September 3, 2014 | 1567 users online

Other - Tineacide Shoe Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

It does work but to be honest the smell is so strong you need to be outside to use it otherwise it makes you cough, however it does state to be fair spray in a well ventilated area

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dare I say I consider this a beauty product. haha

I get this foot/shoe odor spray from Drugstore.com for $10 for a small 2 oz spray bottle, but I'm willing to keep reordering it over & over because it's the only truly effective odor-fighting & odor-neutralizing product I've ever found that I can rely on for my shoes.

Ideally, it's meant to be sprayed lightly into new shoes to prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria, but it works just as well at killing bacteria in worn, old shoes. Because only a little bit is used (& it very rarely needs reapplication), a small bottle lasts me a very long time. It also doesn't burn or harm skin if sprayed directly on the foot (though I rarely do that), as this is an anti-fungal & anti-yeast product. Active ingredient is 5% undecylenic acid. Packaging says: 'Destroys odor by killing 99.9% of bacteria & fungus on contact.' Sounds good to me!

I have tried countless powders, sprays, lotions, & insoles for my feet & shoes over the years & nothing ever worked like Tineacide. It's 100% reliable & longlasting. The one downfall about this product is its abominable smell. IT STINKS. I have to hold my breath when I spray my shoes & quickly run out of the room (or spray them outside) to prevent horrible choking. The spray's odor dissipates relatively quickly, thankfully, & leaves behind clean smelling shoes that are good as new.

I have sweaty feet that give my shoes trouble, so this is definitely a must-have product for this shoe-lover. HG