August 23, 2014 | 1081 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by 123delirious

After hearing so many good reviews about this on good ol' YouTube, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this. I have extremely oily lids so any amount of eye primer I usually apply does not prevent my eyeshadow from creasing within a couple of hours.
BUT, I think I have found my HG of all HGs. This NARS primer is amazing!! My eyeshadow does not budge after a long day in sun and humidity (I'm talking 14+ hours). I've used it with both powder and cream eyeshadows and apply one swipe on each lid, and a little under my eyes as well.
I've tried many other primers including Urban Decay's primer potion and MAC's Paint Pots... They don't have anything on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Maiaia

This is a great primer. As in my country NARS is not available, I asked a relative to buy one tube in the US for me. Now, I'd like to have lots of it in case I run out of primer!
It lasts all day long, even in a rainy day. Eyeshadow keeps exactly the same as in the morning, without creasing at all.
The applicator is useful, and there's a small amount needed to make it work. Plus, it has no colour so it wouldn't bother your eye makeup.
A bit pricey, buy would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sonianala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a must underneath your eyeliner, especially if that eyeliner is pencil or crayon-like. Keeps that area intact with no crease or smudge marks. Really helps maintain a clean eye make up look for the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Primer Potion is the best primer for me, but, the last few tubes have cracked before I've used it up and it's a pain to squeeze product up - for the price, I want to use every drop.

So I went to the local Sephora and ya know how they're always trying to sell you something, but the girl I talked to actually recommended a winner - this primer. I've tried many, many others and I prefer this applicator over a tube I have to squeeze or a tub.

Oily eyelids and shockingly still look pretty good after 12 hours and it's been humid and still looks good. Price not so great, but no allergic reaction and staying power mark it a winner in my book.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by six30

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but it made my eyes sting and water. There didn't seem to be a lot of product in the package based on the price, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mgoisaai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer is an absolute must-have for all oilylidders :) Nothing can beat this product, just nothing! Forget about creasing or your eyeliner sticking to the browbone. Just bought my second pack. I've tried other primers like smashbox, urban decay, pupa and what not. They all just suck. At least for my super-oily skin and eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye shadow primer. My eye shadow can last ALL DAY with absolutely no smudging or creasing even in hot, humid conditions! I love that it's clear and doesn't change the color of your eyeshadow at all. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. It is also very gentle and non-irritating to your eyes or the skin around your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by samanthamk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this is pricey, I would definitely re-purchase. I've tried all kinds of eye primers and this is the only one that delivers for me. My skin is extremely oily and shadows only last for about two hours on my eyes. If you keep running through different primers, go buy this now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by mimi2811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For me definitely the best eyeshadow primer I've tried. The formula seems thin in comparison to other primers e.g. Urban Decay but rest assured it really does hold eyeshadow in place all day. Would definitely recommend to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a really, really tough time with my eye shadow sticking around. Some days it actually gone, gone, within an hour or so, even with primer, high end shadow and brushes. I've had mixed days with this stuff. I keep trying it in different ways with different shadows. BUT...I've found it works best for me with zero other products underneath after a freshly washed face (i.e. any kind of moisturizer or make-up remover) and a light layer of water based foundation sandwhiched between my shadow and the primer. It needs to dry, slightly, before adding the foundation, but don't let it dry too long otherwise I've had some cakey-ness show up with the foundation, just like happens if I let my face primer set too long before I put on my foundation.