October 1, 2014 | 1959 users online

Treatments (Face) - Chantecaille - Nano Gold Firming Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was pretty useless. I got a sample of this and I was rather disappointed. It moisturizes lightly and leaves little gold sparkles on your face (not skincare!) and broke me out. Not much more to say, really...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just cannot understand why we lovelies enjoy throwing away THIS much money on a moisturizer! It does absolutely nothing I mean NOTHING else that a cheap olay night cream wouldn't do. So yes it SPARKLES with GOLD oh MY, no change in skin texture, no wrinkle reducing qualities, nada so what a waste of money for me. No way ever never will this kind of splurge take place again, 2014 year of the budget whoo hoo, this conviced me I *really* need to get a handle on my products this year! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this for herself but she had an allergic reaction to it so she gave it to me. I really enjoy it. I use this as a night cream. It's great! Expensive but I think it's worth it. It doesn't feel too heavy, not heavily scented which I like, nor does it break out. I don't know about the firming claims since I'm still too young to really need it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have several deluxe samples of this (five or six tubes of the 8ml) and I enjoy this cream a lot. It is gentle and hasn't made me break out. I have sensitive skin and had no tightness or redness using this. It is a little heavy, which is fine because it is winter here.
There is some iridescence to this cream so if you put it on without anything else, there is obvious "shimmer"- when I just have this on I usually put some powder on top.

The price is justifiably a big deterrent. I think this is a nice cream, I'm not fully convinced it is worth the price tag, but I wouldn't kick some more samples out of bed. If money is no object for you, this is worth a try, and if you decide to splurge you shouldn't be disappointed. There appears to have been a GWP this fall with this and the nano cream (of which i sadly only have one sample) so there should be some sample tubes floating around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried as small sample of Chantecaille Nano Gold Firming Treatment and I just love it. I can see why anyone in the 19 - 24 year old age range wouldn't, it's so clearly meant for more mature skin. It's also ideal for drier skin, even if one is younger.
Nano Gold is a very thick, rich but not greasy nourishing cream which takes advantage of plant stem cell technology. It's ideal for sensitive skin (like those of us who use Retin-a), nocomedogenic, all natural ingredients. It contains peptidic cell messengers that stimulate the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. Collagen natually plumps up the skin and hyaluronic acid retains skins own natural moisture.
Nano gold leaves my skin looking smooth, fresh, youthful and dewey. I have received many complements after using this product as my moisurizer with just a light cover of Lorac NP1 and the barest of blush over same.
If you can afford the $295 for 1.7 ounces of this product (Neiman Marcus) I highly recommend this product. It's far superior to other facial moisturizers that I've tried in similiar price ranges including Chanel's Sublimage Essential Regenerating Cream Texture UniverSelle. And the only reason that I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 is that I did not feel that I had used it long enough to be able to see if I felt that it was truely "firming". But I do feel that it is, bar none, one of the best facial moisturizers out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't waste your hard earned money on this stuff (well if you are rich and can throw it away, do it).
i mean , it's not bad. But for almost 300 Euros it's not worth... get a facial or a filler for that money!!!!
This treatment is a rich emulsion that may work for drier skins or in winter. I tried it myself on my cheeks and eye area only (as my t-zone is unapprocheable by such a greasy cream) and it was ok-ish but felt very greasy and... heavy, cloying.
Did not notice anything good to my skin. To me, it is just a greasy, overpriced cream.
I had to wash away my face every time I applied this.
Of course I never buy before sampling and now that my sample is over... (it was good for my hands, though) you guess it? i'll never buy this stuff. So should do you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Holly1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is beautiful. I hated myself for spending this kind of cash on a glamorized moisturizer, but it has been worth every penny. I got my husband using it too (smart, since he pays for it!) and he loves it as well.

I'm not sure what Chante is using in their products but they are divine. Not too oily, one pump is exactly enough, definately a luxury item. As my other posts indicate, I'm a retin-a user and this product seems to add just enough moisture to my skin without burning, a problem we retin-A users seem to have with just about everything.

I can't promise this product would be worth it alone, but combined with Retin-A, it is fantastic. I have other Chante skin care and adore most of it as well.

If you are looking for a heavy moisturizer, this is not for you. You may want to try the Nano Gold Cream instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by purblu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To me it had odd smell, not bad - not good. It felt like a chalky paste going on and left odd lingering feeling. Tried a few different techniques for applying; the Chantecaille rep said to warm it up in palm of hand then apply - nope, didn't help for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Darn. I might have to splurge and buy this product after my deluxe free samples are gone. I have been using this firming treatment for about a week now--just once a day, at night, over my Vital Essence with arbutin--and over the past two days two different friends (both men) have randomly blurted out that I have great skin. Since men notice NOTHING unless it's completely obvious, I am impressed. I do notice a difference, myself: my skin seems to be smoother and glowier, and all my little imperfections (bumps, pores, blemishes, little lines, sagginess) are much less noticeable. People have never told me that I have good skin, not even when I was younger, so this is a nice change. I think this may be the cumulative effect of switching to Chantecaille facial care and makeup products over the past two months or so--I have truly found my HG line. So, here is my routine (all Chante):

Morning: wash with flower cleansing fluid; spray two pumps of rosewater; two pumps of biodynamic oil-free fluid on my face and eyes; stress repair concentrate around my eyes.

Makeup: biodynamic concealer in Ivory, Just Skin in Bliss, Capri bronzer, Les Dauphins palette for eyes and cheeks, Lip Chic. Set with a spritz of Rosewater. Curl eyelashes and apply mascara.

Night: remove eye makeup with Rose remover; wash with rice and geranium foaming cleanser; spritz with Rosewater; 2 pumps of Vital Essence with arbutin; smidge of nano gold eye treatment; a bit of nano gold firming treatment for the rest of my face (you don't need a lot). If I want an extra boost, I'll use the nano gold energizing cream, instead, or the flower harmonizing cream.

1-2x / week: Fruit and Flower Acids Mask on face and pure coconut oil on hair for 1/2 hour before I shower.

I look years younger--us natural blonds can really look haggard before our time, you know, and this routine has literally reversed my premature aging.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No