October 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Ultra Lift Pro Gravity Defying Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by oldnhgal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is a gritty quality to this cream - applying it feels like when you are reapplying sunscreen on your face when you have been at the beach for a few hours. It's finer than sand but it's still there - unpleasant. I'll use it up because it's paid for, but I would not buy it again. I do like their other products though. What is it about the fine grit quality that supposedly makes this cream "work" ? I have noticed no difference to my skin in the few weeks I have been using this cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice rich moisturizing cream I use as part of my night time routine. This doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and sinks in fairly quickly. There is a slight scent to the cream, can't quite describe what it is, it is slightly off putting but not enough to turn me away from using this product completely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this cream to use on my neck after reading some positive reviews. However, the first thing that turned me off is the smell, it reminds me of motor oil. The cream is thick, so you don't need a lot, but I find that if I use too much it 'pills' and doesn't absorb well. Didn't work well for me with other products for this reason, it wouldn't absorb so if I used something on top of this cream, I would get blotches. If I used another product afterwards, it would roll off since this one wouldn't absorb. I wouldn't risk using it on my face, it is pretty thick and has some acne causing ingredients in it, but it was okay for my neck. After 3 months of twice daily use, I can't say that I saw much of a difference in firmness. It was okay, but I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by robinia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At age 61, I've spent so much money on the newest ant-aging products, that I could have solved the national debt crisis.
After reading positive reviews, I bought this from Amazon, and I've been using it am and pm for about 5 days. I'm surprised how much brighter my skin looks! ( I'm using this with the Garnier Refresh Foam Cleanser.) I will post again to give an update.

My update, the coarse pores on my normal and aging skin have nearly disappeared on my lower cheeks. The Garnier Rescue Foam Cleanser helps as well. I do add a high SPF lotion when the cream dries. This stuff is the best!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Lobstas27

To my surprise! This is actually a great product. I began to see results within two weeks. Prior to me purchasing I had been badly burned by another drug store product. My skin was very dry and irritated around the cheek bone area. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a department store cream so I picked this one up. The first few days of applying it didn't really convince me but after 2 weeks I noticed a great deal of a difference. I will definitely be purchasing this cream again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lizzyko

Hate to be the downer....but this didn't do much for me. It has a grittiness to it, not sure if it was a bad batch since no one else mentioned it. I normally use a high percentage glycolic acid cream, and thought I would give my skin a break, but nothing works as well as glycolic acid cream, IMHO. So, back to the acid, which has worked really well for me for almost 2 years. I suppose the Garnier is a decent moisturizer, but probably not doing much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works! I can't believe how much firmer my skin is especially around the jaw line. Even my neck skin looks better, firmer; it got rid of that crinkly look. I get it from Walmart, it's reasonably priced and I don't mind the jar. You don't need to use a lot; I apply it twice a day, more generously at night than in the morning. I am very pleasantly surprised with this. Will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by ciat

I decided to try this as I had been using Olay Regenerist for some weeks and seeing no results. I have been using this for a week and am really happy with it. Its a thick white cream but it smooths into your skin pretty well. Use it morning and nite. It has been doing a great job of nixing out those little brown spots and rough places on my cheeks. My nose looks better too with smaller pores. My face just looks better overall, more luminous and smooth. I would recommend it seriously

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by tiniree

Needed a new moisturizer and decided to try Garnier since a friend told me she was happy with their products.

I am 45 and have combo. skin. I also will have breakouts occasionally so a heavy cream is a "no-no".

Really love this moisturizer. Have used it for one week now and so far..no breakouts or other skin problems due to use. Cream melts into my skin fast and leaves it very soft with absolutely no hint of greasiness; a first for me!

I do have one big concern though: This has no SPF in it which means I must use a foundation with one or be extra careful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No