February 27, 2015 | 1215 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Heather Silk

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2015 9:50:00 AM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hate to go against the majority of reviews here, but I feel that my thoughts and opinions are worth mentioning.

First off, let it be known that I am (my skin) in general sensitive to various formulas and scents and makeup. That said, this is very uncomfortable for me to wear. I found myself wanting to rub or "itch" my face several times when I wore this. I could not wait to get home and remove it.

Second, while as many have said, the pigmentation is great, it is a blush you have to "work with" to get it to look right. I donot mind layering and building, but to me this blush is hard to get it to look "right". Oftentimes I would end up looking like a clown and it was kind of hard ot remove to lighten it up. Played around with it a bit because of the hype, but in the end, to me the hassle was not worth it, and the sensitivity to the product was not worth it.

That all said, if you are willing to work with it and the product does not have any irritations for you (I did not break out or anything, I am glad of that, but still it "bothered" my skin and felt uncomfortable). go for it! I did not find much of a scent, which I was glad, as many of these "cheaper" products often seem to have a heavy or weird scent. The packaging also is cheap, but for the $3.00 or whatever this retails for, I guess you can't complain.

To me this is something great for someone just getting into makeup or someone who has to or likes to be be frugal and has no sensitivities.

Oh there is also a good bit of fallout and it can be chalky and very powdery-looking. Just to me, it is too messy to "work with"...if I was younger, I might not mind but again, the skin sensitivity. If I was new to makeup or on a budget I would sadly have to keep looking.

I am just at a point in my life that I want a blush that is easy to apply, not messy or chalky and does not irritate my skin.

Would I re-purchase? No... Would I recommend? Maybe to someone new to makeup or budget-conscious , with the subtle alert that it did bother my skin and it can be messy. I would have given it one-star/one lippie, but it does have potential for other people (obviously). Just for me, it was a bust!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 4:30:00 AM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 12:48:00 AM More reviews by rubianoalanis

Looks beautiful on medium/tanned skin. Super pigmented, and last all day long.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:13:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging sucks and this is the main reason why I will not buy this again. The color is very pretty and pigmented but if you drop this on the floor, It will shatter and blush will go all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive bought everything from tarte to lancome and I gota say although the packaging is aweful,this blush is beautiful.Pigmented and lasts all day!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Very pigmented.
Will last forever.
Too bright for my taste and I wasn't too thrilled with the shade.
I like more rose tone or natural looking colors.
This is a great product though especially if this color is up your alley.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaSunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these blushes! I have 3/4 of them (don't have Berry Shimmer but I am planning on changing that soon). They're only $2.99, sometimes less, sometimes bogo half off, and are seriously the most pigmented blushes I've ever used, even compared to high end. Bonus, they all show up on my deep tan skin (true match w7). Love this true matte pink shade, definitely my fave pinky blush for pretty rosy cheeks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this bold, bright color. I love how pigmented it is for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by lushbylaura

I always read other reviews before purchasing any products to stay on the safe side. After purchasing the Wet 'n' Wild Coloricon Blush in the colour "Heather Silk" yesterday, I must say that it is exactly like what everyone else has been saying.

1) Excellent pigmentation, especially for its price (so I advise you tap or blow excess of your blush brush before applying it to the cheeks).

2) A good budget cool toned pink blush - most budget pink blushes in Beauty Supply stores in Thailand such as Boots and Watsons are more warm toned.

3) Decent blendability but not the most blendable blush I have - like I said, best use it sparingly and build it up.

4) Packaging not impressive and there were some flakes of blush powder on the plastic wrapping the given blush brush.

5) I haven't used the given blush brush as I only ever use these for emergencies but it seems like something more suitable for contouring than applying smooth blush to the cheeks.

It is overall a good product for its price, you can't go wrong with trying it out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Mrsras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful cool toned mauve-pink which works wonderfully on my olive skin. No shimmer in this one at all. Makes me feel very feminine when wearing it. Perfectly compliments my plum and orchid colored lipsticks. Very pigmented. Use a light hand when applying. Creamy and blendable. I find myself reaching for this often and the price is simple unbeatable. No reason not to treat yourself!