October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Conditioner - Live Clean - (Exotic Nectar) Restorative Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was surprised to find that this conditioner did nothing to moisturize my hair and made my scalp itch. I read the ingredient list and Argan Oil is pretty high up there, so what gives?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a try due to the "clean" features of this product line. I'm really trying to use products that don't contain sulphates or silicones in hopes that they'll repair/moisturize my dry/coarse/wavy hair. Sadly, this did nothing to moisturize or restore my hair in any way. If anything, it dried it out. My scalp would itch constantly a day after using this shampoo and conditioner combo. And when I used just the shampoo with another deep treatment mask it still itched. I could be allergic to something in this formula, but regardless I was turned off by the extreme synthetic/artificial smell of the product. For something that is touted as being "natural" it sure smells full of synthetic chemical fragrance to me :( I tried the moisturizing line next and that still itched. I'll never buy anything from Live Clean again. Too bad, because I was hoping this line would work and be more economical than salon grade lines. Bottom line is that this shampoo and conditioner dried out my hair and irritated my scalp.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Claims - True or False?
1) Hydrates and nourishes: Mostly True
2) No added weight: False
3) Long-term conditioning: Unsure
4) Shine: False

Packaging:
Comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with a flip-top cap. Overall I'm not a fan of the packaging as I find it difficult to dispense the desired amount of product - either too little or too much is release. The bottle also has to be shaken quite a bit to get product to the opening if you do not store it upside-down. The plastic can be a bit hard to squeeze sometimes bit it's not horrible. It has a nice design though overall and looks quite pretty. I've used the line in the past and remember that their openings to the bottles were prone to breaking at the hinges.

Formula:
A medium density, white, and light fragrance. Many reviews say it smells like cocoa butter and I don't agree with that - most likely the scent is the argan oil, since there is no cocoa butter in the ingredients' list. The smell can linger on the hair which I do like. It's a pretty creamy formula as opposed to watery or gel-like. Does not feel greasy or oily or heavy in the hand. This is a silicone- and protein-free product, but it does contain humectants.

Performance:
I used this conditioner to cowash, as a rinse-out, and as a leave-in conditioner. I really wanted to like this but after trying this and the accompanying mask I believe that something in the line does not agree with my hair. I'd guess that it is the argan oil. I've used a few other lines in the Live Clean brand and experienced issues as well, and I've also experienced issues using other "natural" lines so I'd guess that the excessive inclusion of "natural" ingredients doesn't work for my hair type. This conditioner provides moderate slip but doesn't detangle as well as I need, does not leave my hair any less frizzy or shinier than it naturally is, and seems to cause both hair and scalp buildup, which leads to a looser curl and seems to have contributed to hair loss. The mask could have been more to blame but I do believe that both have been causing these issues. I feel that the conditioner is slightly lacking in moisture for my hair but that could have been due to buildup and my hair not accepting moisture very well.

Bang for your Buck:
$5-8CAD at most drug stores and grocery stores for 350ml. Used as a normal rinse-out it's a decent deal, but used for cowashing I'd say it's pricier and best to be used in conjunction with cheaper alternatives.

Final Consensus:
Unfortunately not a product for me. Possibly not hydrating enough, build-up, possible fall-out.. it smells great, and it's a nice formula, so I would recommend trying it out if your hair responds well to "natural" products or argan oil specifically.
* Overall Rating: 3/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 2/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by strawberryfeildsforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for 7 bucks at sobeys, because it is cone and protein free. When you put it in your hair you will notice it sinks in and doesnt really give any slip and doesnt feel that great.you have to be more careful because no slip means tangles! but when my hair dried it was less crunchy and dry than when i used cones. I dont mind the smell, its kind of like coco butter. it made my hair really soft but it takes some getting used to if you are used to using heavy silicones.

UPDATE-- still works decent on my hair but broke me out in acne on my back and the sides of my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Klervie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never had an HG product before but for me this really is! I have dry, 3a curly hair. I have been shampoo free for about two years and my hair is still sooo dry, but my curls are more defined than they ever have been.

I used WEN products for about 6 months or so and found it way too expensive to keep up and started looking for something to replace WEN cleansing conditioners.

Enter, Live Clean Restorative Conditioner with Argan Oil. I use it as my deep conditioner (left on over night) and as my cleansing conditioner / leave in. It is 'cone free so I don't experience any heaviness using this, nor any build up. On not so humid days, I just wash with this, use a little as a leave in, scrunch and let air dry. Done! And my hair looks natural, light and great!

This stuff runs around $7-10 CAD at pretty much any drugstore and supermarket. I find the packaging great too. It is thick but I can still easily squeeze the product out of the large opening, and the flat top makes it simple to stand upside down when it is running low.

Definitely will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best of a few "argan" products I've tried. I put it in quotes because a lot of brands are putting a tiny amount of argan oil in their products and emphasizing it. Be sure to read the ingredients and see HOW much argan is in your products. Anything that's too cheap will not have much.

This product seems to have a decent amount. I am jumping on the argan bandwagon because it seems to have the perfect balance between frizz and flatness. It conditions well without leaving the hair too soft and limp. I've tried other Live Clean products in the past, and they are OK but not the living end. This conditioner surpasses all their others in the line, as well and some other, more expensive argan oil-containing brands I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A generally really good conditioner that, when paired with the right shampoo, really makes my hair super soft and helps me prevent split ends. It gives great curl definition and helped my hair heal a lot after years of flat iron damage, but I must give some credit to the shampoo that I use as other ones, even with this conditioner, didn't quite have my hair as nice. However, I love love love this conditioner and won't switch as long as Live Clean is selling it!
I do want to mention the ingredients, which is the best thing about this conditioner. First, obviously, is water, but then there are all these great oils for your hair, flower extracts, and then the moisturizing alcohols, followed by the other chemicals. Even most natural brands don't have as many natural ingredients so early in their lists

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have caucasian, thick, frizzy, dry, damaged hair with roots that easily become oily. I also dye my hair every month and a half. As you can imagine it's a bit of a mess. I've tried many, many different shampoos/conditioners (salon to drug store) and have never found anything that wowed me. I never repurchase because I'm forever looking for my holy grail. I decided to try something organic and all natural since I read that many of the chemicals in shampoos are terrible for dry/damaged hair.

For this conditioner, it's important to rub/massage into your hair. Just coating your hair with the conditioner will not have as good of results. I'll spend a good two or three minutes rubbing my hair between my hands (with conditioner on). Be sure to rinse well. I find that I feel as if there is residue left behind but once fully dry that goes away. My hair is also a bit tangely when I get out of the shower. Don't let this put you off. The end results is what matters.

It's been two weeks of using both the shampoo and conditioner and I feel like it's transforming my hair. I've never in my life had such good results from a shampoo and conditioner. My hair is not as frizzy and big as it used to be and I don't have to use as much styling product (PS: I'm currently using a little Ojon oil before I blow dry and then again after it's dry).

I'm pretty happy with my positive results and I will definitely repurchase (which in itself is shocking)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MorganFaulkner

I will finish the bottle, but the product was nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Pure22

I love this conditioner! I have tried many natural brands of conditioner and they all leave my hair super tangled except this one. The scent is also very smell warm and tasty!