December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Liquid - 100 Percent Pure - HEALTHY SKIN FOUNDATION WITH SUPER FRUITS SPF 20 (full coverage / satin finish)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by angtornatore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If someone can help me out with this foundation, I would greatly appreciate it. I received it a few days ago, and I really want to like it, but I am having issues. The first time I applied, I used a classic foundation brush with dense bristles. While applying, I noticed it drying very quickly, so blending was very difficult. By the time I did my whole face, I was left with splotchy coverage that made my skin look dry in some areas (I have oily/comination sensitive acne prone skin). Tonight I tried applying with my fingers, small areas at a time, and that seemed to work better; however, I would prefer to apply with a brush. I did love the way this feels on my skin - very light and like I'm not wearing makeup. I assume it would be great for my skin type if I can just get it to apply correctly. Perhaps I need to use a less dense brush like a kabuki. I'm about to read a bunch of reviews and see if anyone has tips, but right now I'm pretty disappointed. Super sad face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

I bought this foundation online without any sampling beforehand. I never do this but I was looking to change to non-toxic options for makeup ever since I got pregnant. I have very acne-prone skin that's combination right now (very oily t-zone, drier jawline and cheeks). I also have sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate fragrances.

PROS: I like that this foundation doesn't have any strong scent and it didn't break me out. It also didn't irritate and it felt light on my skin. It also has decent staying power and you can build coverage.

CONS: I bought this in White Peach (I'm MAC NC25) and it was almost a match, but still a bit light for me. However, I've read other reviews that the next shade up (Peach Bisque) is too dark for even an NC30. The biggest con for me is that it's quite dry on my skin and I had to blend quite quickly because it dried fast. I just wish there were more colour options.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Senoena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh boy, where do i start! I had real high expectations about this foundation, because i looooved the tinted moisturizer!! After two bottles i decided to try the foundation, i was curious if it had better coverage. But, i am so sorry i bought this. It doesnt matter what way i apply the foundation, it always seems build up and accentuate dry places. I tried without moisturizer, with moisturizer, with a serum, apply in small amounts and places. It doesnt give me the smooth finish! And speaking about the finish, it is soooo extremely matt that its almost cakey, not a satin finish at all. So if anyone has the golden tip, pleaseee tell me! Because i can almost say that this was a waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by organic4ever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin that breaks out from every foundation I have tried (And those are lots! Both liquid ones and mineral powder ones, conventional ones and organic ones.... ). I don't have oily skin, more like normal one but I get blemishes very very easy. I have eaten antibiotics for acne several times.

Now to to the fine part. This foundation does not break me out! And can I tell you how insanely glad I am to finally have found this?! Usually I can only wear foundation on special occasions and the day after my skin is not happy, new blemishes on their way. But this foundation I can use every day. My skin does not react with any bad feelings at all, on the contrary. I am in heaven.

The foundation has good coverage. Good staying power I would say. For the moment I do not use primer and this one sits all day until evening. The shade creme is light enough for my pale yellow toned skin. One reviewer thought it oxidized during the day, I do not experience that. Maybe it gets just a tiny bit darker during the day but not much. Organic foundations tend to oxidize sometimes but this one not very much I would say.The colour looks a bit dark out of the bottle but when on skin it gets a really light/pale tone that blends wonderfully. The ingredients are extremely good and organic, feeding your skin.

One thing to note though is that the foundation is a little bit dry. You need to moisturize the skin enough before application. I do not find it being any problem but just want to mention it.

Five stars of course for this pearl among foundations! Pure love for 100% pure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by summertime7

This is my HG foundation! I've been wearing it almost daily for over a year and have yet to find another natural/organic product that compares. I'm currently on my second bottle. This foundation lasts all day, provides unbeatable coverage for all my acne scars and redness, doesn't break me out (I have acne prone skin), and doesn't get shiny by the end of the day. It has a satin/matte finish and you don't feel it once it's on. Unlike other organic foundations I've tried, it doesn't have any smell. The pump despenser works great and makes for easy application. I've found that the best way to apply it is to dot it on my face and then spread it with my fingers. Because it has such great coverage a little goes a long way, one bottle has lasted me almost a year with daily usage.

I'd definitely recommend trying this if you're looking for a natural foundation with great coverage and minimal shine.

