April 23, 2014 | 2079 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Firecracker (Summer 2010)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sheer but not Clear!!
From the reviews I was expecting less color and sure it's not opaque but I could tell that from looking at it in the bottle. It definitely gives my lips a noticeable orangey-red pop of color. On me it's a little more orange than I expected. I find some reds go fuschia pink on me and I hate that but not this one. Very unique color. I haven't decided if the color is universal yet but it's definitely fun without being too bold.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super sheer and I don't like that at all. I have about 10 different shades in this gloss and this is my least favorite because of the lack of pigment. This looks clear on me. Still a good quality gloss and I will finish this but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is a nice red/orange gloss. Not sticky and very sheer. Too sheer for me. I have to put 2-3 coats to get any color and within an hour it looks like I have clear gloss on. If you are a teen or looking for a gloss over a similar lipstick you may try this, but it's a waste for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firecracker is my go-to lipgloss! It's a gorgeous sheer warm red. I wear it over bare lips and it just makes me look healthy. Over a nude, it prevents the nude lipstick from washing you out. It warms up any pink and it adds a nice shine to a red lipstick.

This is the only drugstore makeup item I've ever purchased backups for. That's how much I love it.

I'm fair/ warm with blonde hair & blue eyes. My mom is part Asian. I wear NC 20 in MAC and MUFE 118. With light blonde hair and sort of ivory skin, I can look very monochromatic, so soft bright lip colors greatly enhance my complexion.

Highly recommend Firecracker!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

First day I wore it, I got compliments. It is sheer yet brightening. The colour works very well on my skintone. Will repurchase, absolute go-to for effortless prettiness. Try it with a honey-toned blush or bronzer & winged liner--AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

PRODUCT: Firecracker is a beautiful, but very, very sheer tomato-orange wash of colour. It really does look good but you should know what to expect. I'm fine with it, because I read these reviews first, and have other glosses and lipsticks on hand for when I want a more obvious orange. This is good, but as long as you expect a sheer, buildable colour. I didn't feel like spending tons on NARS Wonder and this ends up being a bit more tomato-orange-brown on my mauve-pigmented lips. That works fine for me but please don't expect even a slightly opaque colour with this one. I think it would be quite nice to add dimension to either red, orange, or brown-based lipsticks. Besides that, the Super Lustrous lipgloss line is a very high-quality line, particularly for a drugstore brand. As I've said with other SL glosses, the texture and lasting power have sold me. It's really not sticky and glides on easily.
PACKAGING & PRICE: as in other reviews for this line, it's elegant and classy, with a doe-foot applicator for precision, and a tight-closing lid, which I like. Excellent quality for reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

This lipgloss is a favourite of mine! I have worn it over lipsticks, but I prefer to wear it over my bare, natural lips. The sheer orange-tomato colour looks amazing with my sunkissed skin. These Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses are absolutely great quality. I have quite a few of them. They also have an added bonus of SPF 15! I'd say the staying-power lasts a little longer than your average gloss, not sticky whatsoever, applies evely and smoothly with the felt-tip applicator. The packaging is very chic! Of course I will repurchase. : )

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though I had stalked reviews and swatches of Revlon's Super Lustrous lip gloss in Firecracker for at least a month, I was still incredibly surprised when I finally bought it and brought it home. I'd read at least a thousand times already that this shade in particular was insanely sheer, but for whatever reason, I don't think I was ready for just how sheer this applied on my slightly pigmented lips. After dipping the applicator into the gloss three times (just to ensure my lips were coated evenly) Firecracker leaves my lips with an extremely translucent medium orange tint, with only very slight hints of red. I bought this mainly to wear over some of my red lipsticks, but it's far too sheer to add any depth to those. It works the best with my more orange lipsticks, I believe. It gives them a nice little punch of opacity and a juicy shine. It's not at all sticky or greasy feeling, which also makes it perfect for that purpose as well as being worn by its self.
I just don't see myself wearing this alone very much simply because I prefer lipsticks and I feel like this shade doesn't do my complexion much justice. I tend to have to play up my skin with blush to be able to pull off warm colors at all, sadly. I was hoping that this would be a shade that I could throw on during the day as a low maintenance substitute for the red lips I'm known for, but that's not the case.
But, If you've got very bronzed or warm skin, I think that this would look amazingly natural and would truly bring out the gold tones in your skin.
Overall, I'm satisfied with this purchase even if it doesn't live up to all of my expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Amruta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely orange staple. I own two tubes of this. It looks red on some skin tones and warm orange on others - it looks orange on me which I love.

It is a pretty sheer wash of red/orange colour so please keep this in mind - a lot of women who have given this product poor reviews have felt dissapointed to discover it's so sheer (for something with more orange pigment try Nars Wonder).

Its sheerness is precisely why I love it, it's perfect on its own, or over other lipstick as it turns any shade reddy warm, good for all seasons, day or evening.

Also love the consistency and formulation - very hydrating, and most importantly very long lasting.

My HG orange lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad I bought this tomato-coloured gloss. It's an orangey-toned, sheer red that lifts the face no end. Perfect in the centre of a red lip, but also, I love to apply it over MAC Hue, which is a creamy nude. It warms the lipstick up, creating the prettiest peach. Firecracker is far more versatile than one may think when looking at it in the tube. I adore the formulation of Revlon glosses - not a hint of stickiness, just buttery smooth moisture.