August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have nothing but LOVE for this balm, as it has saved my lips.
Hallelujah!
I have eczema on my lips and this is the ONLY balm that doesn't cause me irritation. ...Coconut oil also works, but it dries too fast.

It keeps my lips hydrated for faaar longer than any balm I've used in the past, and the tube lasts forever.

EDIT: I live in Canada and they've changed the formula. I find it to now be a lot harder to get the product on my lips (due to my eczema I need a LOT of balm on my lips at a time to counteract the dryness) and I now have to put a lot more pressure on my already irritated lips with this product, which isn't an ideal situation for them. I also find this formula to be slightly irritating. It still works better than other lip balms, but I do hope to move on to a better product in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Binney

This is my HG chapstick. If you like the milk and honey one, then this one is similar except it has a much better smell IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay lip balm.
Pros:
Hydrating
Clear
Tasteless
Had a lot of product (and nice packaging too)

Cons:
It's really 'watery' when you put it on your lips, like you slathered water on your lips
Smells like household detergent (it's a very light smell but still....no one wants to smell bleach all over their lips)

Even though nivea had produced some other awesome things before, I won't purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

It's a little bit drying for me. Not as glossy as Maybelline Baby Lips. Doesn't really smell like anything either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I love nivea lip balms! They smell delicious, come in lots of different 'flavours' and scents and they make your lips look really nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well lets just say Nivea and I didn't start out on a good foot. I bought a brand new tube of this after hearing a friend rave about it. I opened it up and it broke off when I used it! I reattached it and it's been fine since, but that wasn't fun haha. I love the scent and the texture, but it doesn't last long at all!! It also isn't incredible at moisturizing, but it is very smooth and soft and I enjoy the texture and smell. If you need a heavy duty lip balm I would try jack's. I would say go ahead and try it out! Walgreens usually does a 2/3$ thing so its verrry inexpensive and worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by GcNel

Makes my lips super soft and does what it needs to do! I love that! Other lip products just sit on my lips and can do nothing this one actually works! It's a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My all time favorite lip gloss slash chapstick. It just does what you need it to doŚmoisturizes and adds a sheen (but not a shine) to your lips. It's not greasy. It has no taste. It has decent staying power. I use this with my favorite Palladio gloss lip liner & it's great mlbb look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

I like this, it's lightweight, buttery and it has broad spectrum SPF 15. It's a nice change from Carmex, which is my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After absolutely loving A Kiss of Moisture and finding that my local Ulta stopped carrying it, I tried this one. The consistency isn't as moisturizing and it isn't as soft as the Moisture one is. It does moisturize just not as good and doesn't last as long as the Moisture one I had before. This one doesn't leave a shine on lips where the Moisture one does. If you have chapped dry lips the Moisture one is far superior and seems to last significantly longer on your lips, where as I feel as though I have to apply this one more often for the same effects. This is still a great lip balm, just merely not as good as A Kiss of Moisture.