December 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Yes To Carrots - Yes to Cucumbers - Soothing Eye Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by DevineSecret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel today at Ulta. The main reason I got it is my allergies have been so horrible that my eye lids were puffy, itchy, red and very swollen and uncomfortable. I must say it put out the fire an de-puffed my lids immediately and the swelling was gone. I use to buy a cucumber eye gel that St. Ives made for this but they must've discontinued it. I wouldn't purchase this for anything else but what I needed it for. I don't feel that it's moisturizing at all. I don't notice any film around my eyes that people are talking about. It does seem to tighten the eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SlantySlanty

I bought this on a whim while shopping the cosmetic aisle at Target. I thought the amount per dollar was spectacular (eye creams are expensive), so I just threw it in my basket and went to the check out.
I've had it for about a week now and I've been using it night and day. I love the cooling feeling and I notice the skin around my eyes feel tighter a few minutes after applying. I can definitely see an improvement in the puffiness of my lower lid. But sadly, this product does not help my under eye circles at all.
I'm surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I don't notice a clear film over my eye or anything like that (embarrassing). The only bad thing about this product is the smell. It smells sorta like cucumbers but not very pleasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by emem054

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eye gel is awful! I am not very picky, I just want something to depuff my undereye area and help out with small bags. I put this on, and while I didn't experience the peeling, I did experience the burning!! This stuff immediately made my skin around the undereye area red and irritated. I had to wash it off immediately and take some Benadryl just in case I was allergic to something in the formula. I did like the packaging, although I think too much product came out with a single pump. Overall, this was a horrible purchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Not my favorite. I was initially impressed by how much product you received (1 oz for about $14.99) but I am yet to see any real results after about 3 months of use. I do like the initial cooling sensation, but It leaves a very weird filmy residue that can ruin the look of undereye makeup if you aren't careful to fully remove it. I will use this until I finish it, but I probably won't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Guapo0630

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to use in the mornings as I don't like to use anything too hydrating around my eyes during the day. I find this product to actually be quite drying. It feels nice and cool when it first goes on, but then it dries to a weird tight film. I'm going to use it up because I hate to waste it, but will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Olya_dreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- burns my eyes
- not sure if it actually affects puffiness
- def does not change darkness
- maybe some moisturizing?
- lasts forever

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does give a nice, cooling sensation when applied in the eye area and the packaging is functional and sanitary; it has a pump. The price ($14.99 USD) is reasonable for an eye treatment.

However, this product leaves a thin, clear film that is a bit shiny. The film often starts to peel or flake, which makes this very difficult for me to use during the day, with or without makeup. I would be willing to deal with the film at night if this was an effective eye gel, but unfortunately, I haven't noticed any moisturizing effects or any improvement in my dark circles (even after a few months of nightly use).
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It does feel cool, as it claims, and I quite like the pump-style packaging, but overall I'm not sure I see the point of this product. It's not hydrating in the slightest.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by LorenM6

What caught my eye about this product was the price - $13.99 for 30ml. Most eye products come in 15ml and cost double the price, so I thought I'd try it! I had been having a reaction to something else I was using on my face - it made my under eye area red, sore and extremely dry. The other eye cream I have by ROC was making it worse and sting... This stuff soothed it right away and also took away the wrinkles from the dryness. As a bonus it completely took away any darkness I had under my eyes and helped with puffiness! I haven't had any trouble with flakiness or peeling and I can use it day and night, under makeup or not. Maybe it's best for dry/sensitive skin? I keep it in the fridge as well :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by vivaELvino

Eh. Used this for several weeks and did not see a difference in lines or puffiness around my eyes. Wouldn't buy again.