Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo

2.9

This made my hair dry!!! I thought it would have the opposite effect, but I was wrong. It also made my scalp really dry, which I've never had a problem with before. Flakes were on my shoulders & I freaked out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

For a while I'd been suffering with a really itchy flakey scalp and after doing some research I decided to try a sulphate free shampoo.

I think that most, if not all, the Organix shampoos and conditioners are SLS free but I went with the Coconut Milk just because I love the smell :)

I found it easy to use and wash out, it lathers up fine despite being SLS free.

My itchy scalp seems to have gone for now and I have my fingers crossed that it stays away!!

After having used the Yes To Cucumbers shampoo as my SLS-free shampoo for the past couple of months, my hair was feeling rather dry. Besides that, a hairdresser completely messed up my hair recently, leaving it damaged and brittle(and not in the color I wanted!)

Because I color my hair and want to do my best to keep the color as solid as possible(so I don't have to make as many trips to the salon), I was looking for a new SLS-free shampoo, and soon enough my attention was drawn to the line of OGX shampoos. A bit pricey, but still lower priced than your standard salon shampoos. I decided to look up some reviews online and the opinions on OGX shampoos were very mixed. The Coconut Milk seemed to be the highest rated shampoo out of the bunch. As desperate as I was for a new shampoo, I decided to bite the bullet and bought this shampoo.

Anyways, the pros and the cons:

THE PROS:
- Has a very pleasant Coconut scent that leaves your shower smelling nice
- Produces quite a lot of lather for an SLS free shampoo
- I didn't need a lot of product for my rather long hair, so I think the bottle could last me quite a while

THE CONS:
- It takes a LOT of work to rinse this out properly, and it's hard to feel when the product is completely washed out of your hair, so it's hard to tell if you've rinsed well enough
- This did nothing for my roots/scalp but made the ends of my hair VERY greasy. I find this odd, because the ends of my hair are usually quite dry. Normally I'd wash my hair every 3 to 4 days. While using this shampoo, I have to wash my hair every day/every other day. This is a HUGE con for me, because I don't like greasy hair and I don't like washing it often because I don't want my color to fade too quick.

Conclusion: I should've listened to the negative reviews, and so should you, potential buyer! Don't buy this shampoo. There are lots of better shampoos on the market for a better price. This stuff weighs your hair down and makes it greasy. I don't want a shampoo to make my hair greasy, I want a shampoo to (gently!)clean my hair! Sorry OGX, but this shampoo is a disappointment.

I am Asian and my hair is long, fine, and stick straight with zero volume. It gets oily and limp quickly, although my ends dry out easily. My hair is relatively healthy, and I don't use heat or styling products in it.

There are a lot of mixed reviews here and I was scared to purchase, but I figured I could return it in case it doesn't work out for me. The smell alone was enough for me to purchase it. It smells so so good, not like artificial coconuts, but like a creamy delicious authentic coconut. The scent is light, but lingers in my hair. My boyfriend can smell it only when his face is buried in my hair, so it isn't overwhelming, and won't clash with your perfume.

The shampoo gives my locks the hydration it needs without weighing them down. A lot of people say their hair feels like straw, but I regularly use clarifying shampoos (LUSH Seanik, LUSH Big) and this is no where near as close to drying as those. It is a really great daily shampoo if you have oily roots and dry ends (in conjunction with the conditioner). The price is as good when you can find it on sale, and I will definitely be repurchasing!

I started using it by buying the mini ones when I went on vacation and i loved the smell I have dry hair and it makes my hair soft and smooth and make it smell amazing ! the price can be expensive but you can get it cheap at target xoxo

I bought this with the matching conditioner (I don't know why)? I despise coconut scented anything. That being said, I was desperate as my hair was just too frizzy and out of control. I have always read that coconut is really good for dry hair. This morning I eagerly washed and conditioned my hair, praying (despite the cloying scent), that this would be my savior. By the end of the day I was back to the store I purchased these products from, waiting in the return line. I was sick to my stomach from the cloying scent. I decided I would rather live with frizzy hair than to continue to smell that sweet coconut scent every time I turned my head. I purchased another shampoo and conditioner. I ran home to wash my hair, hoping the new products would wash the sweet coconut scent out. I washed 2x and I can't get it out! Never again. This stuff is just disgustingly stink.....

Made my hair brittle and dry.

it's very strange to me that this has such low ratings. I have tried many shampoo/conditioner combos, the ogx biotin, ogx argan oil, loreal, suave, dove, Pantene, etc. but I always come back to this. I just bought my third bottle yesterday. this stuff has no sulfates, so it doesn't lather very well but it still gets my hair clean. the scent is very nice and it lingers. I have fine, medium thick, wavy hair and this works like a charm to make it thick and shiny and soft. I use this with the matching conditioner and I honestly couldn't ask for a better pair that's as affordable and convenient as this one. I bought a 19.5 oz bottle at Target for only $5.79!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love organix, I really do. This shampoo seemed like a good idea at first. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner and it did make my hair look nice. However, and this is the kicker, it made my face, chest, and back break out in extremely bad acne. It has been over a month since I stopped using it and my pores are still not unclogged. This is due to the coconut oil in it, which is one of the most comodogenic oils out there.

I have tried other Organix products and this is the third shampoo I have tried from Organix . I tried the Organix Brazilian Keratin , Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo. My husband and I went to Harmon this weekend I was running out of my shampoo and I need to restock . I did my research and I decided to purchase the Coconut milk shampoo , conditioner , spray and anti breakage serum. I love this line. My husband actually purchased the shampoo, conditioner and spray for me . I purchased the anti breakage serum at CVS only because Harmon did not have it in stock. I love Harmon for their everyday low prices and their selection as well. I love this shampoo. The packaging ,the smell , the actual product is sulfate free and works well. I have thick wavy hair and it cleaned my hair but did not strip it . I did use the conditioner, spray and anti breakage serum they work well together and a little goes s long way. Also Harmon has the 13oz size for $5.99 as well as the conditioner spray and serum. The large size of shampoo and conditioner is 25.4 oz and is $10.99 . I know It sounds like a lot but these products are a great quality like salon quality ata fraction of the price. Oragnix is available at most drugstores and supermarkets including Target and walmart but for me Harmon has the best everyday prices.

Top Rated Organix Products