July 29, 2014 | 1698 users online

Concealers - The Body Shop - Flawless Skin Protecting Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

Now called the Concealer All-In-One, but I think it may be getting discontinued as I found they were selling them off for $5 CAD, only in the shade 01 but I didn't see any other shades on the displays.

I bought this previously in shade 01 which is a light yellow leaning shade (I'm NC 20-25 and it blends out and matches me pretty well) during a buy 2-get-1 sale but the price is originally $12 CAD. I was looking for a less drying concealer for under my eyes and this was advertised as being moisturizing as it has a vitamin E core surrounded by concealer. It doesn't completely cover up my dark circles (which are usually not too bad) even if I put two layers on, I can still see some grey discolouration. Covers up moderate redness nicely but tends to fade away on blemishes and does not completely cover them as well. In the summer I found that it would crease and settle into fine lines under my eyes and eventually fade away if not set with a powder, but now that it's winter and dry this less of a problem, except that after a while I would see dry flakes under one of my eyes that have a problem with dryness. Regardless if set with powder or not it still eventually looks faded away by the end of the day though. It doesn't really feel particularly moisturizing to me, just really light. It feels just a bit thicker on application now that it's winter (which means cold and dry weather for me).

Pros:
- convenient stick style that comes in a slim turn up container, easy to travel with
- light and blends into skin easily

Cons:
- after a while it started to not retract back into the tube when turned. The concealer stick did not break off, but I'm guessing the bottom of it must have loosened from the retracting mechanism. I have to press it down gently in order for it to turn back down. This kind of skinny stick packaging seems prone to this particular problem.
- staying power is not too great.

Overall:
All around decent product, but for the normal price I feel that I can get something that works and lasts better for a bit more money. It's great to have around if you can get it on sale (which is pretty often at TBS) but don't expect too much from it. I like to use it when I'm lazy/short on time and need a little something to cover my dark circles and for easy on-the-go touch-ups.

I could not help but pick up another when I saw it on sale for $5 but I am still on the hunt for a better undereye concealer. I probably would not repurchase anymore though, I hope to find something better by the time I my first tube is finished and keep the second around just as an emergency concealer while out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MissmeganA

This stuff is caky, drying and thick. It does not blend well. The coverage is also not great, it doesn't cover redness well and it creases so it's not good for undereye circles which is my main use for concealer anyway. I don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Elspaeth

Unfortunately this concealer doesn't really do much for me. It cakes, I can only blend it in with great difficulty, and it has a very light coverage. Not too mention it does settle in my fine lines.

The good part about it is that it's very affordable, doesn't have an unpleasant texture and the packaging is very practical.

I found Maybelline Super Stay Concealer had a better coverage and lasting power at a lower price compared to The Body Shop Flawless Skin Protecting Concealer.

I will not be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is now called Concealer All in One, but when I got it it was Flawless, etc. Basically the twist up stick with some vitamin e in the middle. I like the idea of a stick concealer and like the lipstick tube type packaging and the price is actually not bad for the amount you get. It works okay. I used it mostly on zits and discolourations, not as an under eye stick. It seemed a bit dry, with a powdery finish and can settle in pores/lines. I now prefer Origins cream concealer or just a small dab of powder over foundation to conceal marks.

My biggest problem is that the colour 01 is too peach/orange for my fair skin. That was the lightest option at the time a couple years ago, but I see they've added a 00 colour that, on the website at least, seems very pink. Maybe that would have worked better for me. I might check out the new shade, but doubt it will be enough to get me to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer because its quite creamy and smooth and tends to apply quite well. It blends in better than I had imagined when i first bought it. It covers up redness in my cheeks ok, but I still find it hard to cover pimples with any concealer at all (probably due to my technique, not the product). Its quite expensive, but easy to use. I have yet to find a concealer that tops this one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by fatimarasheed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i feel the product doesnt work too well on me. its sort of to light and doesnt look good. However i did like the packaging very much and the price was very very good. Perhaps if i had gone back and gotten a better colour it might have work but i do think the need a wider range of colours because the was no colour that was perfect for me to be honest.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Distordedx

this is my second concealer. my first was ZA. im not sure if im using this the wrong way but i feel that it doesnt do anything other than stuck onto my finger that i use to apply. it didnt get on my undereye smoothly despite dabbing it softly...and it CAKES and gives me lines......... i dont really like body shop's cosmetic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by heidzbaby

This one is good enough and I have 2 (00 with pink tones and 03 same as my skin tone). I use 03 to hide the blemishes but be careful with the under eyes as it creases I use the 00 for my under eyes. Less is more. Don't forget to set it with loose powder / or most importantly blend blend blend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by aydini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i tried this concealer in TBS by chance and did not purchase that day. after about half an hour i tried it, i looked at the mirror at car and noticed that there was a brightness there!!! :) and i purchased it the day after and have been using it for a week. at first i liked it for under-eyes but now i am also using it on my acne scars and it covers really well. i do not use powder anymore. color number 2 is just perfect for me, cause even you apply it as spots on your face, it is not noticeable. i definitely liked this affordable-priced and affective concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by x3love97

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER! I love it as it covers discolouration and dark circles however i don't recommend this to cover spots. I've been through tons of different brands; from max factor, loreal, elizabeth arden... you name it! And this is by far the best one yet. I have terrible dark circles, they are heriditory(woo, thanks mum and dad!) so their is no cream that will succeed in get rid of them, so i went on a search for concealers to cover them, this one is just perfect. Its not to shiny so my puffy dark circles don't stand out even more, its not too dry either. I love the creamy texture of it and it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. Its one of those concealers that you can top up on if you want extra coverage, however i think one layer is just fine. You can still see my dark circles as the natural shadow from the light can't be helped, but this really really covers them up well! I really do recommend this to anyone with dark circles or discolouration on their skin!