if you have oily skin this would be a bad call.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply the best product I have tried for my combination skin. The lightest shade, porcelain ivory is perfect for my cool white tone and the coverage is good but not masque like. It is quite time consuming to use as it has to be set with a loose powder, I like cornsilk myself as it is not so pricey as the LM equivalent. I do not use this everyday as I have no time in the mornings when I use a two in one powder, either Mac or Laura Geller, but for evening or special occasions, this is my go to foundation. I hope they never discontinue this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by resalazar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Jury's not out on whether I will remain faithful to this foundation. I previously used MAC's Mineralize foundation in NW20. Colorwise, NW20 was a bit pinker than my actual skin tone but a close match. NC20 was definitely too yellow, so I guess my skin is neutral, leaning slightly more towards cool.

I tried porcelain ivory and warm ivory in Laura Mercier's moisturizing foundation. Porcelain ivory was too light. Warm Ivory is what I'm using now. It matches my skin tone well as far as not being too yellow or too pink but is a little light. I think it'll work for the winter but I'll have to figure something else out for the summer.

I am still in the frame of mind where I am comparing this foundation to my former MAC foundation and trying to decide which I'm more satisfied with. My skin definitely looks lovely when I wear this foundation, however, I find MAC mineralize to be more hydrating. I had to switch moisturizers when I switched foundations so I'm finally not flaking anymore. This foundation has a more matte appearance than MAC mineralize. I think it holds my makeup on better but I can't help feeling that with this foundation it looks more like I'm wearing make-up (maybe that's the point!).

One thing I definitely don't like about this foundation is the lack of SPF. For the price of this foundation, what was Laura Mercier thinking?! You have to buy HER moisturizer (that does has SPF) so your face doesn't fry in the sun?