November 27, 2014 | 1431 users online

Polishes - OPI - Rumples Wiggin

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CatG68

I LOVED this when I bought it. The perfect pastel purple. But now my bottle seems like it changed colour? It used to be that amazing pastel purple... Now I put it on and it's like the purple faded to this weird almost white colour. What the hell???

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by toohautetohandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will preface this by saying that of all beauty products, nail polish is my biggest interest/vice. I own more nail polishes than any other beauty product (almost as much as all my other beauty products combined). I anticipate the release of nail polish collections more than most eyeshadow palettes. I notice the tiniest differences in shades.

So when I started the hunt for a cool-toned pastel purple, I looked at and rejected lots along the way. Essie's Lilacism was a little too blue-toned. So was OPI's You're Such A Budapest. So was China Glaze's Agent Lavender. OPI's Do You Lilac It felt more lavender than lilac to me. OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender was much too pink-toned. OPI Done Out In Deco was too warm-toned. Essie St. Lucia Lilac was too greyish. Essie Nice Is Nice was close, but a bit too pale and pink-toned. China Glaze Light As Air was also close, but a bit too pale and greyish. I could go on, but I'll spare you.

Finally, I found OPI's Rumple's Wiggin. The perfect, cool-toned-but-not-too-blue-toned, pastel-but-not-too-sweet, pale-but-not-sheer, opaque-but-not-chalky, lilac. AH I LOVE IT. It is PERFECT.

Of the dozens and dozens of polishes I have, this remains one of my favorites, as well as one of my most-complimented shades. Because I have so many, I like to switch it up and not wear the same one too often, but this is one I find myself coming back to a lot.

Everyone else seems to love this shade as well. I get compliments from everyone from my girlfriends to their mothers to my boss to my father to random people at stores. It's just a very versatile shade that everyone seems to respond to, and that wears well on everyone. I can't imagine a skin tone this wouldn't be flattering on, or an age at which this wouldn't be age appropriate.

Definitely one of my top 5 polishes. Because I have so many shades and there are so many more out there, I don't often repurchase the same polish. But I have and will repurchase this every time I start to run out. Totally recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Not a winner for me. This lavender creme polish looked so pretty in the bottle but it didn't quite translate to the nail. Rumples Wiggin' is from OPI's Shrek collection which included two of my all-time favorite shades (What's with the Cattitude and Ogre-the-Top Blue), so I had high hopes for this one. But the color just lacked "pop" and looked washed-out on me, especially indoors. I had the same problem with Butter London's Molly Coddled too. So far, my favorite lavender is definitely Essie's Go Ginza (it's just a tad whiter than this one and looks so much yummier).
Anyway, three lippies for the high quality of application and wear. Great OPI formula, opaque in two coats.
But I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Stunning lavender color for spring and summer. For some reason though, I don't reach for this that often. It's a very bold color so I'm often just not in the mood for it. Would recommend for anyone who likes bold, girly colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has to be my favorite shade from OPI ever! Its my favorite colour and I believe its flattering on my skin tones. I also have gotten a lot of compliments. A good dupe is Essie's Lilacism. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Ebelida

Ah! I have gotten ahold of the lemming! This color has been HTF, and I ended up buying it on eBay. I watched it being sold for over $15 each time, and finally won an auction for less than $10. It was definitely worth the wait! The only color I have close to this is Revlon Scented Nail Enamel in Gumdrop. It applies better than the Revlon, and doesn't make me queasy with the sweet scent. OPI can't be beat for the brush: wide and carries a lot of polish. The formula is thicker than I'm used to, but somehow still applies well as it dries on the slow side. I have yellow-toned fair skin (now tanned from summer), and this color is spectacular!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this nailpolish. It is a light lilac colour that is definitely in the pastel family. It requires 2-3 coats as 1 is just not opaque enough. I love using it on my fingers for spring as it's a perfect pastel colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by SaraP1900

Since this is a Limited Edition polish, it may not be available anymore. As I was looking at the OPI website and it wasn't there :/
Anyway, Rumple's Wiggin is a Lilac Color. I would say 3 coats tops for an opaque color. Although you could probably get away with 2.
I found this on sale at my local Krogers for $3.99!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing lilac color. very unique color that is a very pretty for spring. highly recommended if you can get your hands on it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

Loooooooooooove this colour. Such a girly purple, and I've never seen one before like it. It almost looks like it'd glow in the dark when you have it on. Love how creamy it is too, goes on like a dream.