July 23, 2014 | 1866 users online

Moisturizers - Korres - Quercetin and Oak Antiageing Antiwrinkle Day Cream Normal/Combination

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lulito485

I really wanted to love this moisturizer. Ever since I saw it at Sephora I had intentions to purchase it once my other moisturizer ran out or if it went on sale. Luckily for me, I found it at my local Marhsall's for a fraction of the price. Sadly, it doesn't do anything for my skin. In fact, it just sits on top of my skin making me look greasy all day long. I wipe and wipe and I still look all shiny. To top it off it is rather disappointing that a day cream from a somewhat expensive brand doesn't even come with an spf of 15. Also, it has an almost frosting like smell which isn't really bad but sort of weird. After a few uses I started to see breakouts and even hives. Despite the fact that it claims to be for normal to combination skin I would only recommend this for someone with extremely dry skin since it is really rich.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I'm not entirely sure if this has an SPF as the container I have doesn't specify anything on the label. But for an anti wrinkle day cream to not have an SPF is a big no for me. So for this reason this cream immediately gets a very low rating. It is a very moisturising thick cream which doesn't seem to sink into my skin at all and made my foundation ball up when I applied it. I don't like feeling greasy, yet that is exactly what i look like after using this. I would say that my skin is very dry but with very oily nose and chin. This product doesn't do anything to my dry areas and just looks shiny everywhere else. Would not repurchase although I do appreciate the natural ingredients and good packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Why does this have such a low rating?! I switched over to this cream as soon as the snow started melting because my skin does a total 180 winter-tight and dry everywhere, spring/summer-very oily t-zone & normal most everywhere else. The search is over, I've found my new moisturizer!

It's much lighter than the creams I usually use (it's more of a lotion consistency), and one pump is enough for my face and neck. It moisturizes perfectly, I found it feeling very light on my face and didn't give me a major oily feeling that I'm used to (I use a lot of blotting sheets normally). I really love this moisturizer. I actually really like the smell, its earthy instead of the perfumey smells a lot of brands put out.

I love that Korres also puts on the packaging how much of the product is natural (this one is around 96% which is amazing).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so baffled by the negative reviews on this product. I love it. I tried a sample and was hooked. It has this perfect consistency of a mixture of serum and lotion that mattifies my skin but with an even tone and no dry/flakies. It has a weird grey color granted, but it feels amazing on my skin and I can immediately feel it calming down my skin. It really provides the perfect canvas for my face powder and I have started to skip primer which may go back to Sephora because its just so irrelevant in my routine now that I have this lotion in my arsenal. It has really made my skin more even, less red, less pimply, and it feels heavenly. I used Korres rose serum for a while and liked that as well but I think this may beat that as well. I've also liked boscia willow bark and botanical blast, murad oil free mattifying lotion among others but I have to say this blows them all out of the park. It doesnt have spf but i dont mind because that way I'm okay with putting it on at night (i find that spf products generally make me break out if I put them on at night not sure why maybe its just the chemical sunblocks in them). I also dont mind the lack of spf because my face powder has spf in it. Overall I love this and would totally repurchase. I plan on buying some for my mom as a present I expect she will love it too. I think it would work for any age of skin and would give you benefits regardless. I did find it a little pricey for Korres (the lotion was around 50 I believe, the serum is 60+). However for the results I will def take the plunge again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Sephora gave me a sample of the version for dry skin, and it was the only moisturizer I've ever used that made a visible difference in my skin. It reduced redness and gave me a nice, dewy look.

I don't have dry skin, so when purchasing I went for the normal/combination version. It's perfectly adequate as a moisturizer, but I don't find that it has the same effect on my skin as the dry version. It leaves my skin soft, without being heavy. I don't notice the smell (note: I collect perfume and am sensitive to scent; this one doesn't bother me or even rise to the level of notice).

Unlike other moisturizers, it doesn't make me break out, yet still leaves my skin feeling moisturized, so I'm giving it a four. I do wish it had a bit more moisture, and did more for redness; if I buy more I'll probably buy the version for dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by luckyangel5822

I really did like the idea of this product! I took home a sample from Sephora and went back to buy the bottle. I didn't mind the smell so much, but I liked the cream. I used just as directed during my normal skincare routine. I was probably a good halfway through the bottle, when my skin would started to sting when I would apply this stuff! At first I wasn't sure, but I cut it out of my routine and noticed that this was the culprit item! I was sad that this cream ended up not working for me. Hopefully others have a better experience with this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks for the sample Sephora! I'll never buy this product. I put it on the other night and immediately had to take it off. The odor is awful. I don't care if it's the fountain of youth, I couldn't stand the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by MysaMysa

I had my doubts after just a few days of use and I should have returned to product to Sephora. I have always had clear skin and usually my complexion is borderline dry in the winter however I felt that with summer approaching I should invest in a normal/ combo to avoid any summer time blackheads. After just a few days, my skin broke out, which is really bizarre, and I could hardly use more than a pea size drop which is a challenge as controlling the pump for an exact amount is not easy. I kept trying, as I do LOVE the Korres Anti-Aging Primer which did take my skin a few weeks to adapt to using. It does not feel like it moisturizes; it feels and looks oily and greasy. A high quality moisturizer should be noncomedogenic while still offering results. I usually buy Caudalie and even though it's a bit pricier it is definitely worth it! If I remember correctly from my days from high school, Clinique and Oil of Olay were better than this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by forte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am almost finished with my bottle, so now's the time for a review. I recently turned 30 and I don't have any noticeable wrinkles - just a few very fine lines around my eyes. I am mostly interested in preventative maintenance and I would describe my skin as combination and not particularly sensitive. I like this cream quite a bit, but I feel like it's just a little heavy for day. It's definitely moisturizing and my skin glows a little more than it did before. My skin feels softer and the tone is a little more even. I would have repurchased this, but I noticed they offer a Quercetin & Oak Serum, so I think I will switch over to that one. The ingredients are similar, but it will be a little lighter.

One small complaint - the pump bottle packaging is nice at first. I like the clean look and the heavy glass...but this is about finished and because the cream is so thick, I feel like a good 10% or so is going to end up stuck in the bottom of the bottle. Turning it upside down doesn't help much. The tube on the pump doesn't quite reach the bottom.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pleasantly scented cream in a dark brown glass pump bottle, with sunscreen chemicals on the ingredients label, but no spf listed on it. That confusing tidbit aside, this was not very cosmetically elegant. It felt heavy and waxy, and never really seemed to penetrate my skin. It did moisturize, but left my recently zit free skin with a few new clogs. I have normal, slightly combo skin which has been hormonal acne free for almost a year. I'm not sure what type of skin this would be good for, so I cannot recommend.