December 21, 2014 | 1550 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Curly Hair Series-Dry to Moisturized

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very neutral about the shampoo. VERY neutral. First off, I don't feel like sulfates/silicones are the devil like the hair care industry is having so many people to believe; yes, sulfates can be extremely irritating. Sure, silicones can lead to build up. Organic, naturally refined shea butter can lead to build up. The PPTs in semi-permanent/permanent hair dyes can be extremely irritating. Never hear anyone complain about those. Obviously if one wishes to avoid those things in their products it's their prerogative and their choice to do so, so no worries. I just wish people would do their own research and draw their own conclusions instead of buying into all these "all natural" "all organic" fads. With that being said, I thought that all pantene shampoos/conditioners were the same because the ingredients in all their lines are nearly identical. However, for some reason my coarse, dense, afro textured hair did well with this shampoo while hating the relaxed/natural and medium-thick lines. Interesting, but I'm not complaining. The scent of this line is slightly nicer to me than the others, and this shampoo leaves my hair feeling softer, lighter, and surprisingly clean. I will say that I only use this line around once a month because the silicones do make my scalp itch if I use it too much (my scalp/hair prefers amodimethicone or cyclomethicone when I use cones...I guess they're lighter?) but it hasn't affected my hair health. If anything it makes washing my hair a much less time consuming process. Still, I have my favorites, and this isn't one of them. I'd rebuy, but it's not a shampoo I NEED to have.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by misstcb

I've been using this product for about a week now and the only con I am experiencing so far is that my hair becomes extremely tangled after using this and the conditioner. I have not noticed a different in frizz yet but will continue to use it for another month or so and see what happens.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by randagray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried reeeeaaaalllllllyyyy hard to like this line. I used to be a faithful Pantene groupie - back when they had the green/white bottle & serum. It has been both "smooth" & "sleek & smooth".. But this. Oh goodness.
I bought the shampoo & matching conditioner, & to keep from writing two reviews, I'm just going to say this:
The shampoo smells lovely, but it doesn't get my hair clean AT ALL. I washed my hair twice every time I shampooed my hair for a solid week, then put in conditioner & left it for 5 or so minutes. Nothing but dirty feeling, frizzy, limp hair. Even with the appropriate matching styling products, then changing over to my previous styling products (aussie), my hair is still recovering. Bleh.
I wish Pantene would go back to the old line... This is the 2nd set I've tried since the "reformulation" & I won't waste the time or $$ trying another!
Now I'm off to the store for something that will actually work. For reference, I have red, mid back length, virgin, 2c/3a hair. It's very dry right now & this shampoo just made it worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by FrankStallone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was never a huge fan of Pantene products. They always weighed down my hair and made it stringy. However, I was intrigued when they streamlined and reformulated their line of products. It didn't hurt that I had a coupon for it either. I have to say that I am impressed so far by this product. It detangles well and I really feel like they paid attention to curly haired concerns. It is not too heavy for my hair at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

UGH! This shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair a dry, brittle, frizzy mess! I have permed hair that is oily and not dry to begin with. This shampoo and cond does nothing to enhance my curls and I just tossed them out after using half a bottle of each. I just bought super moisturizing shampoo and cond and am going to try that in the hope that my soft hair will come back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Over time, this product lost its effectiveness and strong performance. My hair became sensitive to the silicone and harsh sulfates, and I had to switch back to to old faithful (Trader Joes, Nature's Gate, Aubrey Organics). Will probably use the rest of the bottle to coat my hair before I swim at the beach this summer, or leave it in the guest room for others. Oh well, I tried. Changing rating from 4 to 3 lippies since its average.

*******************************
FIrst, let me make clear that I am not a fan of Pantene products in general. I think they're a bunch of mess than dry out your hair with sulfates and silicones. And everytime I read the "different" lines, all the ingredients are EXACTLY the same. So I figure not too much change amongst the bottles.

However, when I smelled this out of boredom while grazing through a drugstore, it smelled SO good. I wanted to try it just to have my hair smell like it. Once I did, I was surpised at the finish. Big difference from when I last tried it years ago. My last rinse left my hair feeling ultra clean, but not stripped dry and tangly like it has in the past when I used their shampoo. I also used the conditioner (which is against my no silicone rule!) but I figured what the heck it wont kill me to try it. Just wash it away with sulfates and then go back to my cone-free regimine. I really bought it because of the perfumey staple Pantene smell that lasts all day. But when I used the conditioner, I was pleasantly surprised by the finish - smooth, sleek, and not frizzing as it air dries in a ponytail right now. Hmm. Normally it would have felt like there was a liquid wax coating over my dry tangly hair.

All in all, I can say that I am impressed at the performance of this $4 Shampoo and $4 Conditioner. Maybe there is something different in each line? Cause my wavy hair seemed to like it.

We'll see how long this lasts over time though. I still have my Aubrey Organics and Trader Joe's under my cabinet....just in case.

4 lippies - not the best, but definitely not the worst. At this point, I would repurchase - and I will update if that changes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by selkie67

I was looking for a more economical replacement to my usual expensive Redken shampoo, saw how Pantene products keep getting recommended year after year in "best of" beauty reviews, and decided to try this.

This shampoo isn't the best of anything...it actually makes my thick, coarse, wavy-to-curly hair even drier. It strips it. My hair is left frizzy and almost crispy. The conditioner doesn't help, either.

Looks like I'll be sticking to my expensive shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by moniquedgoodman

THIS IS ACTUALLY FOR THE CURLY TO STRAIGHT PRODUCTS: OMG! I have never had a HG product of any kind, but this definitely hits the mark. I was straightening my hair just using my regular curly hair shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, and also adding heat protect spray; and it was coming out frizzy. I now use this as well as the curly to straight shampoo and conditioner and my hair is straight as a stick, smooth, shiny, and great. For reference my hair is medium thick, ringlets, shoulder length; and I use a wet to straight hair straightener. I use all of the pantene products mentioned plus a different brand's leave in and heat protectant and it's amazing. My hair looks and feels naturally straight and reminds me of baby's hair. The shampoo leaves my hair feelling squeaky clean, yet already condtioned; and the conditioner leaves my hair smooth, slick, and soft. I can't wait to use pantene's heat protectant and leave in from this line also. :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used Pantene products in the past with satisfaction. However, this shampoo did not work for me. In fact it made my scalp very itchy, which was something of a surprise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is part of the new line Pantene is releasing May 15th. I got a travel size set of the shampoo and conditioner (1.7oz each), that also included a coupon, at Wal Mart for $2.

Scent: I like the scent of this line. It does smell like something that would come from Pantene (you know what I mean by that). It's girly and smells like a summer scent. It's kind of florally/candy/clean. Though that makes no sense, I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not cloying and though it is strong in the bottle, it isn't strong in my hair.

Experience: The ingredients read like just about any other Pantene shampoo, but some how it does feel different. My hair turns out clean, but not stripped. My scalp problems (eczema) aren't as prevalent as they were before I started using this which leads me to believe it is moisturizing. There hasn't been any build up or dryness as I used to get with Pantene. I use the same styling products in the same manner as I did with other shamp/conds. but my curls do actually look better. They hold better and are shiny and smooth.

There is actually another set to this line that is called Curls to Straight, which is a great idea for those of us who straighten every once in a while. I plan on trying that one too. I'm not sure if they are completely replacing all of the collections with these targeted at texture, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they did. I think they put some thought into these and it seems at least this one is better quality. All in all, the new line is worth trying.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No