April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Yes To Carrots - Yes to Cucumbers - Soothing Eye Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Guapo0630

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to use in the mornings as I don't like to use anything too hydrating around my eyes during the day. I find this product to actually be quite drying. It feels nice and cool when it first goes on, but then it dries to a weird tight film. I'm going to use it up because I hate to waste it, but will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Olya_dreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- burns my eyes
- not sure if it actually affects puffiness
- def does not change darkness
- maybe some moisturizing?
- lasts forever

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does give a nice, cooling sensation when applied in the eye area and the packaging is functional and sanitary; it has a pump. The price ($14.99 USD) is reasonable for an eye treatment.

However, this product leaves a thin, clear film that is a bit shiny. The film often starts to peel or flake, which makes this very difficult for me to use during the day, with or without makeup. I would be willing to deal with the film at night if this was an effective eye gel, but unfortunately, I haven't noticed any moisturizing effects or any improvement in my dark circles (even after a few months of nightly use).
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It does feel cool, as it claims, and I quite like the pump-style packaging, but overall I'm not sure I see the point of this product. It's not hydrating in the slightest.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by LorenM6

What caught my eye about this product was the price - $13.99 for 30ml. Most eye products come in 15ml and cost double the price, so I thought I'd try it! I had been having a reaction to something else I was using on my face - it made my under eye area red, sore and extremely dry. The other eye cream I have by ROC was making it worse and sting... This stuff soothed it right away and also took away the wrinkles from the dryness. As a bonus it completely took away any darkness I had under my eyes and helped with puffiness! I haven't had any trouble with flakiness or peeling and I can use it day and night, under makeup or not. Maybe it's best for dry/sensitive skin? I keep it in the fridge as well :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by vivaELvino

Eh. Used this for several weeks and did not see a difference in lines or puffiness around my eyes. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

When this brand originally came out with the "Yes to Carrots" moniker I found it clever but a bit off-putting because I am actually allergic to carrots. When I found "Yes to Cucumbers" Soothing Eye Gel I gave it a try although it seemed a bit over-priced, $14.99 even at Walmart where items tend to run a bit cheaper.

This product has a lot of natural ingredients that sound healthy for the skin. The pump is nice and dispenses the gel reliably. I do find that the gel does not play as nice under makeup or other skin-care products as my more typical aloe vera gel from GNC. A small tube of pure aloe vera gel from GNC is $1.99, a heck of a lot cheaper. And honestly, I find the GNC product more soothing. There is something in this formula that has a tendency to sting around the eyes, despite its name. If there is any pre-existing irritation or sensitivity it will burn. In looking at the ingredients I suspect the only way they've gotten away from the paraben preservatives is to replace them with alcohol (because they've got to preserve all those natural ingredients somehow!). I suspect the alcohol-based preservative is the culprit.

This gel can be used at night on unbroken or non-irritated skin but it doesn't play nice under makeup or oil-based lotions. It tends to ball up and scale when layered with other skin-care products. At first I thought that all gels behave this way but the GNC product doesn't. I can add anything above or below their brand aloe vera gel. So it's something else in this product that makes it suitable only for non-makeup use. It dries with a bit of a tightening/shiny look. Although I am drawn to products offering more natural ingredients, I probably won't repurchase this product again for the price given the above-mentioned drawbacks. I just can't see any obvious benefits to this formula over plain old aloe vera gel.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by rachmaaaworld

Meh. When I look for an undereye cream/gel I look for something that can be applied both at night and in the morning underneath my makeup or even going out bare-faced.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the slight cooling sensation this product gives me and love that this brand is cruelty free.. I can feel a little tightening under my eyes when this goes on and it does feel as though the skin around my eyes is being moisturized.

BUT

I don't appreciate the clear film that it leaves on my skin (that reflects in light). When I go out during the day with this product on, it is completely visible and incredibly embarrassing. Beneath makeup, the product starts to peel.

So..don't get me wrong. The amount of product for the price is great. This would be a great night time eye gel, but in the daytime? NO. Personally, I wouldn't buy again. I'd probably just stick to something like Olay's under eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Dakota135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love it. Personally, I think $14 dollars for a WHOLE OUNCE of eye gel is a great price. Especially when the ingredients are "99% natural". Only problem I have with this product is that it peeled off when i applied my eyeshadow primer... Other than that! Its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by lindaherr

Personally I think this eye gel is a great product and this is my go-to eye gel/cream. The reason why I chose gel in the first place is to avoid getting fat granule or oil granule right underneath or on the eyelid, those are painful to remove and easy to get with an eye cream. Yes or no soothing eye gel not only soothes but it also decreases the puffiness or my dark circles, I always apply a thin layer of it all over my eye area and then proceed to put on my night or day cream on top of it. This eye gel gave me zero oil granules and great comfort, and I love the fact it's made out of mostly natural products.