Wet 'n' Wild Megalast - Sugar Coat

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

OVERALL: gives a subtle colour with one coat, which i like, but i prefer 2 coats to get a not-quite-opaque and not-quite sheer colour. reading the reviews the streakiness is a concern for many, i see it but can manage it better (explained below). the colour is really pretty, true to how it shows in the bottle. brush is nice, didn't begin to chip until 3 days after applying (and even then it was very minimal, i got another 2 days wear out of it). i would repurchase, and will be buying more colours from this collection soon!

WHAT I DID: i bought this after forgetting my polish bag on a trip, so i didn't have a base or top coat. just two thin-enough layers and i was happy with the result. also, this means that the lasting power i noticed was 100% this polish, not a fabulous top or base coat :)

STREAKY?: i must admit, yes the first few nails i painted with it i noticed a lot of streaks, after that i just took a little more care in how i applied it, checking i was happy before moving to the next nail. more on this below when i discuss the brush!

BRUSH: i really like this brush! i have to say that i've never taken much notice of a brush in a nail polish before, but i do like this one. it's big enough to cover my whole nail in 2-3 strokes, and small enough that i have no trouble with the bottom/sides of my nails. given the stickers on the bottles i think this brush is new, i know the bottle was recently changed from round to more square, but i think a lot of the reviews that say it's very streaky don't have the same brush, which makes a world of a difference!

COLOUR: i can only say that i like it, you may hate it! it is a very pale pink, true to the colour you see through the glass bottle. i've had a few look very different in the bottle vs on my nails, but i don't have that here :)

LASTING POWER: i applied 2 coats my first time, and it was 3 days before i noticed my first chip (very good for me, essie and opi tend to last only 2 before i see chips! i'm very hands on!) and that was only one little chip! i got another 2 full days wear out of it before i took it off, even then most of my nails were still fine, i had just chipped 3 but was going to a party so wanted them to be perfect. i applied one coat as a light wash of colour a week later. it lasted just as long!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was just a hot mess to work with it nothing like the other ones in this line. So thick yet still sheer so had to double coat. yes i like the color but will find another dupe to this with a better formula,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you try to use thin or regular coats, it is horrible -- streaky city. Thick coats, and it's a little better. For me, it's not worth the trouble. Color is fine, but not a must have for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Amazing sheer white polish for an amazing price. This is one of the rare times I would suggest working with thicker coats since I find that it prevents streaking. 1 coat offers a clean whitened natural nail look. 2 coats is a little stronger but you can see your own nail tips (my favorite) and three coats when working with thicker coats makes it opaque. Word of advise: Use Seche Vite top coat for ALL manicures and you won't have to worry about how thick your coats are or how many coats are required (absolute holy grail, everyone I tell about it falls in love). Great for polishes like this.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this color. For me, I am not one to put nail polish on my finger nails. I ALWAYS wear it on my toe nails in different colors. So I bought this for my toes but playing around with it, put in on my fingers and I really like it. Its a sheer white-pale pink color that looks fabulous on my hands. Adds just a hint of color and shine which I love. When it starts wearing off, its light enough that my fingers dont show it much before i can re-paint. I never wear dark color on my fingers so i just love this and will repurchase. It was also only a dollar. It does need more than one coat but thats any polish on my nails.

This color is great for French manicures and dries rather quickly, however I would not wear stand alone with out a french tip.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just did my nails w this... [Pretty like Essie Ballet Slippers...]. One coat for a clean natural nails look, no white tips necessary. Wasn't super streaky like most colors in that color family... I also bought WnW 2% Milk but haven't used it yet. (I seem to be collecting colors like this, I also got SH Petal Pusher also haven't used yet... But I digress!). This is a nice quality polish esp for the price & I love the new Megalast brushes. Another WnW gem.

If I didn't know Wet N Wild's nail polishes and were to try Sugar Coat first, I would never try any other color. It seems like a completely different formula: streaky, difficult to work with. I had to use 3 coats for a somewhat wearable result. Whereas with my other Wet N Wild megalast nail polishes, I can almost get away with only one coat. Very disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pale pink and pretty color, but the formula is annoying. It is VERY streaky, but for the price its not surprising. It took 3-4 coats to look opaque and I wasn't happy with it in the end really.

I will look for something else from Essie or OPI to replace it later on.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the price of less than 5 bucks, you really cannot go wrong with this polish. Honestly, It lasts as long as the Essie nail polish's I have, takes the same amount of coats for an opaque finish, and costs about 5 dollars less. I recomend to anyone who wants a high end look, for a low end price. You will not be disappointed ladies!