December 18, 2014 | 1613 users online

Eyeliner - Bourjois - Effet Smoky

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Nice stuff,very powder like texture. Have used this in all colours. But the bomb is the brush!!!!!!! Only recently I discovered that this brush is the best brush ever for gel eyeliner!!!!
I stocked up :-))))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by strawbetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL. SMOOTH AS BUTTAH.
I absolutely love this eyeliner. Gone are the days of dragging a seemingly sandpaper based pencil of DEATH across my eye. I own all the shades but I find myself mostly reaching for the black for everyday use. The price is relatively cheap for what I'd call a rival of Urban Decay's Glide On. The pencil comes equipped with a little brush at the opposite end for smudging and I've never had a problem with the brush firming up - it's pretty effective for a smoky eye. The only thing I'd change about this product is its staying power. It does tend to run a little bit but that might be my overly wet waterline and can be easily placated with a little primer :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by zynab

I got this in 3 shades purple , black & brown
the color is very nice ,but it doesn't stay more than 2 hours I don't think i'll buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent eye-liner. I have this in black. It's long-lasting, well-pigmented and has a good creamy texture which means you don't need to press hard at all when using it. I just use it as a liner without smudging it, so I don't use the brush part.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by clarissaaa

this eye liner is really pigmented, the brush is really useful too, really creamy, easy to smudge as the name, how ever I don't recommend to use it as an 'eye liner' for people who have oily lid, because it's easily smudge..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by coocheecoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this eyeliner under my eye rather than on my lid, I have the colour Sparkling Mocha, which is a lovely chocolate shimmer brown, its stays on all day and I like the fact that it has a little brush for blending on the end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this in brown and I love the colour. Its more of a bronze than a brown and looks beautiful on my tan skin. Most brown liners fail to show up well or just look to muddy on my skin but this one's just awesome. Its soft and creamy too so there's no tugging on my skin. I don't smudge it with the brush, just wear it as a liner and it lasts quite well without smudging. I even use it on my waterline and it hasn't strayed. Will surely repurchase this as well as other colours in this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by stls

I love these! I have

#71 Smoked brown (medium/ dark slightly shimmery brown- the shimmer doesn't show up when applied though)

#72 Dark purple (mostly medium purple IMO)

#73 Deep green (medium/dark teal on me)
I mostly use it smudged on the lower lash line and on the waterline with brown/ taupe/ purple eyeshadows on the lid

#77 Sand rose (light/medium greyish pink)
Particularly good on the waterline with purple smokey eyes for soft brightening effect and wider- looking eyes and smudged around the eyes for a romantic and feminine daytime look.

Pros:
Smooth application- no tugging
Great effect when smudged
Usable brush on the edge
Beautiful colors
Cheap

Cons:
Tip breaks veeery easily
They don't last very long before fading

Would I buy again?
Yes, but only the last two colors (they are pretty unique) or a new shade but not the first two (the brown is nothing special and the purple could be more pigmented IMO)

Bottom line: Bourjois effet smoky are possibly the smoothest drugstore eyeliners I have found till now- try them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this twice now and i do like although i do prefer my Stilla one. I find that its very pigmented which is what i wanted but the only problem i have with this is the fact that it does not stay in place and starts to move under my eyes not good as i already have dark circles severe dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have one in 'Intense Black' (matte). It glides on very easily, but can smudge near the outer corner of my eye (however, I don't consider that a big deal since that is the case with many pencil liners I have tried). The pencil is very creamy, smooth and best used for intentional smudging (for smoky eyes). The formula/consistency reminds me a little of the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils, but the Bourjois pencil is slightly harder. Comes with a brush applicator at the other end (not sponge-tip) which I found to be useless because it doesn't smudge the liner very well. Not good for top lash-line because they smudged on me unless I used a primer underneath. Overall, a cheaper alternative if you want something similar to the 24/7 glide-on pencils.