August 2, 2014 | 1569 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get it. This is loved by so many people - and why? It smells good and the packaging is really cute. The lipbalm - meeh. I tried it for a week and threw it away.

Primer on my lips works better than this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by HeySasha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this lip balm plenty of tries. I wanted to like it so much because of the packaging, SPF and hype it was getting. But it dried out my lips so much that they cracked at the corners and this has never happened to me before, only when using this balm and the Sweet Mint version. It stopped happening when I stopped using it. Maybe an allergic reaction, either way pretty upset this didn't work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got an EOS lip balm several years ago in a different flavor. Melon or something, it was light green. I remember that one working ok but the shape was just too irresistible to my cat and once she got her paws on it I never saw it again. Fast forward a few years. I was in Ulta and saw this in lemon flavor with SPF and since I had a coupon I figured is give it a try. So far I like it pretty well. It smells and tastes nice. The shape makes it easy to find in my huge purse. I like the fact that is has SPF but it's not as moisturizing as some other lip balms I've used. My absolute favorite lip balm doesn't have SPF and it's heavier so I use it at night before bed. This one is nice to keep in my purse and apply during the day. I've seen some other reviews here saying that it's waxy but I haven't found that to be the case. I'd purchase it again, especially if I had another coupon.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the worst lip balm ever- way too waxy to use, expensive for the quality and it dried out my lips. DO NOT BUY IT

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I feel that this is more moisturizing than the other EOS spheres. It's a basic lip balm, nothing as great as Burt's Bees but it does it's job.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by halfnakedlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

hearing all the hype about this product, i finally bought it.
i was a bit disappointed as it does't really moist my lip as expected but i don't find it too waxy as others said. so here's the list of my reasoning;

pros:
- cute packaging (it closed with a click, but gets dirty easily)
- love the lemony smell
- the 100% natural flavours
- contains SPF 15

cons:
- failed to actually moisturise my lips
- a bit pricey
- it doesn't last long on your lips

i won't be buying it again when i've used mine :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought one of these a couple of years ago in Strawberry Sorbet and it was just okay. It didn't really moisturize my lips, it just made them feel waxy and it seems to wear off quickly. Fast-forward to today, where I saw the Lemon Drop balm and I love lemon-scented things, so I decided to try it again.

Big mistake!

I guess they changed the formula, according to the packaging that says "NEW! With more protection", but it's not for the better. The balm is same old waxy, drying quickly, non-moisturizing formula, but now there is an SPF 15 added to it, or at least, to this flavor.

It. Is. HORRIBLE.

At first, there is a nice, light, lemony scent that is pleasant. Then, without licking my lips, after about five minutes, I could taste sunblock. The sunblock flavor completely coated my whole mouth and my tongue. As I write this review, I can still taste sunblock in my mouth. It's horrid.

I am returning this to the store first thing tomorrow. I refuse to throw it away and eat the $3 loss. I will NEVER buy this lip balm again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't use these. They make my lips peel and chap a bit. I bought four diff flavors over time and there's just something in this formula that did it with all of them. So blistex medicated fixed my broken yucky lips there after. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

So far this is my favorite flavor of the EOS Lip Spheres. This does a pretty good job at moisturizing my lips. Nice scent and flavor. Lasts a long time too. I got mine at Ulta. Price isn't bad. I like the packaging. This only isn't moisturizing enough if my lips are in very bad shape.Otherwise I will repurchase Lemon Drop for sure

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, i think it's bad that I even had a dream that I had like a whole rainbow of these just to please my eyes...and that's about it because they suck lol. They are adorable, I got this because in a creepy way it reminded me of a boiled egg yolk thing haha and i HATE EGGS. But also, this had spf ^___^ I live in colorado and as if it weren't dry enough, I have this egg thing reeking havoc on my already crusty lips. I kept desperately trying to reapply hoping it was a fluke...no. It's like this stuff made it worse..I have this sneaking suspicion that any of these balms with delicious saccharin or those sweetening agents actually makes our lips worse, and I don't mean from licking it off, like the actual chemical messes it up! So anyway...as hard as it is to not buy all of them just to look at, I refrain from buying since it failed me. I think when people actually start getting to the bottom of these things (if their lips survive) the packaging cute as it is may cause a lot of product loss, like how are you gonna rub that whole chunk on? Anyway, I'll stick to my Burt's Bees li balm