August 22, 2014 | 1242 users online

Lips - Jordana - Easyshine Glossy Lip Color

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I thought I would love these! I love sheer moisturizing lipsticks, relatively highly pigmented lip glosses, and tinted lip balms. I thought these would fit right in as a sheer but pigmented glossy and moisturizing lip colour. So I bought four shades: berry colada (a sheer berry with fine shimmer); mango delight (very sheer coral); sugar cookie (sheer nude mlbb shade with some fine shimmer); and sweet strawberry (less sheer true red colour).

But the formula is just not cutting it. These are super thin and slightly greasy feeling, and they don't last very long at all. They don't leave behind any residual moisture or colour either. It's just not worth it to put these on.

The scent and sweet flavour is pretty strong too, and rather off putting for me. If I liked the formula i'd use them anyway, but I don't.

I say pass!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by annm17

I bought this in Mango Delight on an impulse - it was only $2!! - and I love it! The color looks SO good. (I have fair/medium skin with yellow undertones and dark brown hair.) It goes on creamy and smooth with a slight shine. I have to reapply it a few times during the day but it's not drying so that's okay, and it will come off on coffee cups etc. but considering the price... I would without a doubt buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

My new HG red lip color ( tied with maybellines baby lips in "cherry me)!
It's to die for. 1st off, it has a great price tag. 2nd it has good to great pigmentation. It is very buildable.
At first it applies as some sort of 2-in-1 lip gloss and tinted lip balm, then it becomes a stain which I think is amazing. I have it in "Sweet strawberry". That particular one is a red.
That is the only one I have, for now. When my Walgreens restocks them,I'm buying some more.
The one and only drawback is the packaging. When you first buy it, it doesn't twist all the way down, therefore making it hard not to nick the product itself. After awhile of use eventually it wears down so it will twist all the way down.
I say buy it. It's only $2.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by leahraqs

Easy lipshine, conditions my lips, leaves a light but gorgeous color on my lips, makes my lips feel great especially when theyre chapped..i always buy this product (in melon) i love it and highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These Easyshines are suprisingly awesome for only $2 a pop - they're like a threeway hybrid between lipstick, gloss and lip balm and as much as I love them, there are a couple of drawbacks.
The range of colours is pretty good, so there will be something for everyone, Berry Colada and Watermelon Juice are probably my picks for universally appealing colours. These apply pretty sheer but colour can be built up in several layers and the application is dreamy, smooth and slick without being waxy or overloaded in anyway. They have a great balm like texture and don't dry lips out. The deeper colours seem to last fairly well, though in my experience, the lighter, less pimented shades such as Pink Lemonade and Sugar Cookie seem to fade a bit quicker.
Each colour is also flavoured to match it's name, so artifical fruity scents abound. If that's not your thing, then feel free to skip these but I think it's fun and I appreciate them all being different, not some universal plasticky wax yuckness.
Super cheap, small but decent range of shades, lovely application, decent colour pay off (for the most part) and fairly moisturizing... what's not to love? Well, here goes...
The down side - while these are very small, which makes them great if you have very limited space, they contain less than 2g of product. Which is fine for the price they are, don't get me wrong, but most other lipsticks are usually about 3.5 - 4g minimum and glosses are usually 5mL plus so it's just something to keep in mind. Still great value considering the price but if you re-apply them often, you will go through them much faster than a regular sized lipstick or gloss tube, so be prepared to accept that.
The tubes are colour coded to match the stick colour but the lids are clear so you can see the worn down stub of product, which is never my favourite thing. But this is worse - the stick does not wind down fully into the tube so you risk nicking the top and sides if you're not super careful about removing and replacing the lid. Which kind of defeats the whole grab-and-go-glossy kind of vibe they have going on and if you're in a rush or not super precise, then you risk making a mess and/or wasting product, which is always disappointing.
If you have pigmiented lips, then shades like Fresh Melon and Cotton Candy aren't going to show up very well, if at all but they do add a nice shine and feel, so if you're happy with that, then go for it.
Overall, I have 6 or 7 of these and I enjoy them very much!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lalagnet

I first bought the Berry Colada which is like a toasted pink, i really loved it so i went and bought "brown sugar" to use it as a nude lip colour and Sweet Stawberry to use it as a bold red lip colour. I really like these lip balms cause theyre pretty sheer and soft. For that same reason the colour doesnt really last as long but when i want it to last i wear a really sticky lip gloss over it. The packaging isnt great though, the product doesnt go completely down the tube at first so it really easy to nick the product, the labelling also erases after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by macless13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bright pink great for a pop of color or to brighten up your face. It's very moisturizing and fades into a nice stain. I just wish it didn't feel so slick and slightly greasy on my lips. Other than that, it's really nice

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in SB-03 Grape-Tini, which was a huge leap for me because I never thought I'd buy or wear a purple lipstick. Turns out that it's not overwhelming, and actually really flattering! The color is beautiful, the gloss slides on smoothly and it lasts a while (not through lunch, but you know). It smells like a grape-flavored Jolly Rancher, too! If you've ever tried NYX Black Label lipstick in Diva, it's very similar in look and texture. It's also only $1.99 on Jordana's website, so it's perfect for taking a plunge on a color you haven't tried before - like I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Charlilly16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Jordana Easyshine Lipcolor in the shade Berry Colada several months ago at my local Walgreens for about $2. Initially, I was incredibly impressed with the level of pigmentation and the amount of moisture this product provided my lips. I really enjoy the smell, which is a very strong fruity scent, and the packaging is decent, but i wish the product went inside the tube all the way because the cap gets very dirty very quickly as it is practically impossible not to nick the product when taking the cap on and off. However, as I used the product a bit more, I discovered how easily the product wears off and becomes uneven on the lips. Also, when it does wear off, which happens within about twenty or thirty minutes for me, the glitter in the product still remains creating a very strange look. Now, if I wear it all I will just put a little on my lips and blend it out for a more subtle color that doesn't look as strange when it wears off. Overall, I do not really recommend this product because of the way it wears, yet the price and the moisturization of this product are both wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Felicia7

I love these so much! I have Raspberry and Cotton Candy. They both smell so nice! They are also VERY pigmented, but I really like it! Good product!