August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lip Gloss - 100 Percent Pure - Fruit Pigmented Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have 2 tins of the raspberry one and both I received as free gifts. The pigmentation is very sheer against my pigmented lips. And as a lip balm I think it's too glossy and slippery so I can't wear it under lipstick. The staying power on me is one hour max. It is not a thick consistency so it doesn't feel very moisturizing. I don't have any problem with the tin packaging. I don't have long nails,so for me it's very easy to open. I never wear this outside the house, I don't like to use my fingers to apply this lip balm when I'm out and about. It's not sanitary. The scent is very subtle,not offensive at all. You do get a lot of product but it is pretty expensive for a lip butter/lip balm. I won't repurchase,the two I have will last me a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by queenrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got the raspberry lip butter as a free gift and I love it! It gives your lips a lovey glossy pink tint, smells great, and is moisturizing. I actually like the packaging. Never had a problem opening my tin up. I give it a 4 only because it doesn't last that long on the lips and its rather expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love these!!! I have 2, Cherry and Strawberry. The consistancy for both is a little different and might be because one is a little older than the other. However, these are great. My Cherry is sheer and lends a nice red to my lips that looks natural and gives them a flush. I don't have to worry about applying with a mirror, which is great for a quick on the go color. I also like the fruity scent and the fact that it's all natural. My only gripe is that I wish it was a little longer lasting, oh well.

Strawberry has more of a lipstick like consistancy and is more off a full on color like a lipstick as well. I will say that I love the reddish pink color and looks nice with my warm skin.

Despite the fact that I have 2 balms with different consistancy, they are just freakin awesome. I love how I can swap them on and they keep my dry lips moist. Also, I love the color and feel better about wearing somethng natural as well. I cannot wait to try the other colors out!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by aquavita

A lot of people complain about the packaging, but, tell you the truth, i like it . There are few ways of opening it properly, and if you try otherwise you will struggle. Therefore, you just have to get the trick.One of the ways is pulling up the sharp side, making sure that two long sides are relatively at the same level when they go up. Once, you know how to open it, the packaging is pretty and it doesn't open in the purse, which is a big advantage to me.
What comes to the product, it is good. I find that there is very few color in the butters, but, after applying them, my lips look glossy with a nice tint. Also, it is quite moisturizing and pleasant to were. Though, the smell is mediocre. The ingredients are amazing, which is inheritant to the line.
I guess the biggest complaint i have to the product it is the price. I received 3 lip butters as a gift from 100 % pure, but for 16 $ each i would not consider to buy it.
To summarize, it is a good product, but it is not worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by BobMoose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The lip glosses together in the tin smell amazing. But each one individually, for some reason, does not. I've only tried the raspberry out of all the ones I have and will be giving the others away based on it. The color, smell, and consistency remind me of those lipsticks made for kids. It did not seem very moisturizing either and I think it tastes bad. The tin is very hard to open each time and is not very hygienic. I gave it a 2 star for the idea of all natural, fruit pigmented cosmetics.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Super disappointed in this product. purchased the raspberry, paid $13 plus $5 shipping for a freakin lip balm...... first i couldn't get the damn thing open. i had to have my bf break it in by opening and closing it several times. the color looks beautiful in the tin, but when u apply it, its like a sheer barbie pink. and the smell, oh god the smell.....YUK. it smells like some cheap, penny, plastic scented lip balm you would find in the trash. and thats where this belongs. now i love 100% pure, they are my staple brand, but this.............if you are interested in swapping this, let me know. lol i used it very lightly a single time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by cjofphilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these lip butters, they have a great, natural-looking color, taste good (and yes, it's safe to lick your lips with it on :)), smell awesome, with a bit of shine. Will definitely buy again. I have strawberry and cherry. I don't see what the big deal is about the tins, I think they are easy to open.....then again, I'm pretty self-sufficient. :p

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! Its one of the few lip products from 100% pure that does not contain alcohol (wine)! OMG, who would put such a harmful substance on their lips?! ANYWAYS, the tin was hard to open at first but within a week it became easy to open and I LOVE them now. I would rather have them in a twist tube, and was thinking about putting them MYSELF in one, but its perfect like this if you wanna use a lip brush. I use them too much to use a lip brush so its a bit annoying.

They are moisturizing, nourishing and suppper pigmented. I have all six colors. The original ones are best and look like a super pigmented lip gloss. The new ones are thicker and more lip sticky.

original, comes in adorable tin!
1. *sheer cranberry- sheer but light yellow in pot
2. *pomegranate- BEST perfect red tint
3. *peach- Lovely dark orange color!
4. strawberry-light red/dark pink color

the new ones
5. * Cherry- beautiful red mauve color, natural but pigmented!
6. Raspberry- Super pigmented light pink
7. Watermellon- medium barbie pink, pigmented

* means my favorite/use everyday

OH YEA! IT is HUGE, will last FOREVER!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I regret having to give this product 2 lippies but I feel as if I had no other choice. The actual lip butter is very nice. It glides on like a lip balm- not too greasy and feels moisturizing. It is also free of chemicals which is great in a lip product. But, I had to give it such a low score due to the packaging. It comes in an oval tin that you have to pry open--literally. It can take 5 minutes just to get the top off! Luckily I have short nails, but if you have long ones, I think you'd just give up. If they change the packaging, it could go from a 2 to a 4 or 5 lippie product.