October 26, 2014 | 1659 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Equate - Healthy Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by anasofie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin and every year I try a new self-tanner. I was tired of spending lots of money, so I decided to go the cheaper route by getting the generic brand. I was not expecting much...but i like this product ! It's very gradual and real-looking...no orange ! I will keep using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by BeautyWithin1379

I have very pale skin in the winter and don't feel at my best in the winter months. I even considered tanning beds but we all know the effects of those! So my first time ever purchasing a tanning lotion I hesitated to get this one (I reached for the Jergens brand) only because off brand products either work great or are just work horribly.

Decided to get the equate brand put it on right away (exfoliate first!) I didn't exfoliate the first time I put it on but it didn't turn out patchy. I use sugar and a scrubbing brush in the shower to exfoliate, it works great and is cheap!

Although I'm not trying to reach the darkest tone I only want a touch of color, anyone looking to be very dark can't help with that! I usually lotion a few times a week and wait another week. Exfoliate with a sugar scrub made at home, wait to apply lotion to knees, elbows, ankles and feet. These areas are a lot thicker and require less or you will turn orange in those areas if not careful! Tip* exfoliate mainly on the elbows, knees, ankles and feet.

Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for my legs because I don't really ever get any sun. Worked fast for me. (I used twice a day). I really like the outcome. My legs look awesome. They finally match my arms. Also helped conceal old scars from childhood. LOVE

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by livyeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have olive skin and i thought when i bought this "hey this will be cool for me to have in the winter since i get really sickly pale (for some reason)". I did notice a LITTLE difference in my skin tone but not much and i didnt know if you could use this on your face or not so i decided what the hay! i used it and didnt break out on my face at all. BUT it doesnt really affect the color of my skin at all. I will not repurchase this item.

PROS:
-moisturizing
- a little SPARKLY!! :-D !!!
-doesnt aggrivate skin

CONS:
-doesnt realy do what it says
P.S. i know there is more pros thancons (there really isnt much to say) but the reason i will not repurchase is the fact that it says it will make skin darker but doesnt. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not pasty or that pale to begin with so this tanner maybe made me a shade or two darker? Nothing drastic. Not orange or streaky. It took a week to develop fully, and I applied it once in the afternoon after I showered and once before bed. This would probably turn a real pale person maybe 4 shades darker? I do look like a spent an afternoon or two outside. It's nice and cheap, would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by paulina53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

worked pretty fast( i could see a diference after only a couple days) . good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS. I find it works BETTER than the Jergens, and it's about 3 dollars cheaper. That's like getting 1/4 of a bottle, for free! =D I think the Equate version shows up quicker on my skin, as in, it shows up by the end of the day, whereas the Jergens shows up after a couple days. I use this on my legs in the winter, and L'oreal Sublime Glow on my arms, and in the summer I use the Sublime Glow before going out, and the Equate when I stay home. I always repurchase, as long as I can find it at my local Wal-Mart, as it's often sold out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product....here's what I do to get the most of it. I buy the darkest...medium-tan. I put a squeeze in my palm then I pump or squeeze another body lotion (I use equate's advanced healing, fragrance free) and dilute the tanning cream. Mix both with hands together. This dilutes the tanning cream and it lasts a long time.

Bottom line for the best bang for your buck....buy the darkest amount and dilute it with another lotion. The tanning tube will last longer when you adjust the tanning ingredient to get a good shade for your skin tone.

You'll know after a week or two what a good mix for you is. Then it's just maintenance. I do about half and half every 2-3 days for summer. Moisturize on the off days...the tanning ingredient can be drying.

If you are fair...try this method too. Dilute the lotion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Completely deleting my other review and starting over. At first I liked this and was tan. I have pale olive skin so I wanted a glow or some sort of color. I applied this a second time and I was orange. Ugh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the same as the Jergens one, but you save a few dollars. The color development, scent, and drying time are the same. It does take a little bit to dry bc the formula is thick, but no more than the Jergens. The scent is bad on me, so I use it before bed then shower it off in the morning. Idk about the firming part of it bc I haven't paid attention, but I'm sure the color will help the look of my thighs anyway.