Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo

2.9

I really like this. Here's why: It doesn't make my hair soft at all, it makes it quite dry, but that was what I was expecting. It's not the job's shampoo to make your hair soft, that's just not gonna happen. Shampoo cleans your hair and that could be quite drying. If doesn't make it dry, then it isn't cleaning it properly and it would become greasy in a day. But this shampoo brings my hair back to life. It's made it shiny and stronger, and for some reason blonder? I have a few blonde highlights that were just dead and grody and this shampoo brought them back from the dead. The trick with this is, don't use the matching conditioner because it sucks, it's runny and watery and your hair will be dry. I use this with dove's oil therapy conditioner and my hair's been loving it. It too has coconut oil in it and it's quite moisturizing so my hair IS silky and smooth all day, and it takes about four days for it to become greasy.

on 2/22/2015 6:00:00 AM

I was very disappointed in this product compared to the other organic shampoo and hair products that I have used previously. This shampoo was very thick for my hair (I have slightly thick hair unless straightened) and while I thoroughly was it out, the next day I would constantly find flaky bits of shampoo stuck to the strands at the top of my scalp. The shampoo does not lather up and is a very thick consistency, most of the time making it hard to squeeze out of the bottle. It also left my scalp and the ends of my hair feeling very dry and brittle. I used the shampoo in conjunction with the matching conditioner, which again I was not thrilled about, and the coconut milk serum and the coconut spray which are amazing (I still use these!), however the shampoo and conditioner do nothing for my hair and leave it very dry and brittle. I will not buy this product again. Very disappointed as the other shampoos that I have tried from this range are amazing, however this formula just does not work for my hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is alright, although the smell is amazing, the actual product is pretty mediocre.

It has a very strange consistency similar to jello but it doesn't really bother me.

I've found it lathers pretty well and I get it at Walmart for about $5 which isn't bad, to me at least.

It didn't leave my hair greasy, it actually felt pretty clean but after a few washes it didn't clean my hair as well and my hair would get very oily super easy. I have pretty long, about rib length hair that's naturally Blonde, it's pretty thick but I have fine hair so I have a lot of hair but it's indivual strands aren't super thick. Does that make sense?

Anyways, this shampoo is okay but I probably wouldn't purchase it again. If Organix is reading this, just know, if my hair had that scent after it was dry I wouldn't care how the product was, I would use it everyday just so I could smell my hair all day. So maybe work on the longevity of the smell if anything. Lmao

on 1/16/2015 1:05:00 PM

I was looking to invest in a good shampoo that would treat my hair right. I have fine, short, color treated hair. This shampoo didn't do anything for my hair. The scent is just in the bottle when you sniff the shampoo, besides that your hair will not smell like that after showering with this product. I have to apply this shampoo twice on my hair in order to get any bubbles or feel like its washing my hair. For all they hype of this brand its overpriced for sure. I mean the bottle looks chic but that's about it...

on 1/14/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shampoo! Honestly, I mostly buy it for the wonderful coconut smell, but I also think it's a pretty good quality shampoo. I usually use this during warm weather months. It doesn't magically change my hair or anything, but it's definitely not a bad product.

on 1/13/2015 11:00:00 PM

The worst shampoo I think I've used in the past couple of years. I picked this up at Costco because I wanted a sulfate free shampoo that would last me a while. I decided on this because hey, coconut smells nice. This did nothing except ruin my hair. It's really thick, and while it builds a nice lather, it doesn't really clean my hair. My hair feels thick and sludgy, hard to comb through and feels like it has a film on it that makes it feel sticky. It also makes my curls totally flat, dry and frizzy. Also the smell is so strong. It stays in my hair for days and I can't stand it. It honestly has no redeeming qualities. I'll never use this stuff again.

on 1/3/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have fine straight hair and I live currently in a desert, dry area. This shampoo moisturizes my hair wonderfully and makes it silky smooth! However, I find it strange that when I tried this in the summer I didn't like it. On 2nd day hair it would leave my hair flat and the fragrance of the shampoo would disappear leaving my hair feeling and smelling dirty. However, now in the winter (perhaps cus it's drier weather and I don't have as much heat/sweat/oil in my hair?) this shampoo allows my hair to still feel just as nice as the first day. Coconut smell in my hair is not my favorite scent...but because it moisturizes my hair in the winter very well for me, I will repurchase.

Not as good as expected

on 12/17/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had really high hopes for this shampoo but i've been using it for a month now and its just terrible for my scalp. It gave me bothersome itchy and flaky scalp and trust me I shampoo my hair very well leaving no trace of it so it would make more sense if I didn't have itchiness but unfortunately I did.
It smells really nice and does moisturize my hair and leaves it soft in the same day but the next day I start to get an itchy scalp. The conditioner I would rate as a 4/5. It is so nice and I will continue to use that one. It's very thick and I use it as a deep conditioner too.

on 12/12/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this shampoo. I have somewhat damaged, very fine, and oily hair. I have been using this product every day without any conditioner. It is a very thick, clear to white, jelly substance. Since it is very thick you might end up using a bit more than you need, so do be careful about that. It smells just like the bottle indicates, like coconut heaven. It does contain real coconut milk, coconut oil, and also egg whites. It is also sulphate free. This shampoo definitely leaves my hair feeling a lot softer, shinier, and overall a lot healthier. My hair is also easier to comb through after using this shampoo. Price point isn't bad. It ranges from six to nine dollars for thirteen ounces. It is available in drug stores and even grocery stores as well; so it is very accessible. I like it and would repurchase.

Popular Shampoos