Bourjois Effet Smoky

4.4

Water, Hamamelis Virginiana, Glycerin, 1,3 Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide - 3, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Dipeptide-2, Phenoxythanol, Steareth-20, Chrysin, Xanthan Gum, Squalane, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 8/26/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok, how to begin... First off, this is THE pencil, the soft, opaque, blendable pencil that I was always dreaming of finding. An eye pencil with an eyeshadowy texture that's easy to blend and smudge when you want to. I have a weakness on bourjois because it's much more ahead than other brands. But this pencil has to be my absolute favourite product of theirs! For those of you who like to wear pencil in the waterline, this may not be for you as it was not really made for definition there. It's made for smoking it out and spreading it so that it gives that hazy finish.
It is so pigmented and so easy to blend, so much better than any high end pencil I have tried and I have tried loads (YSL, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clarins, Lancome and the list goes on). What makes this one special is the fact that it's not waxy at all, it has a rather powdery texture which is what I've always been looking for in a pencil, a nice soft powdery texture and finish. It doesn't feel like a dyed wax that was put in a pencil for eyeliner. In short, the bourjois effect smoky eyes pencil is an eyeshadow in a pencil form, that's how it feels and looks like, not waxy at all. The smoked brown colour is the best by the way! I BOW TO IT!

Please Bourjois, keep this product in your permanent line! Never deprive us the effect smoky eye pencil, it's an eyeliner joy!

on 11/10/2014 5:18:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Nice stuff,very powder like texture. Have used this in all colours. But the bomb is the brush!!!!!!! Only recently I discovered that this brush is the best brush ever for gel eyeliner!!!!
I stocked up :-))))

on 3/8/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

HOLY GRAIL. SMOOTH AS BUTTAH.
I absolutely love this eyeliner. Gone are the days of dragging a seemingly sandpaper based pencil of DEATH across my eye. I own all the shades but I find myself mostly reaching for the black for everyday use. The price is relatively cheap for what I'd call a rival of Urban Decay's Glide On. The pencil comes equipped with a little brush at the opposite end for smudging and I've never had a problem with the brush firming up - it's pretty effective for a smoky eye. The only thing I'd change about this product is its staying power. It does tend to run a little bit but that might be my overly wet waterline and can be easily placated with a little primer :)

on 2/2/2013 12:07:00 PM

I got this in 3 shades purple , black & brown
the color is very nice ,but it doesn't stay more than 2 hours I don't think i'll buy it again

on 12/27/2012 9:28:00 AM

Excellent eye-liner. I have this in black. It's long-lasting, well-pigmented and has a good creamy texture which means you don't need to press hard at all when using it. I just use it as a liner without smudging it, so I don't use the brush part.

on 10/19/2012 7:54:00 AM

this eye liner is really pigmented, the brush is really useful too, really creamy, easy to smudge as the name, how ever I don't recommend to use it as an 'eye liner' for people who have oily lid, because it's easily smudge..

on 10/18/2012 9:23:00 AM

I use this eyeliner under my eye rather than on my lid, I have the colour Sparkling Mocha, which is a lovely chocolate shimmer brown, its stays on all day and I like the fact that it has a little brush for blending on the end.

on 7/30/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in brown and I love the colour. Its more of a bronze than a brown and looks beautiful on my tan skin. Most brown liners fail to show up well or just look to muddy on my skin but this one's just awesome. Its soft and creamy too so there's no tugging on my skin. I don't smudge it with the brush, just wear it as a liner and it lasts quite well without smudging. I even use it on my waterline and it hasn't strayed. Will surely repurchase this as well as other colours in this line.

on 2/18/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love these! I have

#71 Smoked brown (medium/ dark slightly shimmery brown- the shimmer doesn't show up when applied though)

#72 Dark purple (mostly medium purple IMO)

#73 Deep green (medium/dark teal on me)
I mostly use it smudged on the lower lash line and on the waterline with brown/ taupe/ purple eyeshadows on the lid

#77 Sand rose (light/medium greyish pink)
Particularly good on the waterline with purple smokey eyes for soft brightening effect and wider- looking eyes and smudged around the eyes for a romantic and feminine daytime look.

Pros:
Smooth application- no tugging
Great effect when smudged
Usable brush on the edge
Beautiful colors
Cheap

Cons:
Tip breaks veeery easily
They don't last very long before fading

Would I buy again?
Yes, but only the last two colors (they are pretty unique) or a new shade but not the first two (the brown is nothing special and the purple could be more pigmented IMO)

Bottom line: Bourjois effet smoky are possibly the smoothest drugstore eyeliners I have found till now- try them!

on 9/22/2011 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this twice now and i do like although i do prefer my Stilla one. I find that its very pigmented which is what i wanted but the only problem i have with this is the fact that it does not stay in place and starts to move under my eyes not good as i already have dark circles severe dark circles.

Top Rated Bourjois Products