December 21, 2014 | 1233 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - No Frizz Ultra Light Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have a unique story on this product. I bought it after watching a product comparison on YouTube by a girl with hair like mine (blonde, processed, easily weighed down). She & I both had the same reaction to the Kenra product (that it was too heavy), so I thought this was worth a try based upon her recommendation. I use it on towel-dried hair and it makes my hair much smoother & less frizzy post-blowdry. The "unique" experience I had with it, was after a long day out in the elements that had completely trashed my poor hair. After 12+ hours of hunting and fishing in high heat & humidity, and wind ripping at my hair on a hi-speed boat, my hair was a tangled, dried up mess. I had braided it in two braids and left the ends long, and I never thought I would get it unbraided, untangled, and rehydrated without having to cut it. I spritzed the ends of the braids and slowly worked them out and then spritzed my whole head before carefully detangling with a long tooth comb. Omg, it worked! My hair detangled with almost no breakage. I was amazed. I've used other so-called detangler products before in similar situations and ended up with massive damage and breakage anyway (i.e. Ojon revitalizing spray, Pantene detangler). If you find yourself in a bind literally, I suggest giving this a try as an emergency detangler. It's a great daily-use product too if you want a shine spray that adds a bit of softness and shine without being too weighty. I will always keep some on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I have thick, large-wavy (as in, I get one or maybe two curves in collarbone-length) hair that gets really poufy in the heat/humidity. I prefer to blowdry my hair straight, but that doesn't really control the puffiness. I used this years and years ago, went through bottles at the time. Recently I dragged it out randomly to see if it still worked. YUP!

It's so nice not to have to put sticky, greasy serums in your hair that never seem to wash off your hands. This is a quick and easy spray. I use it on towel-dried or partially air-dried hair, then blowdry. It stays good for hours, too. Smells nice. The bottle travels terribly, the liquid will slither out the cap and get all over, so I suggest getting a smaller travel bottle that's more secure.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Alfy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim since I saw it on sale at a local drug store. At first I used it on dry hair and it did absolutely nothing besides making my hair extra greasy (used maybe 2-3 pumps). I then began using it on just out of the shower hair (3-4 pumps) and this helps make my hair look shinier and feel smoother. My natural texture is wavy with crazy baby hair and this keeps my baby hair from going wild. It does make my hair greasier more quickly but it's the easiest way for me to style my hair so that it looks "nice" without using a blow drier or flat iron. However, on a rainy day it does nothing to prevent my hair from looking like a weed bush. I'd buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gxd8105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ummm I am not sure why this product got awesome reviews. I have curly hair. I sprayed a liberal amount after shower while my hair was still wet. As soon as it hit my hair, my hair started to frizz! I am no chemist but it has alcohol in it which is supposed to dry curly hair - #1 cause of frizz. I am actually gonna take it back to the store and try to return it...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product and have re-purchased it a million times.

I have SERIOUS frizz issues. My hair is just so thick and coarse it is extremely hard to style and make it look not crazy. This helps so much.

I use it after I shower and get out of the pool. It makes my hair much more tame. I know it says to use when hair is wet, but I occasionally will put it on when my hair's dry too just to calm it down a little bit.

This is definitely one of my favorite styling products. It works great for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I looooove this spray! I was looking for something ultra light that wouldn't weigh my hair down as it tamed the frizz. I tend to get really dry, brittle and frizzy hair in the summer, especially on really humid days. I just spritz some of this all over, being careful not to overdo it (which is hard to do since the mist really does come out in a fine spray, another perk). Then I brush my hair out and either let it air dry or blow dry when I want that super sleek, just straightened look. I notice when I blow dry it looks more super shiny and straight, but it still works either way. The super strong, almost perfumey smell disappears after settling into the hair, so it's not an issue for me. Great product for a dirt cheap price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this mostly in the summer when it's humid out and I haven't noticed nearly as much frizz as when I don't use it :) it doesn't have a particular smell and it's very easy to spray. I don't notice any type of shine, but I'm not complaining.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

this spray is as good as any other there. keep in mind that as is with most shine sprays, alcohol is the first ingredient. but it has to be there to make it rise and go through the spray. it is very nice and does the job. if you want one without alcohol you will have to use the straight serum or argon oil. i got this on sale for 4$ canadian and could not be happier really.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

TreSemme is always a bust for me. In my opinion, the should rename the brand TreSuck. I wanted to try this product out considering the decent reviews here. I tried this in damp hair before blow drying it and on dry hair. The smell of this product: It's a mixture of rancid booze and chemicals. HORRIBLE. It made my hair feel like straw but it did tame frizz a little. Alcohol is the first ingredient in this and I can tell by the smell and texture of my hair. This is a major disappointment. Major and I don't recommend this for anyone with very thick long wavy hair. It will do absoluetly nothing for your hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ANegd

This product does not work for my hair. I needed my frizz to go down and this just ended up making my hair look greasy and feel oily. Also, it doesn't smell the greatest.