July 25, 2014 | 943 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Gel Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AlinaNinh

I love this product! I use it for my legs, arms and hands. Before I had this I avoided most lotions because I have eczema and my skin is extremely sensitive to a lot of products. I've tried many lotions to keep my arms and legs moisturized without having my eczema flare up and this is the only product that works for me. It has also helped the itching of my eczema and I don't need to use the steroid cream my dermatologist gave me as much.

The only problem I have is that it's oily (of course it is an oil gel) so after I use it and touch things, the oil spreads to the area I touch. Usually I just wipe my palms on a towel or tissue to help with this.

I definitely recommend this product and hopefully it works for you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I bought this for use as a shaving cream. If you have Pinterest you've probably seen this saying it will "change your shaving game". No. This doesn't work as a shaving cream at all simply because it is an oil. Oil and water obviously do not mix and I didn't really think that through before I bought this for shaving. This gel clogs the razor and you can't wash it away easily because again oil repels water. Also it made the bottom of my tub slippery. My legs felt smooth after but it's too much to deal with everytime I need to shave. I did give it five lippies because it is a good moisturizer and it's not marketed as a shaving cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review mostly covers baby oil gel for use as a shaving gel, but also includes use as a moisturizer. I used the version that contained shea butter.

I read online that this could be used for shaving legs - that it made legs super smooth, and gave a nice close shave. This was true for the first swipe of the razor. But it went downhill after that. This is oil in gel form - therefore, it clogs up in the razor and is super difficult to wash out. Most shaving creams wash easily out of the razor, but not this. Because it's an oil, it doesn't wash out easily. My razor was clogged after one stroke, and I had to (attempt to) clean it out with soap each time. The razor got progressively clogged, and as a result, the nice clean shaves weren't so close and clean anymore. I also couldn't tell exactly where I had already shaved, because the oil is clear. It was a mess, and made shaving pretty dangerous - the razor, my hands, my legs, and the shower became slick with oil. I had to throw my razor out afterwards, and spend time trying to wash the oil from my legs and from the shower floor.

I would not recommend shaving with this, or using it in the shower in general.

Note: I wouldn't recommend using this, or any baby oil, as an every day moisturizer. Baby oil is mineral oil, which comes from petroleum. Most oil particles in this form are too big to properly soak into our skin's pores. Instead, they just sit on top of the skin instead of actually moisturizing it, causing your skin to become more dry. This also causes breakouts. Also, excess oil can cause your skin to stop producing its own oil, again making your skin drier. This goes for coconut oil and other similar oils as well. Some oils, like jojoba oil, apparently have smaller particles that are able to soak into the skin. Only use baby oil once in a while for special occasions, especially if you have sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very Pleased...just came home with it a little while ago & put it on my hands
while they were damp & my hands are feeling so much nicer & soft....put on just a little...bought the gel with the pink cap,it smells like Johnson's baby powder which
makes me happy...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by JessieValentine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Same great smell as the original baby oil and same great feel with a little bit more consistency to use as a shaving cream and an after moisturizer. Gel baby oil keeps my legs so silky smooth i can't stop touching them. It's light, smells great, and just a few squirts and you have moisturized sexy legs. Couldn't live without this. Especially during the fall and winter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Along with Vaseline Cocoa Butter Gel, this is the moisturizer with the mostest. Hydration for days. Affordable. A miracle if you have chronic dry skin like me. Have been using for years and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Cheap, hydrates dry skin perfectly and leaves skin with a glow. I tried it based on the reviews from MUA posters & as usual they were right! Thanks MUA!

I am not a fan of the packaging. I wish it came in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by ERROUSE

My skin would be nothing without Baby Oil Gel. I have mild eczema, and it works wonders for my skin. It's gel texture is what's so perfect. It's not like normal Baby Oil which is so slippery. The BOG locks in the moister of your skin keeping it hydrated throughout the day. I absolutely love it. I only use it at night though along with my Nivea Soft, because I'd be super greasy looking in the day time. I do however still use it on specific spots though especially in the winter time. I normally use the lavender one too because of the smell. I love Baby Oil Gel !!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have SUPER dry skin, lotion just doesn't work for me. So I started using body oil on my wet skin after a shower to help with the dryness and razor bumps. I always hated the oil being so messy/sticky so I was thrilled when I saw this oil gel. I didn't mind this the first two times I used it, then I started to notice that my skin felt VERY itchy. I thought it may be my shower gel(since I had just started using a new one of that as well). But when I switched back to my old shower gel it still felt the same. So I've stopped using this, it just irritates my skin too much. Disappointing though as I LOVED that this was so much easier to use. Bummer!:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this to shave my legs; ,akes the whole process so quick and is better for the job than any shave gel I have ever used. Also leaves my legs so soft and smooth-and in all the time I've used it I hsven't cut myself once.