September 18, 2014 | 1207 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Creamy Formula

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Loving this stuff! I have sensitive, combo skin that is easily irritated and am a Retin-a micro user. The frigid Michigan winter causes my skin to get flaky and red all over and my HG aquaphor wasn't cutting it, so I bought this based upon a friend's recommendation and it's worked wonders. I only use it at night time as the formula is thick and leaves a film-like barrier behind, and the dryness has subsided. No breakouts either, just soft, (dare I say glowing?) skin! Highly recommended and I also use it on my hair as a styling cream, it works great for that also:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by 410humor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very VERY sensitive skin, and use a number of prescription ointments for my acne. My skin is constantly dry, red, and oily, and not many moisturizers can stand the test of time for my face. However, I have been using this moisturizer for months now and I LOVE it! It is incredibly moisturizing, without the harsh sting that many similar, more expensive products seem to have on my face. The best part is that it is incredibly cheap, only 3.99 at my local supermarket! I use it twice a day, in the morning after washing my face and applying prescription medication, and at night after doing the same routine. It is super creamy, and at first seems to sit on the skin, but given 10-15 minutes, will sink into the skin and feel amazingly soft. It can be a pain when I'm in a hurry and can't put on my concealer right away waiting for it to sink in, but it is a small price to pay for a great product. If you have dry, irritable skin, I would highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

My favorite use for this product is as an eye cream. The petrolatum/glycerin combo are very effective at combatting my dry, sensitive under eyes (the only eye m/u remover I can use is baby oil.) My second favorite usage is on my legs. it gives them a nice sheen (notice how movie stars' legs are always kind of shiny?) Sometimes ill add a bit of bronzer/highlighter to it, making it an affordable alternative to most shimmer lotions on the market. I broke my WnW copacabana highlighter accidentally, so I crushed it up for this purpose. The scent is not very distinctive or strong at all, but l like it. Finally, it makes a wonderful overnight lip treatment.

Actually, now that I think of it, there's not much this cream can't do. It's a great buy at only $3 (got mine at dollar general,) and id be surprised if someone couldn't find at least one way to use it. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this name brand and the CVS brand version of creamy petroleum jelly. If you've ever irritated your skin with acne meds or chemical exfoliants, sunburned or had dry skin, this should work amazing! I had all of the above, (AHA, BP, sunburn and dry skin due to Celiac Disease). This is so inert, non-irritating and smells great--not heavy. I use the OCM with 50% castor oil and 50% Neutrogena sesame oil. Then use only a dab of Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced lotion mixed with Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream. Top it off with a pea-sized amount of this creamy skin protectant. I use SPF 25 during the day. I will buy this forever! Healed my skin in 4 days. Excellent primer for MMU.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this moisturizer!! I have very sensitive skin that gets clogged easily and I have redness in my face. My face gets really dry and flaky so easily and this moisturizer is the only thing I use! It never breaks me out (if anything it heals acne) and it keeps me moisturized forever!

I simply put on a small amount of an spf moisturizer and then I put some creamy jelly on my hands and wipe it around then I will pat it on my face and let it sink it. I then follow up with any makeup I feel like wearing for the day and my skin stays soft and moisturized all day. I use this at night as well!

I only wish this came in a smaller 1oz tube as well to use for traveling!!!! Maybe they will someday :)

I <3 vaseline!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow - HG lotion and cream! I have all kinds of stuff around the house and in my car (like Amlactin, Eucerin, Udderly Smooth, Main n' Tail Hoofmaker, various health food store creams...) to combat my dry skin and nothing was working that great. Then I found had an old tube of creamy petroleum jelly (like 10 years old) from the DollarTree and I used some. Poof! I was converted. Suddenly my skin is soft and supple, not greasy. I can not resist using it on my face and around my eyes. I have been using it all over for several weeks and my skin never felt better. I bought more at the DollarTree - they have two versions, one by Personal Care, and the other I guess is generic - it's black and white, dist. by Greenbrier and has a slightly milder scent. Both are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

If you hate body lotions/creams and are too lazy to use them but have awful, scaly dry skin like yours truly, please buy this. It is not the least greasy moisturizer I've ever used - it's just not greasy at all. It's not one of those disappearing moisturizers that evaporates into the air or slowly settles into the skin. It just binds to your skin, the skin eats it up, who knows what is going on here but it is great fun and very effective. It has a consistency slightly softer than regular Vaseline and zero grease factor. My other favorite disappearing-act of a moisturizer is Nivea Soft, but that is much lighter and more "wet" in terms of formula and texture. This Vaseline Deep Moisture cream is thick and rich, making it perfect for the body and hands, although I may be tempted to try this on my face as well. Probably the least inexpensive and effective drugstore moisturizer out there along with Nivea Soft. Buy it. There is just no way I can see anyone going wrong with this. I knew there was reason I'm not into body lotions/creams - it is because this exists and it's all anyone really needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my chapped/cracked hand HG! (This and Aquafor). I find it hard to use during the day, because it stays too greasy to use it at work--however, use it at night and wake up with awesome hands and nails! It DOES give lasting moisturization, too! Awesome stuff! (Am allergic to everything, and this gives NO negative reaction.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lykeomgah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The BEST moisturizer and cheap too! When my skin is so dry it hurts, I can put this on without fear of stinging. Also, it's one of the few products I can use that will actually soothe itchiness from bug bites. I use it on my face (under makeup) daily and at night, and it doesn't break me out. It can get greasy if you apply too much, but if you wipe off the excess with a tissue you should be fine. I've been using the 4.5 oz tube, and after almost 3 months, it's still lasting me! If they ever discontinue this product I'm screwed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like this! I picked up a 4oz tube for only $3 at a local walmart. It's very creamy, moisturizes great, & doesn't smell rancid like some non-scented lotions do. I'd definitely repurchase.