July 31, 2014 | 2028 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Meteor-Eyes Baked Glitter Eyeshadow Supernova

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I bought this forever ago thinking it would be a beautiful purple eyeshadow that I could do purple smokey eyes with.

Wrong.

While it IS super pigmented, and very affordable, it is very unflattering. It comes off as a chalky purple-ish (very) dark grey that looks horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

I read the negative reviews on it and decided to buy this anyways because it looked pretty in the package. Well out of the package it didn't look so good at all. The color is way too dark and vulgar. It makes me look like a cheap hooker. I'm not even sure how I will use the rest of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by whatever1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow, but it's not at all what I expected. In the pan, it's a medium mixed purple with pink glitter, but swatched, it's a dark velvet purple with slight grey hint with some pink glitter (that has mostly fallen out).

It's really a lovely shadow! But be careful because it's not what it seems to be. When applied dry, it's a dark purple with a bit of pink glitter, although most of it falls out. For this reason I recommend applying eye makeup before face makeup when using this to just avoid the mess all together. When applied wet, it's a dark purple with pink glitter and a slight foily/metallic effect.

Over all, it's a great eyeshadow for a good value, but it's not what it looks like in the pan at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Supervova is one of the most compelling, dramatic deep velvet purple eye shadows I've ever seen, utterly gorgeous, richly pigmented and perfect for a purple/grey smoky eye! It is a baked shadow with gorgeous veins of glitter that looks subtle on the lids - great for me since I'm in my 40's. I don't have the fallout problems that I have had with UD glittery shades. It is also a great liner used wet. Because the color is so dark, I recommend pairing it with an extreme black mascara like Loreal's Voluminous in Black Carbon. Another plus is the low price of $6! Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LipstickBandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

A neat smokey purple color that is nicely pigmented. The glitter I could do without though, for it's pretty chunky and loose and makes a mess. But the color is nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by dollylynn

So I saw this at walmart (make addict btw) and just had to have it because it was so pretty. I dont have an purple shadows and thought what the hay?! Well in the packaging it just looks like a dark purple with glitter in it. But when applied it almost comes out like a purpley grey and the glitter doesnt stay just falls off the eyes. I recommend cleaning with a dry q-tip (it really works). I was disappointed about the application in which it is not true to its color and the lack of glitter when applied(you know what i was trying to say). I will not buy again since it will hardly ever be used or given away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful! A dark purple glitter eyeshadow. This does look more like a flat purple on my eyes - a GREAT smoky eye look. But I did see a fair amount of glitter on the Kleenex when I took it off - besides - I'm 56 - I should probably stay away from the glitter. I know the Urban Decay settles right in the creases - but I put this on the lid only and LOVED it!!!
Going back for more!!! And only $6.00 at Walmart

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

First off, the packaging is so cheap and ugly but hey? This is hard candy were talking about, haha. The color goes on a lot darker than you'll expect. It is still a gorgeous color. You can't really apply it with a brush because the brush won't pick up enough color... you have to use you're fingers and I haaate that. Overall, ill use this sometimes but not a staple piece in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by spirallingshape

This eyeshadow is a lovely color, but it does go on a lot darker than it looks, and a lot of the glitter just falls onto your cheeks instead of going onto your eyelids where it's supposed to. I see a lot of people saying you need to apply it wet; you do get more color payoff if it's wet, but from what I can tell, you get the same color if you use it dry with a primer, which you should be using anyway because this stuff creases like mad otherwise. 4 lippies because I can't give it 3.5 and it's better than a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by heartshapedscarz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with a lot of the other reviewers who say it looks completely different on than in the packaging. The purple is almost black, the glitter doesn't seem to stay. Even using the Urban Decay primer potion beforehand I don't seem to get a more vibrant affect. It's best for a smokey eye. I have this in green and the same thing applies. It's an okay shadow, just not what I was expecting.