September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Blush - Shiseido - Luminizing Satin Face Color - PK304 Carnation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Emmamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful blushes love the pink one and peachy pink one I purchased that blend really well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I swapped for this blush and I am so glad that I did! In the pan it looks like a scary bright pink (well scary for me anyway) but when applied it is a soft natural looking pink with neutral to cool tones to it.

The texture is fantastic, soft yet pigmented, sheer but not shimmery. This looks really pretty on and doesn't cling to wet foundation or dry patches of skin. It is buildable but pigmented enough that just one layer shows up on my pale (NC15) skin.

Swatches online don't really match the color in the pan though, on the Shiseido website this color looked less bright pink and more warm toned. I will definitely buy this again and will look into purchasing some of the different colors in this range. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Carnation - PK304 ....... Very important to remember the number because the name is nowhere on the box. This is a beautiful, elegant formula that leaves the most silky and gorgeous finish. Very finely milled. It is a medium warm pink/rosy color, and although it is technically a "matte" blush (it has no shimmer or sparkles), it still somehow creates a lovely luminous effect on the skin. It actually looks like satin ... Glowy and smooth and lit-from-within ..... But with no obvious shimmer or sparkles. Soooooooo pretty. I find this blush nicely pigmented and really a universal color that I imagine would look good on any skintone. I love it and am so glad I purchased it! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Several months ago while at the Shiseido counter, I tried this blush in Carnation PK 304. It was very pigmented and applied like silk. The color was on spot with the photo above. Since I still had Shiseido's blush in Petal, I wanted to hit pan before purchasing this one. When I did finally purchase, the color was much lighter than previously. I believe the formula has changed as it applies way too sheer, has less pigment with a slight shimmer. Looks like a soft wash of color on the face and not a true blush. I also noticed that it was not positioned next to the other blushes on the display bin but next to a highlighter. Sadly, I returned to Nordstrom. This was truly a beautiful blush in its original formula and not this "limited edition."

Pros: Good, quality "sheer" blush, nice packaging and application brush. Elegant compact. Great color for teens or those just beginning to experiment with blush and makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

This shade of blush is a very natural light pink shade with a touch of peach -- I find this shade to be a bit of a chameleon depending on the lighting (in some lights, the blush in the pan looks like a cooler toned pink to me, but then under different lights, it looks peachy-pink). The texture of this blush is very fine and soft, and blends very nicely into the skin. I have NC20-25ish asian skintone and this shows up as a very natural pinky flush on me. I normally prefer very cool shades of pink on my cheeks and I was afraid this would pull too brown/orange, but not the case at all, this was surprisingly a peachy pink shade that seems to work on me. Just as its name implies, it imparts a nice satiny finish on the skin, and at first, I couldn't figure out the luminous part, but as soon as I went out into the sunlight and looked at myself in the mirror of my car, I figured it out -- I noticed this blush is actually very shimmery (super fine particles of luminous shimmer on my cheeks) in direct sunlight. Mind you, none of this shimmer was noticeable under regular indoor lighting, only in direct sunlight did I notice this shimmer and it doesn't bother me at all, since I love a bit of luminous shimmer. A lot of powder blushes disappear off my cheeks within a few hours but not this one -- it lasted throughout a work day! Impressive. I have been wearing this blush daily for most of the week and it has not disappointed me at all. I definitely plan to pick up other shades in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually wait a couple weeks after purchase to review a product, but I'm loving this so much, I must review it, even though I just bought it today. I'll edit if my opinion changes, but I doubt it will.

This is my first HE blush purchase; I did a ton of research before selecting the blush I wanted, because $30 for a blush isn't normally in my budget. The SA at the Shi counter applied some to my face, and it held up through the 45 minute ride home in 95-degree Dallas heat with no air conditioning.

The color is a lovely petal pink - it looks peachier in the pan than it does on my face. It has no shimmer; however, previous reviewers who say that it has a "glow" are correct. The glow is hard to describe, but I've seen it before in other products - MAC Patina eyeshadow is the first product that comes to mind that is similarly shimmer-free, but has that "glow" (obviously very different colors, but the same effect).

The color looks perfect on my NC15-20 yellow-toned skin. I'm not sure if it'd show up on someone with a darker skintone. The opacity is also difficult to describe; the pigmentation is very good, and it applies very smoothly, but it's difficult to over-apply. I piled a ton of it on my face when I got it home - I'd roll in it if I could! - and it still looks beautiful and flattering.

Packaging is lovely, but I'm not a sucker for packaging - IDC what the box looks like, it's the product that counts for me. And this product is pretty darn fabulous. If you're planning a splurge, this is certainly a worthy one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: the packaging is gorgeous. Cons: the color is too muddy for my NC15, yellow-undertoned skin and looks a bit dirty once applied. On me, the shade is almost a brown pink which is really unflattering on skin with strong golden undertones. It's also not very pigmented. Returned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a lovely true pink for a long time... I have tried lots fo different pinks.. the majority from MAC (pinch o peach, mocha, dame, plum foolery), some from NARS (sin, orgasm, douceur) and also other i have picked up (Bobbi Brown, Dior, Smashbox).

This is the best of the lot. The finish is perfect - not shimmery, but not matte - just the right balance so that the colour is not flat or not too shimmery which can highlight oiliness (which i have!).

It is very easy to apply and the colour can be built up easily. I am warm toned (NC35) and whilst this can look a little scary in the pan it comes out a lovely shade of on my olive skin. It gives a lovely fresh pop of pink to my cheeks without looking scary or clownish.

The packaging is just gorgeous - sophisticated, classy and slim. I think is is very expensive but then the quality is what you are paying for. I am hoping this will last me ages!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Vivid, but not too bright or hot, carnation pink that goes on like silk with a satiny finish, Shiseido blush in Carnation is one of my most treasured blushes. It's very pigmented, blends exceptionally well, and lasts all day on me, even in the tropics. What Shiseido lacks in blush shade range it makes up for in versatility. All of the carefully chosen shades would flatter almost anyone. Carnation looks amazing on pale skin, tan skin, warm, cool. It's absolutely lovely and the texture and quality make this a no-brainer. A must have for many collections.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by sierra7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This blush suits my warm-toned skin. It makes my cheekbones stand out and my face look alive. A couple of other reviews note that this is a blush for cool-skinned girls; I suppose it's a matter of wanting a naturalistic flush (cool skin) vs. a brightening pop (warm skin). The packaged brush is superb, soft and precise enough to apply at the top of the cheekbone for that great pop. Throw a mirror in and you've got all you need for touch-ups in one sleek package. These quality extras make the product almost - almost - worth the sticker shock. Why so expensive? It's finely milled, yes, but not any more so than Nars. The between-matte-and-shimmer finish is classy, but not all that unique. I'd buy it again if I lost it, but I'd cry inside.