December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I really enjoy using Nivea A Kiss Of Smoothness . I love how when I put it on my lips feel like there being moisturized , it feels very hydrating . I use it before I apply makeup , when my lips feel chapped and before I got to bed . I like using it before I go to bed because I wake up and my lips feel very smooth the next day . I'm already on my second stick . I like how its has an SPF on it because then my lips wont get a sun burn . This is my second fave chap stick other than Carmex :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipbalms. It is very hydrating and moisturizing. I can instantly feel the difference to my lips when putting this on. It also adds a bit of shine to my lips, making it smooth and glossy (not that much) at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by HighPriestess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A Kiss Of Smoothness is definitely my favorite lip balm for many reasons: it contains broad spectrum SPF 15 (no white cast though), it doesn't feel like crayons or grease on, it really does make lips feel more moisturized even after it has "sunk in" or worn off, and it is clear and somewhat glossy in texture.

I also like that it doesn't have an odd or offensive smell (it barely registers as having fragrance in it for being a listed) and no flavor. Also, it's affordable at roughly $3 a tube.

The packaging I gave a 4. Although the cap/tube is mostly functional/sturdy, sometimes the cap starts to crack after a lot of use. I'd give this product a million points if they redesigned the case.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by toohautetohandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at all of the good reviews on this. I think there are three general categories of lip balms: those that absorb and actually nourish and moisturize your lips, those that feel moisturizing while on your lips, and those that just sit on your lips and don't feel moisturizing at all. For me, this is the last type. Very waxy feeling without feeling moisturizing or ever seeming to absorb. I like that it has SPF, but SPF 4 is nothing to speak of. Another user said it has SPF 15 but mine says 4 so maybe there are different levels out there. It has a faint scent of sunscreen, just FYI, though that doesn't bother me. There is no scent otherwise. I bought this in a package of two or two-for-one or something, but I doubt I will even use one tube up. I only gave it two lippies instead of one because I didn't have an adverse reaction to it, but other than that and the cheap price, not a winner for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by autumninthefall

I don't have extremely dry lips nor do they crack or bleed - but they do sometimes look and feel a little textured and icky. I do like this lip balm, however I think I like it because it makes my lips LOOK healthy and hydrated... when in reality, when this balm gets removed I don't see ANY difference.

I applied this a few nights in a row and when I woke up in the morning it would still be on my lips and when I took it off my lips did feel soft, but only for about 10 minutes. Then they went back to feeling like their normal selves.

I love the packaging, the smell of the balm, and how it makes my lips look, but I won't be repurchasing if I ever do run out of it (which I don't think I will because I hoard lip treatments and I've never found one that I've actually liked enough to use every day.)

Also, there's a TON of ingredients and some of them I don't even know how to pronounce; Makes you wonder!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have nothing but LOVE for this balm, as it has saved my lips.
Hallelujah!
I have eczema on my lips and this is the ONLY balm that doesn't cause me irritation. ...Coconut oil also works, but it dries too fast.

It keeps my lips hydrated for faaar longer than any balm I've used in the past, and the tube lasts forever.

EDIT: I live in Canada and they've changed the formula. I find it to now be a lot harder to get the product on my lips (due to my eczema I need a LOT of balm on my lips at a time to counteract the dryness) and I now have to put a lot more pressure on my already irritated lips with this product, which isn't an ideal situation for them. I also find this formula to be slightly irritating. It still works better than other lip balms, but I do hope to move on to a better product in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Binney

This is my HG chapstick. If you like the milk and honey one, then this one is similar except it has a much better smell IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay lip balm.
Pros:
Hydrating
Clear
Tasteless
Had a lot of product (and nice packaging too)

Cons:
It's really 'watery' when you put it on your lips, like you slathered water on your lips
Smells like household detergent (it's a very light smell but still....no one wants to smell bleach all over their lips)

Even though nivea had produced some other awesome things before, I won't purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

It's a little bit drying for me. Not as glossy as Maybelline Baby Lips. Doesn't really smell like anything either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I love nivea lip balms! They smell delicious, come in lots of different 'flavours' and scents and they make your lips look really nice.