November 27, 2014 | 1171 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by thisisnotapipe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This thing is ah-mazing! I cannot stress how great this is! I usually use it on alternate days and my face feels so great afterwards everytime. Whenever I feel a breakout coming up, I use it everyday and sure enough, it clears out in a couple of days. I've found out that if I leave it on my face for 10 minutes after exfoliating, it works much better for acne. I even use the tea tree scrub for spot treatment. Helps clear out mild blackheads too. My face gets really red if I use any other scrub cause of larger microbeads I guess. But this is just perfect. I don't think it lightens scarring, however. It's quite drying but works just fine if I moisturize afterwards.
P.S: it is a great pick me up for the face too. I use it whenever my face is looking blah and this magic-in-a-tube thingy brightens up me up! Highly recommend it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by zbilxo

I ran out if my St.Ives Apricot Scrub & while at Ulta to purchase a new one, I came across this. I looked it up & the reviews seemed pretty convincing so I went with the Green Tea Scrub instead of the Apricot Scrub. I must say, reviews were right.. So much better the Apricot Scrub. It's way more gentle and lighter on the face, but gives the same effect and same benefits as the Apricot. The smell is delightful, I love it. The particles are super finely milled, how this product feels while rubbing it into the skin is just divine. You feel the product but it's so gentle so it feels really nice. I just started using this, I'll write another review once I've been using for 2-3 weeks. So far love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a confusing product - the instructions on the tube read like it's meant to be used as a rinse off spot treatment? I don't get it.
Cons: Smell is very fruity and strong, I don't care for it.
The salicylic acid is pointless. It's a well know fact that acids in any product that you rinse off almost immediately after application don't offer a benefit. It's just hype.
I found that when using it at the sink, it was very difficult to rinse it cleanly away. Much better luck in the shower, however still a detriment to the product; I don't want to have to shower in order to use it. Getting the beads in your eyes sucks.
Pros: It's cheap. Packaging is perfect. The silica, (exfoliating beads), are plentiful, much more so than the walnut shell beads in the apricot scrub. Although they are very smooth, and at best I would consider this a mild exfoliant. Since I purchased this as an exfoliant versus a cleanser, it's too mild for what I wanted it for.
Overall not a bad product, but I don't care for it as a daily cleanser due to poor rinseability, nor do I like it as a microdermabrasion experience as it's not as abrasive as I like/want.
For those with sensitive skin, perhaps this would be better suited.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraIsabel

Okay so I never write reviews on stuff but this product is so amazing I felt obligated to do so. Let me start off by saying I've had to deal with large pores & black head around my nose/cheeks & on my forehead & kind of around my chin as well. I've struggled with acne as well & while other products were simply just okay this product was phenomenal. I used to use the apricot scrub because my skin was never sensitive & I've been using it for years since my mom used it ever since I was younger. I came across this product at Target picking up more apricot scrub but instead decided to purchase this. Oh my goodness, that was the best decision ever! My skin feels so rejuvenated & bright. My skin isn't red at all like it used to be & my pores are shrinking by tenfolds. I no longer struggle with acne & I don't feel the need to cover my entire face with foundation. I highly recommend this product. Even if you're a fan of the apricot scrub, I promise you that this one is a lot better even if your skin can handle the apricot scrub! I'll definitely be purchasing this for many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Yumi2

This product is great I like way more than St Ives appricot scrub because it's more gentle but equally as effective. I'm someone who gets flaky skin around the nose area occasionally so I found that this was really helpful for that and I like to use this before apply a mask to make my mask extra effective. On a bad skin day using this makes me feel instantly a bit better. Good to use once or twice a week as a pick me. The product lasts for a long time for me since I only use a pea sized amount and focus it around my problem areas like around the nose and under the chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Vanhusk

This is a fantastic product. It's a little gentler than the apricot scrub, so it's perfect for me. I find I only need to use it every other day to remove built up skin cells. I always cleanse first to remove makeup and oils then very gently massage this over my face. With a subtle, fresh scent as well this product leaves my face feeling smooth and vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

This is the best facial scrub I have ever tried. I think what makes this one different from most scrubs in the drugstore is just how fine the microbeads are. It has a much more effective exfoliation, especially compared to scrubs that have larger and more sporadic beads. I think it is even gentle enough to use every day, and the smell is fantastic! I highly recommend this as a high-end quality, drugstore-price face scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by lauwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product in the beginning. Like other reviewers, I got a piece of silica in my eye too. It got stuck under my eyelid. I didn't have to go to the doctor so I'm not sure if I flushed it out or what... I have eczema on my face and when I don't flare up, it does not cause a flare up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by laurenrosebud92

Really great scrub for adult acne and oily skin. I usually have combination skin, but I stopped taking the birth control pill after years of using and switched to a different form...that made my skin become more oily then I was used to and my acne came back. After hearing such great reviews, I thought I would give it a try. Within two days all my existing acne shrunk up and I didn't get any more pimples (until I skipped a day.)

BUT with that being said, I only gave it 4 stars because of my experience with the exfoliating grains in this product. The exfoliates in this are VERY small grains of sand. I read reviews before buying and saw on here more then one person mentioned it getting in their eyes and causing problems, so I was being EXTRA careful. However, I still managed to get one of the grains into my eyes and it became imbedded into my eyelid and caused me a lot of discomfort. I had to go to the eye doctor to have it removed, and it scratched my cornea. USE WITH EXTRA EXTRA CAUTION! Once in your eye, the particles are so small it is impossible to get out on your own.

Overall, the product does what it is suppose to do and is very good at getting rid of acne. But use with extreme caution because you can damage your eyes with this stuff. Best of luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is so great for acne- prone and oily skin! It doesn't irritate my skin and it's gentle enough to use more than once a week (I used it 3 times a week). The smell is nice, too. I thought it was a good exfoliator but I've been using different products recently, so I have no need to repurchase it. Overall, I recommend it for problematic skin!