August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Moringa Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gem2710

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Smells pleasant enough and the packaging is ok, however I don't think it's effectiveness is all that. It's quite grainy but I still don't feel as though it actually gets rid of dead skin as well as it should for the expensive price. For the price and effectiveness, there should be at least twice the amount of product. It's just not worth the money. I would possibly repurchase, but only when it's on offer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I got this as part of a set for Christmas, and have only just worked my way round to using it. I do actually like this product a lot, its for normal/dry skin and is very coarse and grainy, which is exactly what I love in a body scrub. It applies nicely and smoothes out my dry patches on my legs perfectly, leaving my legs beautifully smooth and nourished afterwards. I don't feel with this scrub that it takes away any essential moisture like some other scrubs do either.
The reason behind why I won't give it a higher score or buy it again is purely because I cannot bear the scent. I've never really heard of Moringa before, I presuming by the picture on the tub that it is a type of flower, but it smells exactly like play doh. It is truly vile! I can still smell it on my skin hours after I've used the scrub, I've even got an entire tub of body butter in the same scent to work my way through! It really is not good, its too strong for my taste.
However, I'm certain the Body Shop do a similar scrub in different scents, and so most likely I will be trying them in the future, but I wouldn't buy this one again purely because of the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this product. The scrub has large, coarse grains, and while it's creamy looking it felt scratchy on my skin, even the soles of my feet and it leaves an oily film on the skin when it has been washed off.

The scent is strange. It has the same moringa scent as the other products in this range but in this scrub it's overlaid with a strange, almost olive-oil scent which really takes away from it.

I wouldn't buy it again - it's a bit too heavy-duty for my skin type and I didn't like the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried various scrubs in all the price ranges and am happy to stick with this one. Moringa smells sweet and a bit exotic (drives my boyfriend crazy), the scrub particles are a great size and shape for body use, and the texture really holds well for prolonged use in the shower. And when you use it in the bath, it feels like lying in the sand in the sea - yay. Good value all round!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Lara_L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Previously I've used TBS Mango scrub, and while the scent was just divine, it just wasn't scrubby enough. So today I purchased the Moringa scrub. The scent isn't all that exciting, but the product itself is delightful! It's lovely and creamy with lots and lots of scrub particles. I feel wonderfully smooth and soft! I took off one lipstick because I wasnt too crazy about the scent, but otherwise it's brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

im on the big tub now after experiementing with the small and still love it. this scrub does everything that a scrub should do, i use it mostly on my shins lower arms and back and it works a treat. my skin is now baby soft. try using this with the shower gel/cream moringa body butter or milk lotion and you will love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Pepelyashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Quite nice, smells great, nice and creamy formula, the particles are just the right size and amount so it does the job well. Nothing extraordinary, but it serves its purpose perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

I love the way it smells and how it scrubs my skin! must i say more?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by annielj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A decent body scrub, exfoliate just right, not too hard, not too gentle. smells very light, after the body scrub, my skin feels very smooth and soft.
Always love the body shop products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by hesterC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my woooooooord the Moringa range smells fantastic! WHERE IS THE MATCHING EDT, BODY SHOP?!?!? Or better yet, a perfume oil! It is the sweetest, loveliest white floral scent I've (almost) ever encountered. The scrub works great too, pretty much perfect ordinary body scrub, with particles that are rough enough yet not of the scratch-the-skin variety. I would prefer, like the other reviewers, to get this in a tub. A pot in the shower is never a great plan - water gets in, and it's a hassle to open with slippery hands.