TiGi Catwalk Curl Collection Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier Cream

Water, Polyquaternium-37, Cyclopentasiloxane, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium-11, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., PVP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Panthenol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Simmondsia chinensis Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract, Chitosan, Bacopa Monniera Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool

on 4/1/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The smell is so salon product that make you want a hair cut with head massage.
you should use too much product, cuz is so expensive, you are gonna get poor, and besides because if you use to much you hair get cruchy bad style
better if used on 3/4 wet hair, make some funny things on your hair and let it dry

on 3/23/2015 5:49:00 PM

I have thick 2a wavy hair and have never found that product that could truly enhance the wave pattern. Well I finally found it with this product. I only use a pea sized amount for my shoulder length hair. Scrunch throughout and let air dry. Waves are defined and, most importantly, not crunchy!! Though it is pricey, you only need a small amount so price per use is reasonable. And the smell is not at all offensive.

on 2/10/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Why are companies always trying to fix what "ain't" broke? I absolutely loved the original Curls Rock so when this came out on the market I was excited to try it. I'm glad to see other positive reviews here because for me this product is HORRIBLE!! I have 3B curls and this makes my hair even more frizzy and dry feeling then it is when I start out. There's no shine to my hair. It simply looks and feels like straw. What a waste of money...that's another complaint! This is expensive! I'll never purchase this again! I also gave the packaging a low rating because I don't appreciate the expense and the fact that so much product is wasted at the tail end of the "pump" because the last bit simply cannot be squeezed out.

on 1/15/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

EDIT 3/11/15: This can flake if you use too much near the roots - careful!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Simple, sexy, no fuss hair...Love it! For softly defined, piecey curls that aren't sticky, crunchy, or dry, THIS IS IT! Great for quick and easy gorgeous, natural looking hair. I'm a simple, no fuss hair girl and I have medium/long slightly wavy, super fine and thick Italian hair - loads of it - that looks like magic hit it when I use this! I put a quarter size in damp hair, scrunch it up to bring out the curls, let air dry, and then tousle it and use a bit of hairspray after it dries. Looks even better the next day! I apply at mid-shaft, work it down to ends, then put what's left on my hands near the roots for some more definition. The trick to getting piecey definition is to run your fingers through your hair, not just over the top.

For a couple years I've been looking for a good product to bring out my slight wave....Sally Hershberger Glam Waves was awful and drying, Aveda Curl Cream (can't remember exact name) did nothing...I used to use Sally Hershberger Shagg Spray - the best, but discontinued. Curls Rock smells nice - fresh, not fruity, not overpowering, won't fight with my perfume. It's consistency is pretty thick. I use Fekkai Gloss to finish my look and it's sexy, messy, and clean!

on 11/5/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent product! I lucked out and picked this up for $8 at Ulta during a sale. This makes my hair soft, not crunchy like other curl styling products. I also notice more shine and more curl. I like that this cream is not sticky at all. Only a small smudge is needed, and then I smear it around my palms and gently work it into my hair. This is effective whether I use a diffuser or air dry. It's normally pretty pricey, but the results make it worthwhile.

on 4/19/2014 11:18:00 PM

I am happy to find this curling product after much searching. I was using the Loreal studio curling cream but I noticed that after continuous use my hair would fall out more than usual during shampooing. I believe it was because there was alcohol in it.
This product does wonders to my hair... its light and you only need a pump to a pump and a half for the whole head. i distributed through wet hair and let it air dry. My curls are smooth and defined. this product is 17.99 at Ulta but I would definitely repurchase because my hair doesn't fall out nearly as much

on 4/7/2014 2:10:00 AM

This was an impulse buy that I immediately regretted because I just picked it up because it was on clearance. I gotta say, out of my 30-40 bottles of high end styling products, this has become an item I reach for all the time and I have never been disappointed with the results. I have 2a wavy hair and I don't use this as a curl cream in the strictest sense. I use it on wet hair before diffusing or air drying to give separation and definition, it's kind of the base product upon which I build a textured wavy look. I smooth a fairly generous amount through my hair and if I'm not diffusing, I let it dry overnight in a bun or twist. Then when it's dry I finger comb it section by section and add a texture paste(Bumble and Bumble Sumotech). I wrap the sections around a clipless curling wand and then kind of gently scrunch or tousle the curls with my fingers. This gives me that sexy tousled wavy look which I love. As I said, this product acts as a base. It really helps to keep my hair from becoming poofy or frizzy as it dries, which is very important for this look. It gives my hair that separation/texture which I can then easily accentuate with the texture paste. This product is moderate in hold so the texture paste helps lock the texture in place so the look lasts longer. All in all I think this product does its job brilliantly. I have many other products that are supposed to perform this function: texture/tousling creams, beach sprays, curl creams and so on, but this outperforms all the rest. I have also used it as a pre-blow drying cream i.e. to smooth hair and keep it from frizzing and it works well at this too, really makes my hair feel silky and the hold is just enough to keep my hair smooth and sleek even during heat and humidity.

Edit: this product never fails me. I have no need or desire to try other curl creams; this is perfect. Did I mention it actually makes my hair softer as well? These days I never let my hair air dry without it :)

on 1/24/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this with my Ulta coupon and was very pleased with the results I had. I apply it to soaking wet hair and allow it to air-dry. It smells nice and gives good definition without leaving my hair crunchy or stringy looking. I also had good shine from this. I use about 1 pump for my long hair and make sure to apply it evenly. I remember using this years and years ago and not really liking it for some reason so I am assuming they reformulated it and changed the scent because I also remember it being more fruity. This was about $17 with tax which is a bit pricey for me when it comes to styling products but it actually works to enhance my curls. I even had second day hair which is typically hard to come by for me. I'm considering trying the matching leave-in next.

on 12/16/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This cream does wonders for my fine curly hair. I use about a dime-sized amount in my wet hair after getting out of the shower and diffuse it when I have time. It never makes my hair feel waxy or heavy and it always leaves it voluminous and defined. I'd highly recommend it if you're in the market for a higher-end curl product. Smells good too.

on 12/5/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like the results I get from this product. I have 3a/3b curls and my hair is long (past mid-back). After I rinse the conditioner out of my hair (which I do upside down - this promotes volume at the roots), I'll give my head a gentle shake to get the access water out. Then I'll take one pump of the Amplifier, emulsify it completely in my hands, and scrunch it into my (still dripping wet) hair. If it's REALLY humid out, I'll add another 1/2 pump at most. My point being - you do NOT need to use a lot of this product. I have a LOT of long hair and this is a sufficient amount. I'll then plop my hair into a microfiber towel, which I leave on for anywhere between 10 - 20 minutes. When I remove the towel, I'll give the length a *very gentle* squeeze, then will leave my hair to air dry, giving just the front, top portion a quick hit with my diffuser dryer. Once my hair dries, my curls are soft, well-defined, and shiny. Sometimes there may be the tiniest bit of crunch (though nowhere near the amount I get when I use gel), but it's easy to scrunch that out once my hair is completely dry. When I first used this product, I was concerned that the candy-like sweet scent would bother me, but it's not that strong and isn't noticeable at all once I remove the mircrofiber towel. On a final note, this product contains silicones so if you're dead-set on avoiding those, this is not for you.