October 23, 2014 | 1649 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Vanilla Woods

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried hundreds of fragrances over the years, and this humble Bath and Body Works perfume is one of the main standouts of them all. From the instant I first tried it, I knew it was my HG vanilla. It's the perfect combination of vanilla and smooth woody notes. It remains linear from start to finish, but given the sheer perfection of the scent, I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't know the notes of the perfume, but I would suspect there is also sandalwood and/or tonka bean in this fragrance, which lends it such depth and coziness. On me, it smells very similar if not identical to the drydown of Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. Very relaxing and comforting, but also sexy (my boyfriend loves this scent on me) due to the vanilla aspect. It was a limited edition scent that Bath and Body Works released for a very short period before discontinuing it. Now it's quite rare and hard to find for a reasonable price, so I feel lucky to have found it when I did.

*Also, this product is a completely different scent from the recently released "Dreamy Vanilla Woods" line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got the Dreamy Vanilla Woods lotion and body spray both for 8.00. I don't care for the design on the bottles so it wasn't eye candy that brought me to this scent. The after Christmas sale got me there and the price made me try it. This is an amazing scent. I'm not fond of many vanillas, but this is the ultimate vanilla to my nose! The Ile de tahiti coconut vanille lotion they used to have had the exact vanilla in it, which is my favorite lotion of all times....I think. This is so close to that same perfection. A warm blanket out of the dryer doesn't feel any warmer than this scent. This scent is exquisite, calming, feminine, refined...I can't believe it's this lovely and lasts! It lasts like an expensive perfume, but this will never be cloying no matter how much you use. Their Vanilla Noir was a "nice" vanilla, but still nothing compared to this. The best comparison I can come up with for this is, a beige cashmere sweater, yep, this scent is that...in liquid form. This scent has no age, it is mysterious, and it gives a feeling of nostalgia. Hats off to B&BW for this treasure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by SMeadows

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

2ND!! I second everything Traes said! I've worn this perfume all week and received probably about 20 compliments! WHY did they discontinue this? It's a perfect vanilla--not too sweet, a little woody, but not heavy or masculine at all. It's perfect. Smells nothing like Bath and Body Works other vanilla scents. My niece hugged me and wouldn't let go. She buried her nose in my chest and said, mmmmmmmm, you smell soooo good. Clothes smell heavenly the day after too. My scarf smells delicious. Lol, my seatbelt smells delicious! I'm going to buy every last bottle I can find of this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have no idea why this fragrance came and went so fast, but I'm glad I found a couple of bottles. B&BW came out with these great sounding signature scents like Vanilla Woods, Chai Anise, Wildflower Tea, Lemon Watermint, Creamy Fig Nectar, Indian Vetyver, and they all disappeared before anyone even heard of them! What's up with that? Anyway, this is a great everyday scent, perfect for jeans and a t-shirt, for when you want to smell good without smelling 'perfumey'. It smells a little like Lostmarch Lann-Ael, but not so tooth-achingly sweet. A much more clean and subtle, woody vanilla. I was a little concerned that this would be a copy of B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar, but not even close. I would never even have guessed this was a B&BW scent! Not terribly sophisticated, but much nicer than anything else of theirs. Really nice fragrance. I rarely get compliments on my perfume, but I had three people tell me how good I smelled today! I really like this one. It's great for layering too. I wore this over a nice tropical lotion last week on a warm day and smelled heavenly! This is a definite keeper. Maybe I need a third bottle?