Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Sugar Coat

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was just a hot mess to work with it nothing like the other ones in this line. So thick yet still sheer so had to double coat. yes i like the color but will find another dupe to this with a better formula,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you try to use thin or regular coats, it is horrible -- streaky city. Thick coats, and it's a little better. For me, it's not worth the trouble. Color is fine, but not a must have for me.

on 8/25/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Amazing sheer white polish for an amazing price. This is one of the rare times I would suggest working with thicker coats since I find that it prevents streaking. 1 coat offers a clean whitened natural nail look. 2 coats is a little stronger but you can see your own nail tips (my favorite) and three coats when working with thicker coats makes it opaque. Word of advise: Use Seche Vite top coat for ALL manicures and you won't have to worry about how thick your coats are or how many coats are required (absolute holy grail, everyone I tell about it falls in love). Great for polishes like this.

on 8/19/2014 9:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this color. For me, I am not one to put nail polish on my finger nails. I ALWAYS wear it on my toe nails in different colors. So I bought this for my toes but playing around with it, put in on my fingers and I really like it. Its a sheer white-pale pink color that looks fabulous on my hands. Adds just a hint of color and shine which I love. When it starts wearing off, its light enough that my fingers dont show it much before i can re-paint. I never wear dark color on my fingers so i just love this and will repurchase. It was also only a dollar. It does need more than one coat but thats any polish on my nails.

on 1/27/2014 6:53:00 PM

This color is great for French manicures and dries rather quickly, however I would not wear stand alone with out a french tip.

on 1/15/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Just did my nails w this... [Pretty like Essie Ballet Slippers...]. One coat for a clean natural nails look, no white tips necessary. Wasn't super streaky like most colors in that color family... I also bought WnW 2% Milk but haven't used it yet. (I seem to be collecting colors like this, I also got SH Petal Pusher also haven't used yet... But I digress!). This is a nice quality polish esp for the price & I love the new Megalast brushes. Another WnW gem.

on 1/5/2014 2:10:00 PM

If I didn't know Wet N Wild's nail polishes and were to try Sugar Coat first, I would never try any other color. It seems like a completely different formula: streaky, difficult to work with. I had to use 3 coats for a somewhat wearable result. Whereas with my other Wet N Wild megalast nail polishes, I can almost get away with only one coat. Very disappointed!

on 10/8/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pale pink and pretty color, but the formula is annoying. It is VERY streaky, but for the price its not surprising. It took 3-4 coats to look opaque and I wasn't happy with it in the end really.

I will look for something else from Essie or OPI to replace it later on.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the price of less than 5 bucks, you really cannot go wrong with this polish. Honestly, It lasts as long as the Essie nail polish's I have, takes the same amount of coats for an opaque finish, and costs about 5 dollars less. I recomend to anyone who wants a high end look, for a low end price. You will not be disappointed ladies!

on 6/24/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, all things considered, I do like this polish!
That being said, I always use 4 coats. It is very sheer and streaky. However, every essie I have tried in a similar colour has been just as streaky, and needed the same amount (for what I want - mostly opaque). I picked this up for less than $3, and am very happy with it at that price point - with essie's costing at least $8 at the same store.

* I always use a fast dry top coat, so it really doesn't take much time to dry - a bit more than 2 min to set without smudging.
I can't comment on chipping because i have always used it with a topcoat - it lasts about average length for me - 3-5 days.

I don't plan to repurchase because I expect it will last a while. In that time, I hope to find something to better suit my needs - a little more opaque in the same colour. Still, a great polish for the price.

Popular Polishes