Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl jkDiisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glucdonolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This stuff is no joke. I spray this on top of my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and my makeup does not budge ALL DAY LONG. I have an oily t-zone and some dry areas and this stuff makes me look even and matte all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I saw this at Sephora and bought the small sized bottle to give it a try. I'm not a fan of the completely matte look even though I have very acne-prone oily skin, so a non-mattifying setting spray interested me. Sadly, it did not live up to the claims made on the bottle. I found that this made me look greasy and didn't really help my makeup stay at all. It did get in my hairline, however, and made it crunchy and powdery. However, if you set your face all over with a translucent powder before a generous spraying, you can tone down the greasiness a little bit and I do find that my base becomes quite solid and won't transfer onto clothing, skin etc. All in all, not a terrible product, but not worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This spray works pretty well even in the Florida humidity. I used it during a heat wave at my son's wedding and in the wedding photos my makeup looked great and so did my daughter-in-law's. I didn't need to touch up my makeup much during the evening at all. I even forgot to shake up the bottle but it still did its job well. My skin is oily and it even controlled the oiliness somewhat and even though my skin had a dewy look it didn't look like an oil slick. I used a few blotting papers and some MUFE HD powder and was good to go the rest of the night. My blush still looked nice and fresh and all I really needed to touch up was my lipstick, which I always need to do regularly. So I'd definitely say the All Nighter spray was working. I can't imagine what would have happened if we both hadn't used anything. The heat index was over 100 degrees (in the middle of October no less!) and it kept us fresh as daisies. Who could ask for more? I definitely recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and acne prone. This product doesn't irritate my skin or cause any breakouts but it didn't do much for oil control either. It did make my makeup look nice after I sprayed a few spritz. I'm just unlucky with extremely oily skin so nothing ever really controls it. So it might work better for other skin types.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This spray does make my make-up last longer and also makes powders like blush and setting powder more blend together. I have dry eczema sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin. But I don't use this daily only for special occasions because it can make my skin feel a little bit thighter with daily use. I would repurchase this!

This absolutely did nothing for my face except for making it more greasy, not the effect im looking for. Honestly, my E.L.F one is better. I have tried so many ways and times to make this work and honestly, it is just terrible and useless. I really wanted to like this, it's sad. A+ on the packing, though, it's cute and the spraying aspect is very nice.

love this! ALWAYS keeps my makeup amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Most of my liquid foundations set well with just a light dusting of setting powder. But this really improves the look of my Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation which gives nice coverage without a lot of product. I already had a fast routine for days when I didn't have a lot of time to spend on makeup. I'd apply a layer of SPF, and Kat Von D powder foundation over it. With minimal eye makeup and bringing lipstick to apply later, I could get out the door lightning fast. But the powder foundation could appear too dry and powdery on my combination skin. Enter Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. Spraying this over my powder foundation gave me a finish more similar to a liquid foundation, merging makeup to the skin better and still keeping oil at bay, and lasting for many hours. I've also used it over my Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation with excellent results. Using this setting spray over powder foundation, I rarely need to touch up during the day. It also makes my face feel fresh, the same way using a toner does.

If I know I'm going to be photographed, I'm willing to allow the extra time to apply a liquid foundation such as NARS Sheer Glow with a Beauty Blender and set with MAC Blot Powder, and on those days I generally forgo setting spray. If I don't need a product, I don't use it. On those days I'll also devote more time to my eye makeup. But we live in a busy world and most days time is of the essence. If I'm running late, I'll choose minimal makeup. Using this setting spray regularly has not created any skin problems for me. I don't believe it's an acne trigger, and I haven't experienced any irritation.

Cons? This contains SD-Alcohol, which may be too drying for sensitive or drier skin types. It also has a very small amount of fragrance, but it's very far down on the list of ingredients, which means there isn't much fragrance. (Fragrance can be irritating to some people with sensitive skin, and it is not an essential ingredient to include in face products.) If you have extremely oily skin, you may need to apply this more than once daily and still touch up with blot powder. I don't think the spray alone will control excessive oil.

I have bought this setting spray a few times over the years. It's not something I can't live without, but I see a difference when I use it. Sephora offers a small travel size for $14 in case you want to give it an honest test run before committing to a full-size bottle which costs $30. One more tip: if you try this and it doesn't suit you, some people have success with MAC Fix Plus.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This stuff really is worth the hype! I had tried other makeup setting sprays in the past and had never been satisfied like I am with this one. I have combo/oily skin and break out pretty easily, and this spray was able to meet all of my needs. It didn't break me out at all like some other sprays had, and it truly keeps my makeup in place all day long without being too rich or over drying. This is the happy medium for a long lasting setting spray! The price is a little steep, around $30, and I do wish that the packaging was a little more reflective of the expense and quality, but it's certainly not enough to deter me from repurchasing again and again!

This is the first setting spray I have bought. It cost me £21 to get the full bottle so I did as I love urban decay products and have not been let down before.

I am a victim of cake face makeup where my dewy foundation/bb cream ends up looking far too matte after I apply setting powder. The first time I sprayed it was like rain water and made little white spots of makeup appear where I had applied foundation and I had to do another layer of powder. I figured this was because I was holding it too close to my face and had another go.

The second time I kept it a whole arm length's distance away from my face and sprayed. I was incredibly happy with the dewy finish I got and the de-mattifying of my excessive powder application.

My skin is dry and after a few hours I noticed some flakiness at the worst dry patch on my face. My skin also felt dry and tight. However, this happened after I sprayed three times and since then I have used one pump for each side of my face and haven't noticed any flakiness again.

I think my bad experiences were because I was using too much but in terms of staying powder- excellent! It also slightly waterproofed my makeup as I went out in the rain and there was no movement of my foundation.

The price is a bit too much for just a setting spray but I would recommend a maximum of two pumps to keep it going longer.

I would not repurchase simply because of the price tag, the product is good but I will be trying cheaper setting sprays in the future.

Popular Primer/ Correctors