Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo

2.9

on 4/2/2015 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had this shampoo (and the conditioner) in the back of my bathroom cabinet, last time I had used it was when I still had very long hair. It didn't do anything for me back then, and it quietly found it's place between all the other discarded shampoos & conditioners.

Yesterday I was watching Essie Button's March favorites video and she mentioned this, and as my hair is only slightly longer than hers, I thought I could give it a try again. Back when my hair was long I hated that it didn't moisturize enough and that it left my hair course but now with my lob it is perfect! It makes my hair soft but not weighed down. I actually can blow dry it and create volume without the use of an additional styling product. This shampoo and conditioner have made it out of exile and have taken up residence in my shower :).

on 3/25/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i loved this product at first, but now i absolutely hate it. It costs me A$16 for a bottle. First of all, it smells great, just like coconut but doesn't last really long. I have thin and dry hair. This shampoo weights my hair down and makes it look greasy. The consistency is thick but not moisturising enough for my hair. Overall, I hate it

on 3/22/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is the same as the conditioner from the same line. As I always use both together, I'm doing a combined review.

Meh! That's all I got to say.. In my experience, it's not as bad as other reviewers are saying but it's not a good product either. I love the smell, smells like sweet coconut and not the beachy salty coconut smell of sunscreen, but the smell doesn't linger in my hair. I used the conditionner and the shampoo together for a while and my hair felt ok. They were not really nourished by this product.

on 3/21/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Personally, it's too expensive to buy again, but that's the only reason. I like the smell and it cleans which is its purpose. It also doesn't make my fine, straight, super short hair feel like straw which is always a plus. It makes my hair look very healthy. I find that it cleans quite feel without letting hair get too oily or dry. It does its job.

on 3/12/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I felt the texture was really thick, it wasn't easy using it in the shower, you have to squeeze hard to get product out...so this isn't my favorite one in the line, I am not a huge fan of coconut smell either..so this was just ok for me, I prefer the blue one, the morrocan argan one..

on 3/12/2015 1:56:00 PM

I really like this shampoo because it is lightweight and moisturizing and works well on my dry hair. I also love the scent and it lingers on my hair. I really want to try other shampoos from this brand to see which one is better, but I like that these shampoos are quite clean and don't have any parabens, paraffines or silicone in them. I really like this product!

I really like this. Here's why: It doesn't make my hair soft at all, it makes it quite dry, but that was what I was expecting. It's not the job's shampoo to make your hair soft, that's just not gonna happen. Shampoo cleans your hair and that could be quite drying. If doesn't make it dry, then it isn't cleaning it properly and it would become greasy in a day. But this shampoo brings my hair back to life. It's made it shiny and stronger, and for some reason blonder? I have a few blonde highlights that were just dead and grody and this shampoo brought them back from the dead. The trick with this is, don't use the matching conditioner because it sucks, it's runny and watery and your hair will be dry. I use this with dove's oil therapy conditioner and my hair's been loving it. It too has coconut oil in it and it's quite moisturizing so my hair IS silky and smooth all day, and it takes about four days for it to become greasy.

on 2/22/2015 6:00:00 AM

I was very disappointed in this product compared to the other organic shampoo and hair products that I have used previously. This shampoo was very thick for my hair (I have slightly thick hair unless straightened) and while I thoroughly was it out, the next day I would constantly find flaky bits of shampoo stuck to the strands at the top of my scalp. The shampoo does not lather up and is a very thick consistency, most of the time making it hard to squeeze out of the bottle. It also left my scalp and the ends of my hair feeling very dry and brittle. I used the shampoo in conjunction with the matching conditioner, which again I was not thrilled about, and the coconut milk serum and the coconut spray which are amazing (I still use these!), however the shampoo and conditioner do nothing for my hair and leave it very dry and brittle. I will not buy this product again. Very disappointed as the other shampoos that I have tried from this range are amazing, however this formula just does not work for my hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is alright, although the smell is amazing, the actual product is pretty mediocre.

It has a very strange consistency similar to jello but it doesn't really bother me.

I've found it lathers pretty well and I get it at Walmart for about $5 which isn't bad, to me at least.

It didn't leave my hair greasy, it actually felt pretty clean but after a few washes it didn't clean my hair as well and my hair would get very oily super easy. I have pretty long, about rib length hair that's naturally Blonde, it's pretty thick but I have fine hair so I have a lot of hair but it's indivual strands aren't super thick. Does that make sense?

Anyways, this shampoo is okay but I probably wouldn't purchase it again. If Organix is reading this, just know, if my hair had that scent after it was dry I wouldn't care how the product was, I would use it everyday just so I could smell my hair all day. So maybe work on the longevity of the smell if anything. Lmao

on 1/16/2015 1:05:00 PM

I was looking to invest in a good shampoo that would treat my hair right. I have fine, short, color treated hair. This shampoo didn't do anything for my hair. The scent is just in the bottle when you sniff the shampoo, besides that your hair will not smell like that after showering with this product. I have to apply this shampoo twice on my hair in order to get any bubbles or feel like its washing my hair. For all they hype of this brand its overpriced for sure. I mean the bottle looks chic but that's about it...