September 17, 2014 | 882 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bourjois - Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

great for full coverage but have some questions on my mind... sometimes i have the feeling it does a micro exfoliation....and for dry skin is a no-no! still good product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a hit-or-miss product.
I bought two pieces of these on the same day, of the same shelf and they could not be more different in quality. One is 1-star and the other a 3-star.

First of all, their hair is animal and it is cut so do not expect the softness of synthetic hair, or even that of MAC's 182. They are actualy quite scratchy but the "good" one can be used by someone not accustomed to the above brushes. The "bad" one is rubbish. It hurts my dragonscale-hard skin. They are not so bad when newly-washed, but after just a couple of applications they become scratchy.

They both pick up powder quite good and are firm and densely packed (not as dense as 182, though). But they both lost hair in the initial washing and they also continue to lose during application. The "good" one does not lose too many, just a couple but the "bad" one sheds like crazy.

They had no smell that I could detect and they dry a tad faster than my 182. Oh and they did not bleed during washing. I think brown may actualy be their true colour.

Their packaging is pretty much OK, I keep them in their tube to retain their shape and their size is the expected kabuki size.

I use one for bronzer and one for iridescent powder, but I am getting sick of them and their quality so not only do I not plan to buy again, I am saving money for 2 more 182.
If both were like the "good" of the two (which is actually more of a 3,5-star) then they would have been keepers, especially at their friendly price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by plateaux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another excellent product from Bourjois!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by allthatshimmersx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this brush not to long ago and i really do love it, its soft and a nice size to travel with, it distrubutes the product very well and is not hard to clean. The price of this brush was quite reasonable and i havent had much shedding..yet.I would this product again:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It seemed soft enough in Sephora but after using it a few times, I found it pretty scratchy and returned it. There are definitely softer kabukis in this price range or less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: Since I now have more Kabuki's and am able to compare, I'm changing this review to 3 lippies.
Positive about this brush is that it picks up a good amount of product and distributes it evently. At first it is also very soft but after a while, when the (real) hairs start to split, it becomes kind of scratchy. It's still usuable but I only use it for blush now, not my whole face. Also, my TBS synthetic hair kabuki is 10x softer. I would not buy this again.