Bourjois Effet Smoky

4.4

Water, Hamamelis Virginiana, Glycerin, 1,3 Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide - 3, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Dipeptide-2, Phenoxythanol, Steareth-20, Chrysin, Xanthan Gum, Squalane, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate.

I'm so confused... I did a LOT of research on the type of eyeliner I wanted (smokeable/smudgeable, but with staying power; dark brown; available in the country I currently live in). Reading these reviews, I thought I couldn't go wrong. But this was a seriously disappointing product! I love Bourjois' serum foundation. But this was a total miss. It never seems to really set, and I have been amazed by how badly it creases. I wasn't expecting a perfect product, but I was expecting something better than this. The brush, as everyone states, is indeed a nice touch, and probably the only redeemable aspect of this liner. I will continue to use only until I can find a better replacement, and will keep layering tons of eyeshadow on to make some degree of pigment actually STAY (though it will still crease like mad, even with primer.) Also, it is not as matte as it seems; there's more shimmer than I anticipated.

Such a bummer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have this in 71 smoked brown and it's a beautiful dark brown. i like that this comes with a smudge brush and the eyeliner pencil is surprisingly very easy to smudge. i have no complaints about this pencil. i love it and im repurchasing for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok, how to begin... First off, this is THE pencil, the soft, opaque, blendable pencil that I was always dreaming of finding. An eye pencil with an eyeshadowy texture that's easy to blend and smudge when you want to. I have a weakness on bourjois because it's much more ahead than other brands. But this pencil has to be my absolute favourite product of theirs! For those of you who like to wear pencil in the waterline, this may not be for you as it was not really made for definition there. It's made for smoking it out and spreading it so that it gives that hazy finish.
It is so pigmented and so easy to blend, so much better than any high end pencil I have tried and I have tried loads (YSL, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clarins, Lancome and the list goes on). What makes this one special is the fact that it's not waxy at all, it has a rather powdery texture which is what I've always been looking for in a pencil, a nice soft powdery texture and finish. It doesn't feel like a dyed wax that was put in a pencil for eyeliner. In short, the bourjois effect smoky eyes pencil is an eyeshadow in a pencil form, that's how it feels and looks like, not waxy at all. The smoked brown colour is the best by the way! I BOW TO IT!

Please Bourjois, keep this product in your permanent line! Never deprive us the effect smoky eye pencil, it's an eyeliner joy!

Eyes: Violet

Nice stuff,very powder like texture. Have used this in all colours. But the bomb is the brush!!!!!!! Only recently I discovered that this brush is the best brush ever for gel eyeliner!!!!
I stocked up :-))))

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

HOLY GRAIL. SMOOTH AS BUTTAH.
I absolutely love this eyeliner. Gone are the days of dragging a seemingly sandpaper based pencil of DEATH across my eye. I own all the shades but I find myself mostly reaching for the black for everyday use. The price is relatively cheap for what I'd call a rival of Urban Decay's Glide On. The pencil comes equipped with a little brush at the opposite end for smudging and I've never had a problem with the brush firming up - it's pretty effective for a smoky eye. The only thing I'd change about this product is its staying power. It does tend to run a little bit but that might be my overly wet waterline and can be easily placated with a little primer :)

I got this in 3 shades purple , black & brown
the color is very nice ,but it doesn't stay more than 2 hours I don't think i'll buy it again

Excellent eye-liner. I have this in black. It's long-lasting, well-pigmented and has a good creamy texture which means you don't need to press hard at all when using it. I just use it as a liner without smudging it, so I don't use the brush part.

this eye liner is really pigmented, the brush is really useful too, really creamy, easy to smudge as the name, how ever I don't recommend to use it as an 'eye liner' for people who have oily lid, because it's easily smudge..

I use this eyeliner under my eye rather than on my lid, I have the colour Sparkling Mocha, which is a lovely chocolate shimmer brown, its stays on all day and I like the fact that it has a little brush for blending on the end.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in brown and I love the colour. Its more of a bronze than a brown and looks beautiful on my tan skin. Most brown liners fail to show up well or just look to muddy on my skin but this one's just awesome. Its soft and creamy too so there's no tugging on my skin. I don't smudge it with the brush, just wear it as a liner and it lasts quite well without smudging. I even use it on my waterline and it hasn't strayed. Will surely repurchase this as well as other colours in this line.