July 31, 2014 | 1026 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Catwalk Curl Collection Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I am happy to find this curling product after much searching. I was using the Loreal studio curling cream but I noticed that after continuous use my hair would fall out more than usual during shampooing. I believe it was because there was alcohol in it.
This product does wonders to my hair... its light and you only need a pump to a pump and a half for the whole head. i distributed through wet hair and let it air dry. My curls are smooth and defined. this product is 17.99 at Ulta but I would definitely repurchase because my hair doesn't fall out nearly as much

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

This was an impulse buy that I immediately regretted because I just picked it up because it was on clearance. I gotta say, out of my 30-40 bottles of high end styling products, this has become an item I reach for all the time and I have never been disappointed with the results. I have 2a wavy hair and I don't use this as a curl cream in the strictest sense. I use it on wet hair before diffusing or air drying to give separation and definition, it's kind of the base product upon which I build a textured wavy look. I smooth a fairly generous amount through my hair and if I'm not diffusing, I let it dry overnight in a bun or twist. Then when it's dry I finger comb it section by section and add a texture paste(Bumble and Bumble Sumotech). I wrap the sections around a clipless curling wand and then kind of gently scrunch or tousle the curls with my fingers. This gives me that sexy tousled wavy look which I love. As I said, this product acts as a base. It really helps to keep my hair from becoming poofy or frizzy as it dries, which is very important for this look. It gives my hair that separation/texture which I can then easily accentuate with the texture paste. This product is moderate in hold so the texture paste helps lock the texture in place so the look lasts longer. All in all I think this product does its job brilliantly. I have many other products that are supposed to perform this function: texture/tousling creams, beach sprays, curl creams and so on, but this outperforms all the rest. I have also used it as a pre-blow drying cream i.e. to smooth hair and keep it from frizzing and it works well at this too, really makes my hair feel silky and the hold is just enough to keep my hair smooth and sleek even during heat and humidity.

Edit: this product never fails me. I have no need or desire to try other curl creams; this is perfect. Did I mention it actually makes my hair softer as well? These days I never let my hair air dry without it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with my Ulta coupon and was very pleased with the results I had. I apply it to soaking wet hair and allow it to air-dry. It smells nice and gives good definition without leaving my hair crunchy or stringy looking. I also had good shine from this. I use about 1 pump for my long hair and make sure to apply it evenly. I remember using this years and years ago and not really liking it for some reason so I am assuming they reformulated it and changed the scent because I also remember it being more fruity. This was about $17 with tax which is a bit pricey for me when it comes to styling products but it actually works to enhance my curls. I even had second day hair which is typically hard to come by for me. I'm considering trying the matching leave-in next.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream does wonders for my fine curly hair. I use about a dime-sized amount in my wet hair after getting out of the shower and diffuse it when I have time. It never makes my hair feel waxy or heavy and it always leaves it voluminous and defined. I'd highly recommend it if you're in the market for a higher-end curl product. Smells good too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the results I get from this product. I have 3a/3b curls and my hair is long (past mid-back). After I rinse the conditioner out of my hair (which I do upside down - this promotes volume at the roots), I'll give my head a gentle shake to get the access water out. Then I'll take one pump of the Amplifier, emulsify it completely in my hands, and scrunch it into my (still dripping wet) hair. If it's REALLY humid out, I'll add another 1/2 pump at most. My point being - you do NOT need to use a lot of this product. I have a LOT of long hair and this is a sufficient amount. I'll then plop my hair into a microfiber towel, which I leave on for anywhere between 10 - 20 minutes. When I remove the towel, I'll give the length a *very gentle* squeeze, then will leave my hair to air dry, giving just the front, top portion a quick hit with my diffuser dryer. Once my hair dries, my curls are soft, well-defined, and shiny. Sometimes there may be the tiniest bit of crunch (though nowhere near the amount I get when I use gel), but it's easy to scrunch that out once my hair is completely dry. When I first used this product, I was concerned that the candy-like sweet scent would bother me, but it's not that strong and isn't noticeable at all once I remove the mircrofiber towel. On a final note, this product contains silicones so if you're dead-set on avoiding those, this is not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have recently discovered that I have curly hair. I am trying to use new products to enhance the curls. I did not realize this product was only to be used on dry ends.
I thought it was a curl enhancer.
I used a pea size on my dripping wet fine textured hair. My hair looks like straw.
I will try once more, just on the ends and come back to update
Right now I am not happy with this product. Maybe the older products worked. I will look for them

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible! I have thin, fine, wavy, frizzy hair and was hoping for something positive from this product considering all the rave reviews. Instead, I was very disappointed. It made my hair flat, limp, and lifeless. I would never use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATED REVIEW ! I reviewed this product just recently ( the new formula ) and I did a little experiment due to a lot of people saying the new one sucked & thought this might help. Note : 3b thick curly hair & I do my hair when it's dry because for me it comes out more fuller. I found that when I scrunched this product into my hair it came out hard, crunchy, and unmanageable but when I smooth it into my hair ( while it's dry ) and then diffuse it comes out perfect like I stated in my last review. For the girls trying the new formula MESSAGE ! - DON'T SCRUNCH ! - Smooth it into the hair evenly and see if it helps

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kenzieleeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is like gold to me. I have naturally curly hair, I put it on immediately after I get out of the shower and my curls are usually quite luscious throughout the day. I've tried so many curly hair products and this is the only one that helps control my lion mane. it really does magic. my only complaints would be its a little pricy for not a very big bottle, and the way the bottles designed you cant unscrew the top so I feel like I'm wasting a ton, so the bottle feels heavy but impossible to get it out. But those things aside I cant live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after my hair dresser used it after a wet cut, and I loved the finish. The smell is gorgeous and once I apply this to clean, damp hair I feel very luxurious:) It was a little bit pricey (approx.£13) but I think the bottle will last a long time.

I've got long, layered hair and I use one pump, rubbed between palms, sort of scrunched into my hair. It really enhances the natural wave/curl in my layers.

My only gripe, and hence why it's a four star, is that I don't particularly feel that the effect is that long lasting. I think I can see it in my hair for the next day or so after washing, but my hair looks less curly etc by the time I wash it again. I guess I could re-apply it, on dry hair, and perhaps I'll experiment with that, but I'm extremely low maintenance with my hair, and don't really tend to do anything to it once it's dried. I also thought the price was a bit steep, but I know that Tigi products in general aren't going to be cheap, so I knew that before I bought it.

All in all I really like it and will repurchase once my current bottle runs out.