September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Water Light daily face sunscreen spf 60

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by chowyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this product!

I have combination skin, but my skin is VERY prone to acne. When I was undergoing a bout of cystic acnes, my dermatologist recommended this sunscreen to me- and I never looked back.

The formula is extremely light and runny, and it does not make me break out at all. This in itself is fantastic for me, because I have gone through other sunscreens and had to throw them away because they broke me out. This is perfect: i've been using it for about two years now, and I keep repurchasing!

Don't think it works as a primer though, but definitely light enough to be layered under foundation. Haven't tried this though!

The product comes in a relatively small bottle (30ml), which is one of my biggest complaints about it. It's small, and good for travel, but relatively expensive for the price. It lasts me about two to three months with daily use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ef604

After using this ONCE, I broke out in small pimples all over my face. Spent my whole vacation trying to heal my face. Not ok. Obviously will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This comes in a small bottle that you need to shake before using. I had hoped it would be a (reasonable) dupe for the Sofina or Clarins' sunscreens that are packaged the same, but it is not. It goes on like a milky liquid, spreads well, does not contain alcohol and leaves no white cast. Unfortunately, this leaves a very greasy finish behind, and I got colour when wearing this sunscreen. I also have hesitation about the lengthy, very "chemical-ly" ingredient list.
Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sertasheeplover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! The product is very milky in texture not thick and heavy. It glides onto the skin and soaks in. Its not tacky nor does it cast my skin white. My skin borders on dry and this does not dry me.
My skin is not acne prone so I can't say whether this is breakout potential. Its just awesome. High spf, provides a nice matte base for makeup application, and keeps my porcelain skin white and beautiful. Its a tad pricey for drugstoren but my face is worth it. And for the benefits, and how long It lasts....ill shell it out anyday. HG facial sunblock. I recommend this to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I have acne prone skin and a lot of sunscreens make me break out - even mineral ones like zinc oxide.

I've found Neutrogena products in general really suit my skin.

Plus points:
-applies easily
-acts almost like a primer for make-up...this sunscreen is meant to be worn under make-up (says so on the packaging) - and actually helps make-up go on better
-very high spf
-doesn't break me out

One thing I do is I NEVER apply this directly to my bare skin. First I apply my moisturiser (Neutrogena oil-free) and THEN I apply this....I think the moisturiser acts as a barrier and prevents any potential break outs...However, I've never tried this without the moisturiser, so it may not break out when applied to my bare skin...I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After just using it ONCE on a sunny, humid afternoon, it gave me a pimple on the forehead. Thank God nowhere else and I can easily cover up the zit with my bang. I hardly ever break out, so never again will this touch my face

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This chemical sunscreen has a milky, fluid consistency, leaves no white cast, and has a satiny finish on the skin.

It does not dry my face nor feel greasy, though it does sting upon initial application (all chemical sunscreens do for me.) However, it feels fine after a few seconds, and my makeup applies easily over top.

This will be my daily summer sunscreen under makeup. I dislike the cap on the squeeze tube, since it is hard to put back on while you're balancing the little puddle of liquid in the palm of your hand, but the packaging is otherwise fine, if a bit on the small side.

I wish it didn't sting, but I will likely purchase this again for the higher SPF rating and the pleasant finish.

ETA: Took a lippie off because it does not work well if you're going to be doing heavy physical stuff and sweating a lot. It runs off, gets in your mouth and eyes, and that is gross. On a regular day, it's fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by juicyasfcuk

picked this up at a sales event for 6 bucks i thought it'll be a great sunscreen to wear under my makeup but when i opened it i hated the little nozzle that dispenses it and the feeling of it when i rubbed it on my skin it felt like i was rubbing dirt off like a gommage it just started to rub off like crazy maybe i rubbed it in too much or something or i got a bad batch but it just felt gross never purchasing it again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

CONS: this did not make the mark in terms of sunscreens that actually protect the skin from UVA and UVB (according to Environmental Working Group's 2010 Sunscreen guide: http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/ ). Expensive for a very small bottle. I think I paid about $13 CDN b4 taxes for 40ml).
PROS: very light milky lotion consistency, works well under makeup as base, hugs the skin when it dries, does not turn into little flakes when foundation is applied on top.

I will not be buying again since it doesn't actually protect the skin from UV rays. Instead, I will opt for Kinesys, and since it comes in the form of a liquid spray it would be much better as a makeup base for use under foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

I think this is the Canadian version of Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70. The bottle is exactly the same.
I have finished a bottle and I just bought my second. This is the best sunscreen I have tried ever. I usually dont purchase the same product again so this really doesnt have a substitute. It's everything I want, doesnt ball up under my foundation, no white cast, non greasy or shiny and just so light. The consistency is very watery I sometimes dont like that because it would be easier to manage it if it was a bit more thick. That's just me though, maybe it has to be that way so it doesnt feel like you've got a thick cream on your face. I know some commented that it is so little for the price but the bottle lasted me 4 months of every day liberal use, so it's not too bad at all.