August 23, 2014 | 1059 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nu Fountain C10 Vitamin C Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by iii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is actually a review for the serum that has alpha arbutin added (for extra lightening), but I am adding here because there doesn't appear to be a page for that one. Ok, so after seeing the stellar reviews of this product I was excited to try it. I have pretty good skin, just a few mild freckle/hyperpigmentation spots from sun exposure that I wanted to get rid of. I am middle eastern and thus have olive toned skin. After using this for 4 days it left two large swaths of HYPOpigmentation across my face (the freckles though remained unchanged, despite this) so I stopped using it and contacted NuFountain. They issued me a refund immediately and were friendly but couldn't tell me if the hypopigmentation would resolve. On a side note, it also broke me out, but having sensitive skin, I am not shocked about that. So, although this seems to work for fair-skinned caucasians, I highly encourage anyone with any color in their skin to think twice about using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first vitamin c serum and my goodness its good, my skin was stunning whilst using this acne marks faded and the overall colour and tone was soo much healthier. I ran out a couple of weeks ago and brought the avalon serum instead which is nice but has no where near the beautiful ,effects of this i'll definitely be buying again soon enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by savliving

I absolutely love this stuff and feel like such a fool for never introducing topical vitamin c to my skincare. I am halfway through my second bottle and will surely be purchasing a 3rd. The clarity of my skin is amazing. Even if I'm broken out my skin still looks fresh. Sometimes it seems to good to be true. I have to note that I also take ester c vitamins daily for protection from the inside out. I don't really think I need the 20% with the outstanding results I receive from the 10%. Will update if anything changes! UPDATE: I did reduce the amount of times I use this to every 2-3 days. Too much causes some irritation. I also store this in the door of my mini fridge and it has kept much longer. 11/1/11 I now apply my vitamin C at night. Love it this way! I have repurchased multiple times and am very happy with the results. I love the benefits of vitamin C and this is so very affordable. I also want to add that I am not using C to rid of any freckles or spots. I love my freckles. It's more for collagen, antioxidant, and clarity. Update 7/19/2012 I still use this concentration. Have to use it more often because of my job and being in the sun. My only complaint is it turns my palms orange. 4/29/2013 Still using every couple nights with my BHA. Love it 2/16/14 I no longer use this product. It has also been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Tali7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cannot rate this product enough! Nufountain as a company are v helpful and friendly, and their product costs (and postage) are soo good for what you get!

I ordered just before Christmas, and the serum lasted me until march, so a good long while. I'd say it took about 6weeks before I noticed any difference, but after that my skin was truly radiant, glowy, soft and just generally amazing! I cut down on foundation drastically as this product made my bare skin flawless!

I haven't got round to ordering any more yet, but am missing it so much. My skin is starting to get dull, congested (don't know whether it was the product or the decrease in foundation that improved my skin, but either way I'm not complaining!) and just blah.

Save your money on all the expensive vitamin c serums, and treat yourself to this! I got the 10% first as I have sensitive skin, but think I'm going to purchase a 20% one next week now that i know my skin is ok with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bsteves06

I've been using this for about 5 weeks now. I'm not overly impressed. I expected to see more dramatic results but so far I haven't seen much. I'm a vitamin C newbie the only other product I've used is the Avalon organics c toner.

I live in Canada and I ordered this off the Nufountain website, which in turn sent me through Amazon, total cost with shipping was unser $30. It came with great instructions and tips.

The hardest part of this serum is the consistency, it is like water. I find it very hard to apply to my face. They say to put some in your cupped palm, and then dap on face but it just doesn't spread very well, and I felt like I was wasting it. Finally I put the dropper up against my skin and dropped the serum on, keeping my other hand close by to immediatly rub it in lol

I didn't notice any burning or stinging, only if it was after I exfoliated. After five weeks though, my skin does look a bit better. Nothing dramatic though. I think next time I will buy the 20% concentration.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the vitamin C serum without ferulic. This stuff will run you about $20, which is pretty reasonable compared with some other serums, but as a lot of folks will tell you, a determined serum concocter can whip it up much more cheaply by buying the ingredients and making a batch him or herself. The trouble with vitamin C serums is they're relatively unstable, and the best temperature for storage is somewhat cooler than room temperature but somewhat warmer than a refrigerator (60 degrees F).

I got this stuff kind of hoping it would clear my skin up, as a lot of people claim, but I haven't had that reaction. I'm not sure I've noticed a brightening in tone, either, but my skin's not particularly dull. I do like that it acts as UV protection and potentially repair of skin damage, so I might try making my own or try the ferulic version (which is designed for oily skin) though I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hope I'm not jumping the gun and will certainly update my review in the next few upcoming weeks, but I'm just too excited about this not to write an initial review. For those of us combating dryness, acne scaring, hyper-pigmentation this is a much cheaper version of Vitamin C Gel with Ferulic than Skin Ceuticals. The Skin Ceuticals version is $157.00 US. The Nu Fountain version is less than 1/10th that price. My product arrived fresh and properly sealed today.

The only drawback I see so far is that this is not dispensed by dropper, but by pump. It is a gel, but a thin one, so the product leaked through the pump, which annoyed me. That said, 2-3 drops is all it takes - it spreads very easily, my skin soaked it in within minutes and felt baby soft. I added a little extra (residue) to the area under my bottom lip which is darker due to a rash I'd developed a few weeks ago.

I'm incuding the link here for those who wish to read the reviews. Another MUA'er posted on this product. I'd never heard of it so went off to do my research. I was so impressed, I ordered it right away, via Amazon - so easy! Time will tell over the next few weeks if this is really what it is advertized to be, but I'm very impressed thus far. If all works out, this could be a permanent addition to my regimen.

Updated: I'm still using this product with excellent results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 7:10:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really an amazing Vit C serum that is quality, staple, and okay for even those with sensitive skin. I am so greatful I ran across such a sweetheart skincare guru on here who knows so much about treatments and serums, as I am pretty knowledgable about everything else skincare aside form those two areas lol. Without her advise and recommendation of quality vitamin c serums I would have never found this one. For starters let me just say I have normal, clear, and even (knock on wood) skin, yet have pain in the ass clog prone/breakout prone skin. Anyone similar knows what a pain it is to constantly have to use scrubs, masks, glycolics, serums, etc jsut to try to maintain you skin so it doesn't break out. I did okay for the most part but no matter how good my cleanser, spf, and cream are I still break out randomly form the clogged pores and lately all my minor breakouts leave behind post blemish marks. None of the above or anything I have relaly tried has been helping me with the marks. I had used a cheap Vit C serum years ago to get a dose of antioxidant under my spf and irriated my normally very tough skin so gave up on it. It wasn't until the guru told me that Vit C is actually amazing longterm to use in the morning under your spf mainly as it really help regenerating skin cells, fading marks, and overall jsut making your skin look great and be super strong as you get older. I relaly never knew this about Vitamin C hence why I stopped using it after one bad experience. This NuFountain version however is amazing and I had had no problems using it daily along with a retinoid at night to help with the clogged pore issue. I never knew using these 2 products daily along with my simple skicnare routine is all I need to help with the skin issues I had had for years and also that they are so good for me longterm. Couldn't be happier with my routine now especially since I know longer need to use a million masks and scrubs. This serum is offered at such an amazing price on Amazon and recommend it to anyone with skin issues or not, as it is purely just so good for your skin in general! :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No