November 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Mango Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a HUGE tinted lip balm junkie. I have tried all sorts of tinted lip balms, both drugstore and high-end. I had heard a lot about the korres lip butter and was looking for a orangey/coral toned colour, and so I picked up the mango lip butter. I really, really, reaaaally wanted to love this, but it just didn't quite cut it when compared to others that I have tried.

PROS:
- smells delicious (no real taste)
- beautiful colour (on my lips - sheer orangey tone)
- can be used on cheeks (though I like to set with translucent powder to get rid of stickiness)

CONS:
- not the most moisturizing (lips still feel dry-ish sometimes, sometimes flaky)
- poor packaging (dropped once, lid cracked open)

While this isn't a horrible product, I need a lot of moisture on my lips and expect more from a $16CAD lip balm. I will continue to use up the pot, but wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I do love the color of this lip butter on my lips...it's a corally red. I do think the scent is quite yummy, and I love the sheer glossy finish it gives.

Cons that make me not want to purchase this product: 1) Despite it having no SPF (which my lips are sensitive to) the lip balm makes my lips look worse than it was before. It may have to do with the fragrance on the lip butter...I heard fragrances on lip balms can make lips peel? After two years of having it and after accidentally leaving it in my car...I found that it strangely doesn't make my lips peel any more. Maybe none of those reasons have anything to do with why my lips are no longer sensitive to the lip butter...but nevertheless I'm having a hard time finishing this up since for a while it peeled my lips. 2) I do find it inconvenient that I need to scoop the product up with my finger. Also I put this lip butter inside my beach bag and though the lid was closed tight some of the sand got stuck between the lid and the pot (there's a tiny gap between)...so I'm afraid to use it once again since i don't want to apply dirty sand to my lips. Not only is sand stuck in there but it generally has gotten dirty over the two years I've had it. This may not happen to general people but what I'm generally trying to say is the packaging could be much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my first pot was the pomegranate and ive been wanting the mango for a long time. just got it and its fabulous against my tan, NC42 skin and pigmented lips! a true peachy color. will always keep this in rotation! has a wonderful peachy fragrance too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by gleam

I was a bit scared of the color at first - I thought it might be too orange. But it looks very natural on my lips and gives just the right pop of color. Will especially be nice for spring/summer - will look lovely with bronzed skin.
Hope they'll never discontinue!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

What an amazing product! Love the orange-coral shade that I've yet to see in other brands. I have never been disappointed by tinted lip balms but have never been amazed by any either. That all changed when I came across this product. I have gone an re-bought this and loved it just as much. Has a sweet and fresh scent that reminds you of summer parties. I usually use it under a sheer coral lipstick and it brings out the colour beautifully!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lipgloss09junkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This color is AMAZING!!! This is how I want my lips to look all the time. It's a peachy orange and looks very natural. It looks good on every skin tone from pales, yellows, browns, to dark. I have made my siblings and friends try it and it always looks amazing on every single one of them. It enhances their natural lip colour no matter whether you have pigmented lips or not. It's a lovley balm too it's quite moisturizing. It does not stay on long perhaps an hour? But it's a balm and it's expected. I just have one wish: It had SPF. SPF is huge for me I really need it so now I can only wear this balm in the house and I try to achieve the beautiufl color by using orangey peachy stains which kind of work but never end up looking as beautiful as this one. If anyone happens to know of a peachy like stain or a gloss with spf LET ME KNOW :D. lol, thanks. Anyways, try this lipbalm if you don't mind SPF and if it's in a pot. I like it being in a pot although I do understand the unsanitory and inconveniant usage of this but because when you use your finger to apply anything on your lips it always ends up looking more natural than using a tube's end or a brush to apply it so I don't mind it. Plus you can control the amount you use. I have already purchased a second tub of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am up in the air about this one. I really hate the packaging, I don't want to stick my fingers into the product unnecessarily. The product itself is okay, nothing special. The colour payoff is quite good for a balm type product. I don't see a benefit in using this over the mango butter lipstick, I much prefer the texture and colour of the lipsticks to this balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very light hydrating lip balm. The packaging could be better; I'm not a fan of pots due to the room it takes up in my purse, plus ease of use. It's not the most moisturizing, but is better than some others I've tried. It also does not last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this product, it healed my dry, chapped lips in a day. I am a bit of Lip balm addict and have tried almost every brand available. Now I am not too mad about the fragrance, but love the results. A small jar bought for 7.50 will last me for at least 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by countess77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Quite nice lip butter with lots of pigment in a see-through formula. Tastes good, my husband likes it! I will not re-buy however, because I look better in berry-shades, since I have a "cold" skin type color.