July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - megalast nail color - Sugar Coat

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is great for French manicures and dries rather quickly, however I would not wear stand alone with out a french tip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Just did my nails w this... [Pretty like Essie Ballet Slippers...]. One coat for a clean natural nails look, no white tips necessary. Wasn't super streaky like most colors in that color family... I also bought WnW 2% Milk but haven't used it yet. (I seem to be collecting colors like this, I also got SH Petal Pusher also haven't used yet... But I digress!). This is a nice quality polish esp for the price & I love the new Megalast brushes. Another WnW gem.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

If I didn't know Wet N Wild's nail polishes and were to try Sugar Coat first, I would never try any other color. It seems like a completely different formula: streaky, difficult to work with. I had to use 3 coats for a somewhat wearable result. Whereas with my other Wet N Wild megalast nail polishes, I can almost get away with only one coat. Very disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a very pale pink and pretty color, but the formula is annoying. It is VERY streaky, but for the price its not surprising. It took 3-4 coats to look opaque and I wasn't happy with it in the end really.

I will look for something else from Essie or OPI to replace it later on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyblondey

For the price of less than 5 bucks, you really cannot go wrong with this polish. Honestly, It lasts as long as the Essie nail polish's I have, takes the same amount of coats for an opaque finish, and costs about 5 dollars less. I recomend to anyone who wants a high end look, for a low end price. You will not be disappointed ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by springflame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, all things considered, I do like this polish!
That being said, I always use 4 coats. It is very sheer and streaky. However, every essie I have tried in a similar colour has been just as streaky, and needed the same amount (for what I want - mostly opaque). I picked this up for less than $3, and am very happy with it at that price point - with essie's costing at least $8 at the same store.

* I always use a fast dry top coat, so it really doesn't take much time to dry - a bit more than 2 min to set without smudging.
I can't comment on chipping because i have always used it with a topcoat - it lasts about average length for me - 3-5 days.

I don't plan to repurchase because I expect it will last a while. In that time, I hope to find something to better suit my needs - a little more opaque in the same colour. Still, a great polish for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by kiramekihoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty sheer pink. The color reminds me of OPI's You Callin' Me a Lyre? or one of the many sheer pink Essies. It is a bit streaky, but I didn't find it unmanageable. The Megalast line has prowide brushes, so if you can cover your nail in one or two strokes, that will help reduce streaking. This is a perfect polish for thrifty individuals that want a cheaper drugstore polish ($2) that don't want to pay for $8 Essies or OPIs. Or perhaps it might make a good gift for a young girl?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Love the wetnwild megalast line! However this colour is very streaky (like everyone is saying) and its pretty sheer, so you need a min of 2-3 coats.

I love the colour but its just too much work. I would go with one of Essies nailpolishes if you're looking for a flawless manicured look, as they have a huge variety of spa like nail polishes to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very pale, sheer pink, best applied in one coat only for a clean nail look. Multiple coats looked streaky. Lasted 7 days without chipping!
The polish for those who want a clean shiny "unpolished" look.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Elmo96

I want to love this polish. I really do. It's such a pretty color in the bottle, and I typlically don't have problems with using cheap nail polishes. But this one is SO sheer and SO streaky, ugh. I can put two coats on and its just a streaky, uneven mess. It also chips after a day or so of normal wear.

At least it was cheap...oh well. I do like the packaging and the brush.