July 31, 2014 | 1925 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Liquiline Blast- Violet Voltage

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by zing1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this liner after reading decent reviews of CG's liquiline blast eyeliners on MUA. I totally missed out this page and got this color (violet voltage).
When I first applied it to the back of my hand, it had really good pigmentation.
But when I used it on my eyelids, it really tugged on my skin and hurt a bit. The smudging side didn't really work well either.
I've tried applying it by going over the line multiple times but it just looked blotchy and sloppy.
I managed to get a smoother application by heating it with a blowdryer but I feel like it takes too much effort.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Not at all worth $8-$9. It just tried it on and it did nothing for me. I will be returning it tomorrow. The color doesn't show up on my waterline, which is what I bought it for. The smudger, while a good idea, is awkward and just makes it messy. Plus after reading so many reviews about people getting eye infections, it's just not something I want to chance by giving this product another shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunky14

I have this in black and brown, so I decided to get ot in purple. I love it. The color is pretty and long lasting. I don't like how long it takes to come off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LaurenKate329

Compared to every other pencil/ non-liquid eyeliner I've ever used, this lasts the longest and wont rub off as easily during the day. Yet, it is also super blend-able, allowing you to create a smokey eye, but can also be applied to create a very fine, precise line as well.
The violet shade is also wonderful, creating a subtle pop of color to brighten your eyes, without being dramatic or too obviously a shade that isn't black or brown.
Great Product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the color of this eyeliner. The purple really makes my green eyes pop. It also glides on nicely and smudges well with my brown eyeliner (I mix the two for a subtler purple effect). This doesn't last all day though. I would rely on it for a night out, but when I put it on in the morning, it isn't really there by the evening. It also is an unusual size/shape stick and I'm worried sharpening it will make it wonky. I wish this came in a twist up instead. This is good for everyday use to add a bit of color, so I will continue using it and may buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-none

Cons:
-tugs
-color doesn't live up to name - it's a simple plum color
-smudges very easy
-waxy
-NOT liquid intensity
-smudges

Overall, I was fine with this product, as I don't wear very much eye liner and this was given to me by my mother. This product is great if you're just smudging color into your lash line, but it doesn't live up to it's name, nor what the product is intended for. It doesn't even compare to a liquid liner, and it tugs like crazy. It isn't smooth or creamy. It's waxy and hard. The Wet n Wild $1 eyeliners are creamier than this one.

Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by siminims

I must be the only person lately who likes this. o.O

I had a coupon for CG eye products, so I picked this up at the store. I already have awesome blues and greens from UD, and I have a really good gel-pencil liner in black, if you're wondering why I didn't pick up the others.

Swatched on my hand in the car, it was less blue-purple and more of a plum. I was mildly put out, but whatever. I put it on at home--and it didn't tug or anything to me, so I'm sort of baffled--and put a few layers on to up the pigmentation. Still a pretty normal medium plum color. By medium, I mean it didn't turn out super dark even with a few passes.

So THEN, curious person that I am, I decided to try it on my lower waterline, "what do I have to lose?" were my infamous words. Nothing special happened, but I could tell that it made my eyes subtly more defined (for reference, I have SUPER dark black lashes, and dark gold-brown eyes). Y'know, "that's fine" I thought.

And then I went to bed and forgot all about it.

I NEVER DO THIS.

That is because 1) it's begging for an infection and 2) I don't adore waking up with eyeliner on my pillow, my cheeks and my hands (wtf??).
But the kicker is--I didn't even REMEMBER I had the eyeliner on until I brushed my teeth, washed my face, put in my contacts and I was like, "Hey, my eyes are--"

"HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO TAKE OFF MY EYELINER"

and yet there it was, perfectly intact. Sitting on my waterline, just chillin', like it was no big deal.

It didn't end up on my soft contact lenses, and to date I have had no signs of any infection.

I do not know what this pencil is made of, but whatever it is, it's amazing.

***Albeit, yes, to ME, it's a subtle, work-appropriate plum shade. Bear in mind I typically wear hot pink or teal eyeshadow on a daily basis. I don't understand the concept of "subtle" when it comes to my eyes. XD

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Jclurpat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I will never ever ever get this product again. 4 uses. 4 nasty green pus filled eye infections. I'm a dullard for not figuring it out sooner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is not a good product. Do not buy. First, it is very hard to apply and tugs at your eyelid, even after you may try to warm it up. Also, the color is not true to the packaging. Instead of a plummy shade, it appears very dark, almost eggplant-ish. Not very flattering. There are too many good liners out there to re-purchase.
EDIT: I purchased a second one, and it goes on nice and creamy? Weird. Also, the color is slightly lighter and is a lovely plum. Still the inconsistency is... not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Frecklez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

UGH! This was one of those products I bought on a whim because I didn't have Makeup Alley. The Light Blue and Neon Green looked SO pretty! I decided that if I really liked how the Violet Voltage one applied, I would get those later. I paid $8.99 at CVS for this little stick.

I think the most surprising thing was that it needs to be sharpened. Nothing on the packaging suggested do. You need a good shapener, no pencil sharpeners!! I learned that the hard way :( My bathroom now has blocks of purple pigment EVERYWHERE! The pigment just falls off the pencil! I want to call the company to get a refund, which I have never had to do before. I wasted 9 dollars and an entire day trying to get this to work! !! I was outraged. I only got my left eye done, and it wasn't even that good. I think I will be calling their offices. If you are reading this, DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!