Avon SuperShock Waterproof

3.7

on 10/21/2012 3:30:00 PM

Most of mascaras i tried worked really well for me, and yet this one is the worst of them all. Volume is=0 and waterproof thing is not true...

I love it, its the best mascara I have purchesd yet. BUT u need a waterproff make up remover, and be GENTLE u do not want to lose lashes. ...u gotta find this way around this macara but i do love it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. The small bristles allowed each lash to be grabbed. It applied nicely, not too wet and didn't clump. I would like to see a bit more length from this product though.

on 11/7/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this was unimpressive. It volumized and was waterproof. However, it was heavy, which weighed down my curl and was very flaky. Also, turns clumpy if you use more than one layer. The wand is very big and hard to work with, especially for the inner corners. Will not be repurchasing.

on 8/11/2011 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just got this mascara for a summer holiday but after trying it will be my new everyday favourite. One coat makes my lashes look amazing. Separated, thickened, defined and lengthened. Who could possibly want more? Easily removed by my nude cleansing oil. Also living my liqui line glimmerstick!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my mascara for easily 2 years now, the brush is fantastic. This mascara separates your lashes perfectly and definitely adds volume. Although this does also lengthen your lashes, if i want that extra umph I use avon lash extend over the top. Great product, unfortunately I think Avon has changed the formula, it is still pretty good but the original was the best.

on 7/29/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Avon products for awhile now. Mostly mascaras and eyeliners. I bought the regular supershock a year or so ago. It didn't really do much.. but the new supershock waterproof is AMAZING. it's very volumizing. to apply, i always roll the brush up along my lashes as i apply, especially near the roots. this always ensures no clumping and tons of volume! love it!

on 5/19/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara by itself is great. I love the fat wand and the fact that the tube is easy to find in my bag. The mascara does not clump or ever give me spider lashes. What's made this already great mascara EVEN BETTER is that I recently got into the Clinique lash primer (I LOVE Clinique's High Impact mascara, but it's not waterproof!), and with the primer, this mascara creates breathtaking lashes. Seriously. And it has everything to do with this mascara, because I've used the primer with a Clinique mascara and a drugstore brand, and neither of them can touch the false eyelash volume I get with this SuperShock one. With this mascara my lashes are separated, thicker looking, and flawless. Combined with the Clinique primer, however, they seriously look like magazine ad eyelashes, and not in a fake or gaudy way. I have gotten a ton of compliments on the length and appearance of my lashes whenever I use this mascara combined with the Clinique primer. Try them! Even alone, this mascara looks fantastic because it provides a flawless application.

Well, Avon's product R&D must have been having a "Go Big or Go Home" moment, when they invented this little beauty. It's a big, fat, super-sized mascara cylinder and wand. "SuperShock" may well be an apt descriptive-of the packaging, at least. Enviably, I already have naturally noticeable, dark brown lashes, so I don't need masses of coats of mascara: just a bit of strategic, cosmetic enhancement. Neither am I the least bit interested in whether or not this holds a curl. I got this in Brown and paid around US$8 on Avon's official website. Since I'd also recently paid well over double that price for a waterproof Beauticontrol mascara, this wasn't too bad. Yet, the massive brush on this wand bothers me slightly. It's so cumbersome and clumsy anywhere near my small, fine-boned face and wide eyes!. This lasts well, in most misty-eyed inducing conditions. Generally, I can wear this for a solid eight hours before I need to remove this with my Lancome eye mu remover. A solid purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought two of these for 7.99 both. I was reluctant to buy Avon products,since I'm not a big fun-they always seem cheap to me.
As soon as I opened this I was thrilled. Just seeing the brush made me very happy! It's big,with million tiny rubber bristles.The consistency was (please note the past tense) kind of thin but applied smoothly and dried fast. I could also apply two layers without clumping.
It made my lashes - which are long,but not daisy duck - look well defined, voluminous and a bit curled.Hurray!
But...
A month later it was over between us.It started thickening, my lashes felt so dry after wearing it and it hurt when applying (I wear lenses). I didn't open the other one I bought. I gave it away as a gift and continued with my life.
Overall: I liked it.I liked it a lot. But I'm a girl with serious intentions about mascaras. And this one broke my heart.