Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/15/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This is a nice pretty everyday palette, *sweet as candy*. It comes with a shimmery peach/pink for the eyelid, a taupe for the crease and white to highlight. Very nice for everyday or if you dont want the typical dark smoky eye.

Update: the staying power sucks tough... i will come home and it will be completely gone on one eye. Get this if you like reapplying your makeup all day

on 2/5/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like alot of people I went to buy Walking on Eggshells and Sweet as Candy caught my eye!! So glad it did too becasue I find myself always reaching for it(by the way I did buy walking on eggshells too) everyday. The eyeshadows are so creamy and go on so easy! At $2.99 you cant go wrong!!

the shades in this trio are beautiful!! they all have a slight sheen/shimmer, and are very pigmented! after a while of using this palette, the brown barely shows up or swatches. I had to scrape some product from the surface to see if it could work farther down in the eyeshadow, which helped a bit but still isn't very highly pigmented. the highlight shade is absolutely gorgeous wherever it is used on the eye!! love the affordable price point as well!

on 11/26/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is an amazing shadow trio for less than $4. The shadows are velvety soft, silky smooth, blendable, buildable, and no fallout. These shadows are housed in a cheap little plastic hinged top case, but it's sturdy enough that when dropped (which I have) it didn't break at all. I do like that the lid is transparent so I can see the shadows inside. With some of my higher end palettes, the cases are solid black and you can't tell what's inside from a glance. This one reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream with the vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry colors. The shades are really pretty and there is an eggshell /vanilla one, a milk chocolate brown, and a medium strawberry milkshake pink shadow. All of them have shimmer but it's very subtle. Only you are going to see it, it's that faint. The pigment is soft on these and they give a soft warm eye look. The eye look wiht this is soft and natural and this is not going to give you a dramatic eye look. The shadows are soft and blendable and silky smooth. These are not powdery, chalky, or dry at all. I use them over a eye primer or they tend to blend right away to nothing. The colors on these last all day for me which is 12 hours, and although they do fade some, it's not any more that any other brand. When used with eye primer (I use NYX eye base in white) these stay put for hours and they don't crease or cake up.These shadows are all imprinted with suggestions for use but I use them my own way. I used the vanilla "browbone" shade as a highlighter beneath my brows and in the inner corner of my eyes, the pink "eyelid" shade as a transition and browbone shade and in the center of my eyelid to transition from lighter to darker at the outer corner, and then the chocolate "crease" shade as a crease shade and as an eye liner/smudge shade for upper and lower lashlines. This gives me an easy natural everyday look without any effort or thought and at 5am that's important. I can easily smoke this look out by adding the chocolate brown and get a more intense look with a single shade. I just love these little Wet n' WIld Color Icon shadows and better yet, they are a core stock item so I don't have to worry about running out. Yes, please!

on 10/23/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is such a great trio by WnW! The colors remind me of Neopolitan ice cream, so the name is quite fitting for the trio. As for the pigment, it's quite impressive for only a few bucks. The pink is the perfect shade. It's not too loud or too faint of a pink, which is often a problem with the pink eyeshadows of today. As for the brown shade, it has a hard time showing up if you are using it WITH the pink. I'm sure it is great by itself. The white shade is perfect for the brow bone or on the inner corners of the eyes. The trio comes with two applicators, one being sponge and one being a brush-like applicator. I don't really use them a lot, but they are fine for when you're in a hurry. I love using this trio for the pink and brown (on the outer V) and then creating a winged look. Just a really great WnW product, but I rather like their trios in general. I also love the Fergie primer. I am dreaming of the day when they bring back the Knock on Wood trio!

on 10/12/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Better then Walking on Eggshells for me! (Although that one is great too.) I wasn't sure I wanted this but since there was a BOGOF deal at CVS so I thought what the heck. So glad I did! I use the crease color as an all over lid color on my medium Asian skin, and it's perfect. I don't use primer, just brush on with my e.l.f. Studio shadow C brush. Great subtle transition color that lasts all day, satiny finish rather than shimmery. Like I said, perfect. Haven't tried the other colors yet but will buy again for the crease color alone. Btw Walking on Eggshells is great too--although the trios look similar I find the crease color is darker on me, perfect for evening. Get them both!

on 8/10/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice combination of colors. I love how easily it applies and it has very good pigmentation and staying power for the price!

on 8/5/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smooth, buttery eyeshadow formula that wears well even without a primer. I'm a huge fan of WnW trios in general. Sweet as Candy in particular is great for traveling, the shades are so versatile and can be worn in different ways. During the day I usually wear the pink shade with the pearl highlighter in the inner corner and center of the lid. If I am on a roadtrip or feel totally lazy I just lightly sweep the browbone shade all over my lid as a wash and leave it at that.

The crease shade is shimmery so personally I prefer not to use it to contour the crease area. I do use the crease shade blended out over my lid for a smokey even look; it sheers out beautifully and looks great with a smidgen of liner in the upper lash.

on 7/9/2014 11:51:00 AM

My all time favorite eyeshadows!! Wet n wild eyeshadows are definitely a must have !

on 7/7/2014 8:21:00 PM

I can't recommend these Color Icon Trios enough! This was the first one I bought, and I absolutely love it - it's great for everyday, or really any occasion. At first glance, you might think this is really similar to the Color Icon Trio called "Walking on Eggshells," but the pink in this trio is more of a light bubble gum pink. I also like that the brown doesn't come off as too dark; it's pigmented enough, but natural-looking at the same time. And the white-ish shimmery shade is great for higlighing the brow bone and inner corners, although it can be the slightest bit chalky. I highly recommend this trio whether you've been wearing eyeshadow for years or if you're just starting off with makeup. Plus - the little sponge-tip and brush applicators work really well if you're traveling, you don't have brushes, or just in a pinch.