For reference, I wear the shade White Peach and have light skin with neutral undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

This is the best "natural" foundation I've used. I've tried both Vapour stick,and liquid founation, Nvey Eco, RMS Uncover, Juice Beauty CC creme, Physicians Formula TM and various mineral powders. The only issue may be finding your color match. I've tried Creme, and White Peach (i'm nc/nw20) and creme is probably the best match for my winter skin. White peach will work in the summer better. I find the finish is more matte than satin. I have normal to dryish skin in the winter. I use a moisturizer underneath and it stays on all day. Glad I found this!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tboorin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is acne-prone, combination but more on the oily side. I've been looking for an organic foundation that is just decent enough to use since I know organic products can't hold as long as synthetic products etc... I ordered cream -the lightest shade, hoping that it would match me. Long story short, by the end of couple of hours it has oxidized and gave an orange tint. Plus, it looks like it can not blend very well on my skin, and doesn't cover as much. *Sighhh I guess I'm still on the hunt of the holy grail organic foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by miumiulove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin type that's a bit more on the dry side, so I like to mix half of this product with half of the 100% Pure tinted moisturizer (since I already owned both.) When I do this, it is not as dry or chalky; but rather it gives a nice dewy finish. In terms of coverage it is light to build able. Of course it would be nice if it had more coverage but it's not a major deal breaker for me since I'm not a fan of heavy foundation for every day use. It covers my redness, evens out my complexion and hyper pigmentation. It does not cover fully acne scars or sunspots or freckles, etc. (You can use concealer for this but I personally don't.) I use the color White Peach and it matched fairly well with my light Asian skin tone. I will say this color has pretty yellowy undertones.

I make sure that my skin is hydrated and moisturized before I put this on (argon oil) and then I use my fingers to tap and blend this into my skin like a creme moisturizer until it is all absorbed fully. I felt this method is what worked best for me rather then using a brush or sponge. I lightly put an all natural powder on top of this for days it is more humid.

The great thing about this product is it did not break me out. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and the reason why I keep going back to this foundation is because of the healthy ingredients. I've tried so many foundations from Sephora and drugstore and it always ends up clogging my pores and making me breakout out with zits weeks and months later. This product doesn't do that and it is a good everyday foundation. I would highly recommend this product for someone who is looking for a somewhat light, every day foundation that is good for super sensitive, acne-prone skintype. If you want a really long-lasting, full coverage foundation and have really good skin and never break out, this will not be for you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Fey84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the pros of this foundation to me are: it is natural, free of chemicals, conceals minor flaws, has mineral sunscreen (zinc oxide, titanium dioxide).
The cons are: doesn't really conceal blemishes/ dark marks, doesn't last throughout the day if you're looking for a long-lasting foundation, color choices are not very good if you are darker than khaki.
Basically, its a good foundation being that it has natural ingredients, which is most important to me. I would use this as an everyday foundation and I will probably stick with it unless i find another natural foundation that better suits my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can see why this got high ratings, but I still think Covergirl 3 in 1 is better for long wear.

First thing to know: this is NOT for dry skin of any kind. This is an extreme matte finish and it dries very quickly upon application. More matte than MUFE Velvet +. Texture is drier than Estee Lauder DL. I would call this foundation a densely concentrated LIQUID POWDER.

Coverage is full, although I had to dab a little more on my darkest scars. The finished look is similar to Covergirl 3 in 1, but because this has a thinner consistency than CG it doesn't get as patchy as CG does around my nose and doesn't suck onto my moisturizer and cake up. However, I noticed that it doesn't hold up well throughout the day as well as CG 3 in 1 (probably because CG contains primer properties). It does also have that unavoidable ugly flatness/grey cast that every ultra-matte foundation has. I would not use this for photos.

So it's not perfect, but pretty impressive for an "all-natural" foundation. I tend to find that cosmetics labeled "all natural" are usually subpar in quality, with zero coverage. This one is an exception.

I am around NC25-30 now and I got this in Peach Bisque, which is a tad too dark for me (more on the NC30-NC35 side IMO). It's very yellow in undertone. Color range is limited.

I normally don't care about packaging, but one gripe is that the pump doesn't have a long tube that extends to the bottom of the canister. It is a short-cut tube, which means you have to store it upside or shake real hard before each use to round up the foundation in the pump.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No