April 16, 2014 | 1810 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Grass Shower Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's so-so. I'm really kind of letdown because, to my nose, this is not the grass scent that I expected. I don't have access to a Lush store so I just order online. I love grassy scents so I was really looking forward to receiving this. Funny thing, after the first time I used it I kept smelling a scent, thinking it was kind of peculiar, though not bad, and was always wondering what it was and who was wearing it. Turns out it was ME and THIS, lol!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by catbaguette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my nose loves herbal scents. I use this on mornings when I need to feel refreshed if I've had a bad day beforehand. I have this firm belief that showers clean the body and the mind (if you get the smells right!). I love showers.

This smells like freshly cut grass, it smells like Spring! Spring is new beginnings and lovely goodness. It is quite herbal and musky so I wouldn't recommend it if you like a feminine/sweeter scent but if you love lots of shower gels to play with and like to be reminded of Spring then I suggest giving this a go!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

It in nice it does smell like grass of course, but it also smells a bit synthetic, I prefer perfume branded shower gel these days. But it's cool

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok. I do not understand WHAT went wrong here. Every time I took a whiff of Grass in the store, it smelled like freshly cut grass - heavenly! It's a scent I love. Yesterday I decided to ask for a sample, and taking a sniff when I walked out, suddenly wondered why it smelled rotten and moldy instead of ... well, like the fresh-cut grass I expected. Okay, maybe it was the fact that I was in the middle of perfume hunting and my nose was tired. So I decided to test it in the shower.

Where it became absolutely repulsive! I almost gagged lathering up, but gave it ONE last try and thought maybe the scent would change if I actually washed with it. [What was I thinking?] NOPE.

I don't know what the Lush SA gave me, but the 'Grass' that I had smelled before was not it. This was the definition of stench.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by AlexisCarlin

This is one out of the three shower gels i use from lush! (raining men, and happy hippy) and it is great! i really like herbal scents and it is true to it's name it smells just like fresh cut grass with undertones of lemon and bergamot and it is perfect at anytime of the year especially summer time. This reminds me of my lake and i bring it out there often to use because it just makes you smell so fresh! wouldn't put it on my hair because it would make me smell a bit swampy but on my body it is fresh and clean which is what you want in a shower gel is it not?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

Grass has a fantastic scent - it's like a nice, clean, refreshing, shot of wheat grass in the morning.The formula is great - it's a wonderful consistency that's non-drying. It wakes me up and it sells up my whole bathroom with grassy goodness. Another Lush hit!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell of this shower gel is just beyond amazing. I bought it for my boyfriend but before I gave it to him I kept it on my desk and I would smell it every now and then. It's winter in Belgium now and it's freezing cold and even snowing, so the wonderful smell of freshly cut grass under a summer sun is a welcome treat.
When used in the shower it is a little more spicy and warm than when smelled right out of the bottle. More warm hay than just pure fresh grass.
But it's such a wonderful, natural smelling shower gel. Not at all soapy or fake citrussy like so many drugstore shower gels for men. (of course this is perfect for women as well, but I prefer Flying Fox)
It is very very expensive, but you don't need a whole lot, so it will last a while. I (or maybe my boyfriend) will definitely repurchase when the tiny bottle is finished, despite the high price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It was given to me as a bit of joke for my birthday. When I first saw it I thought "who would buy that?". I ended up loving it! The next bottle I got didn't seem to be as strong. The original would fragrance my bathroom for hours after I used it. The second one I can barely smell. I wonder if they are trying to save money or I just got a bad one. I would buy it again if it had the same original fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a small (3oz) bottle of this in the summer and although I was a little iffy on it at first, I ended up loving it. I love the deep green color and the scent was just SO refreshing, clean and perfect for hot summer nights after long, hot, sweaty summer days! And, really, what will make this a repurchase for me (next summer...not what I'd prefer in winter, too fresh and not moisturizing enough) is that the lovely scent lasts on your skin for HOURS! That's what I truly love about this shower gel. However, it has several cons: it is absurdly expensive, very runny (it still lathers up just fine, but I prefer a thicker consistency) and it doesn't moisturize, so all in all it's just an average shower gel with an exceptionally long lasting scent. I will buy again, but probably just the small size again for an occasional summertime indulgence.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shower gel is amazing!!! I was very skeptical given that it was called grass and was green. I've tried Olive Branch which I loved a lot, but I wanted to try something different from LUSH. The SA recommended Grass..and now I see why. I love musky scents, and this one definitely smells like grass. If you don't like the smell of freshly cut grass, then obviously don't buy it. I really love this stuff. I do have to use quite a bit to lather up on my loofah, so I run through it pretty quickly. It's expensive to me, but it makes me really look forward to showering haha.

EDIT: after finishing the bottle I won't be repurchasing. The grass scent really got to me.