September 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Makeup Brushes - Paris Presents Highlighter Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks like a stippling brush so I tried to use it a one with liquid foundation and it shed like crazy and made my foundation look horrible. I have also tried using it with powder blushes and face powders, but it doesn't pick up the product very well......

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LindaYAY

I wanted a stippling brush (says highlighter, but it's similar enough) to use liquid/cream foundation with. I've never actually used a stippling brush, so I didn't know what to expect. I found that it made my coverage cakey looking and uneven. I don't know if it's just me, but for $5, you might as well try it. However, I've just started using it for blush/bronzer and it works fine. It picks up a decent amount of color and blending is a breeze.

As for the shedding, I haven't experienced a lot of it. Some hairs came out during the first wash, but it stopped after that. Of course, there might be the occasional stray hair, but it's not a big deal. I think it depends on how well you care care of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for about five bucks at Wally World, so I knew good n' well that I wasn't getting any miracle working stippling brush. Truth be told, this is my first stippling brush. I know, the packaging says it's a highlighting brush, but same difference since the brush build is the same. I recently bought a new foundation, and I was told I was going to have bad results with any application except a stippling brush so I decided to get a cheap one first so I could get used to stippling. Knowing the brush is cheap, I took it out of the package as soon as I got home, and washed it in warm water with Bare Minerals brush conditioner. It knocked out some lose bristles, and I have it a small test run with no shedding. And it's still held up a good bit even after that. However, I have to give this a point off because the handle was not properly glued to the metal and fell right off as soon as I got it out of the plastic bag. Easy fix, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by mam311

I bought this brush just to see if I liked the way my foundation looked with a "highlighter/stippling" brush, yes I know it's meant to be used for powders. It was only $5.00 at walmart so it was worth a try.

I liked the results but as mentioned, this brush sheds like crazy, I kinda expected it because is was cheap. I washed it after using the first time to hopefully get out most of the loose bristles, that helped a little but I still find little hairs when Im done using this. I end up just going over my face with a different brush to get rid of the stray hairs.

I would only buy this again if I absolutely had to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I got this every time I would swipe the brush it shed. Long hairs stuck to my face. Its still the first day and is shedding less, will update

So as I looked at this brush, there is white crap all over it. I have washed it at least 3 times with gentle facewash, and a normal facewash.

The makeup would not come out of this brush. I don't know if there was stuff in it before, but there is particles, like from powder, which I used barely any of, lodged all inside the brush bristles, which i cannot get out.

I tried washing it also to get rid of the smell. Oh my god do not breathe this in. The smell is still there.

Overall the brush is pretty soft, but very dirty and sheds like crazy. It smells horrid and is nearly impossible to clean. .