September 2, 2014 | 1521 users online

Bronzers - Maybelline - Expert Wear Shimmer Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by yellowteal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this bronzer. I am not sure exactly which shade I have but it's a very warm bronzy gold that compliments my dark skin beautifully. Sometimes I wear it alone on my cheeks and other times I'll just swipe a little over my blushes. I get SO many compliments with this stuff it's crazy. I bought it on clearance at CVS a couple of years ago and the other day I went to go and try to purchase another, but couldn't find it. I hope it was not on clearance because it was discontinued :(

Oh yeah, it does have shimmer to it, but on me it never looks too shimmer/glittery appearance. It just gives me a gorgeous glow. Sometimes I will even put some on my shoulders and decollete to give me a beautiful (fake) glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I have this in Rock Royalty. It's a medium bronzy-gold with enough shimmer to add dimension without adding too much sparkle. (I have real glitter for that kind of thing.) I usually use it as the crease-to-eyebrow part of the eyeshadow routine and it adds enough color to finish the look without actually adding color. Works great for day-wear. It is a good shade on my skin tone which is slightly yellow under pale white with freckles. This will not work for you if you have blue tones in your skin or olive tones. It's way too orange for that,but works well for me. Might also work for tanned skin. I use the wide brush that comes with it, and just a sweep on each lid works beautifully and lasts all day. Add eyeliner and a little colored eyeshadow closer to the lash line and I'm all set. Will repurchase when I run out.