Boots 17 Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/11/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've got this in 'Very Berry' and it really suits me and my skintone. It has no scent and a slight shimmer to it, feels nice on the lips. Looks a bit like lipstick on the lips, but that's how I like it.

on 1/7/2013 11:14:00 AM

I love these lipglosses. They're so pigmented and produce such an amazing sheen on the lips. My fave has to be Dainty Indigo which is a red gloss but unlike most cheap glosses it actually is the colour in the bottle! My other fave is Peach Melba which I like to add over a crazy lip colour as it really tones it down in a nice way.

The staying power of these glosses are like most glosses. I'd deffo recomend this product to anyone! I can't wait to try more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love these! Dirt cheap (3.49) and gorgeous shades. I really hate lip gloss that is too sheer and turn out nothing like how they look in the tube. These ones are brilliant - very pigmented, shimmery, fragrance free and last for quite a long time too. Obviously not as long as pro-wear glosses (i.e any type of those double-ended glosses with a stain and a clear gloss) but I am not a fan of those because they are too drying. You will need to re-apply after a meal with this one but that's to be expected of a gloss.

I have 4 of these - Barely Rose (baby pink), Peachy (nude), Pink Ice (this came free with a gift set, I wouldn't normally have picked such a light shade - it's a very pale, icey pink/almost lavender colour) and Butterfly Cake (quite similar to Barely Rose but it has a gold shimmer to it and is more nude coloured when applied). Barely Rose is my favourite as it really brightens up my complexion and I either wear it alone or with a liner for more definition. These glosses are so pigmented so it looks great with a liner. I thought Boots discontinued this shade because I couldn't find it anywhere but they seem to have it online now - much to my relief! I tried to find a dupe for months and couldn't find one, it's so gorgeous. I love Peachy too, it looks great with MAC Subculture liner. I really want In The Nude next!

on 9/3/2010 1:17:00 AM

Wow - I love these lipglosses. I don't know if they really add volume to the lips as the name suggests, but the colours are beautiful - well pigmented and not too glittery -, the staying power is about the same as most glosses and the price point is super reasonable so you are able to collect all of the colours - even though 'pink ice' and 'star girl' are very very similar (it helps that 17 is often on 3 for 2). There is no real scent and even though the gloss has a nice texture, not too thin at all, they are not sticky. A great bargain find!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this today in part of a Beauty Travel Kit. The colour was Pink Ice, and I think its perhaps a little too light for me, but it's not sticky, I personally don't think it smells of anything at all which is good for me and I also found that when I did wear it today just to see how long it lasted, it lasted me almost the entire day.

I would buy this again in a darker colour if they have one, but this one is a little too light for me :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a review of this on my blog with swatches :)

littlemissmaquillage.blogspot.com

X

on 6/16/2010 5:48:00 PM

I've got this in Pink Ice, a bit too light for me (but I should have known better as I'm so pale that MAC don't make a foundation light enough). Test instore as the swatches on the Boots website are far from accurate! Goes on really smoothly, not gritty or sticky at all. Lasts for a decent while and it's so cheap that it's no problem to keep applying it (about 3.49). Basic doe foot applicator in a tube, doesn't leak and is a good size for the price (8ml). I like the applicator as I can apply it on the go without bothering with a mirror - the colour is always consistent and it's easy to apply precisely.

Popular Lip Glosses