Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

MINERAL OIL, HYDROGENATED ETHYLENE, PROPYLENE, STYRENE COPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE VITAMIN E, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE

on 1/21/2015 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG body oil and moisturizer. I absolutely adore this product!
The texture is quite thick, however it's pretty easy to massage into skin. Especially when I use it directly after the shower when my skin is still a bit damp. It's incredibly hydrating and makes my skin oh-so-soft. It has a very light scent to it that I like. It's not an overwhelming scent, it fades quickly. The cap/opening is on the bottom of the bottle which is great, since it makes the product come out easier. The price is really good for such a fantastic product.
Definitely recommend.

on 12/23/2014 1:02:00 AM

This is one of my HG body moisturizers. while my skin is still damp from the shower, I will rub this into my legs and arms and pat off. it leaves my skin silky and with a bit of a sheen. I use the cocoa butter scented one.

on 10/23/2014 8:48:00 PM

So i had purchased this with intentions of trying it as shaving lotion, as im always trying to get the smoothest legs i can get and keep them smooth for as long as possible.
I just smeared some of this on during the shower and shaved as i normally would, but whereas it is oil, IT WILL CLOG YOUR RAZOR. its not a shocker. A simple fix to this is dap and push a thick conditioner through the razor blades to pick up the oil, dead skin, and hair that is trapped in your razor then rinse it all out. Youll need to do this a few times throughout shaving, but the end result was worth it. My legs felt super hydrated and smooth for a few days! Ive used this method for the past 5 shaves now and it seems to be working fine for me! Although its a pain in the ass.
PROS:
-skin felt hydrated
-skin felt smooth
-cheap
-that awesome baby smell
-my boyfriend couldnt stop petting my legs after shaving
-lasted for a few days

CONS:
-messy
-time consuming
-clogs razor
-not a fun time
-youll probably need to replace your razor after 2 uses with this method.

I also found that this worked nicely on the bikini area as well! it kept it smooth hair free for a few days, rather than it usually coming back within 30 hours.

on 7/10/2014 6:47:00 PM

I love this product! I use it for my legs, arms and hands. Before I had this I avoided most lotions because I have eczema and my skin is extremely sensitive to a lot of products. I've tried many lotions to keep my arms and legs moisturized without having my eczema flare up and this is the only product that works for me. It has also helped the itching of my eczema and I don't need to use the steroid cream my dermatologist gave me as much.

The only problem I have is that it's oily (of course it is an oil gel) so after I use it and touch things, the oil spreads to the area I touch. Usually I just wipe my palms on a towel or tissue to help with this.

I definitely recommend this product and hopefully it works for you too.

on 4/25/2014 10:48:00 PM

I bought this for use as a shaving cream. If you have Pinterest you've probably seen this saying it will "change your shaving game". No. This doesn't work as a shaving cream at all simply because it is an oil. Oil and water obviously do not mix and I didn't really think that through before I bought this for shaving. This gel clogs the razor and you can't wash it away easily because again oil repels water. Also it made the bottom of my tub slippery. My legs felt smooth after but it's too much to deal with everytime I need to shave. I did give it five lippies because it is a good moisturizer and it's not marketed as a shaving cream.

on 4/22/2014 1:25:00 PM

This review mostly covers baby oil gel for use as a shaving gel, but also includes use as a moisturizer. I used the version that contained shea butter.

I read online that this could be used for shaving legs - that it made legs super smooth, and gave a nice close shave. This was true for the first swipe of the razor. But it went downhill after that. This is oil in gel form - therefore, it clogs up in the razor and is super difficult to wash out. Most shaving creams wash easily out of the razor, but not this. Because it's an oil, it doesn't wash out easily. My razor was clogged after one stroke, and I had to (attempt to) clean it out with soap each time. The razor got progressively clogged, and as a result, the nice clean shaves weren't so close and clean anymore. I also couldn't tell exactly where I had already shaved, because the oil is clear. It was a mess, and made shaving pretty dangerous - the razor, my hands, my legs, and the shower became slick with oil. I had to throw my razor out afterwards, and spend time trying to wash the oil from my legs and from the shower floor.

I would not recommend shaving with this, or using it in the shower in general.

Note: I wouldn't recommend using this, or any baby oil, as an every day moisturizer. Baby oil is mineral oil, which comes from petroleum. Most oil particles in this form are too big to properly soak into our skin's pores. Instead, they just sit on top of the skin instead of actually moisturizing it, causing your skin to become more dry. This also causes breakouts. Also, excess oil can cause your skin to stop producing its own oil, again making your skin drier. This goes for coconut oil and other similar oils as well. Some oils, like jojoba oil, apparently have smaller particles that are able to soak into the skin. Only use baby oil once in a while for special occasions, especially if you have sensitive skin!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very Pleased...just came home with it a little while ago & put it on my hands
while they were damp & my hands are feeling so much nicer & soft....put on just a little...bought the gel with the pink cap,it smells like Johnson's baby powder which
makes me happy...

Same great smell as the original baby oil and same great feel with a little bit more consistency to use as a shaving cream and an after moisturizer. Gel baby oil keeps my legs so silky smooth i can't stop touching them. It's light, smells great, and just a few squirts and you have moisturized sexy legs. Couldn't live without this. Especially during the fall and winter time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Along with Vaseline Cocoa Butter Gel, this is the moisturizer with the mostest. Hydration for days. Affordable. A miracle if you have chronic dry skin like me. Have been using for years and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

on 7/20/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cheap, hydrates dry skin perfectly and leaves skin with a glow. I tried it based on the reviews from MUA posters & as usual they were right! Thanks MUA!

I am not a fan of the packaging. I wish it came in a pump.

Popular Body Skincare Products