NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

This is the only eye primer that lasts 8+ hours on my very very oily, hooded eyelids. I normally use this on days when I go out for long periods of time (8+). My eyeshadow only slightly starts to move after 12 hours. It makes eyeshadow stay on better than UDPP and TFSI. I hate how expensive it is because the last time I bought it, it was a lot cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried the UD PP and I liked it but this is much, much better. This NARS eye primer is almost TOO good. I accidentally wiped some up and onto my brow and didn't realize. When I went to do my brows and correct an area it would not come off for anything - which is good on your lids but otherwise, no lol. I had to get out the make up wipes!

I have slightly hooded and oily lids but when I use this primer my eye shadow does not crease or smudge at ALL. It's pricey but I know it will last me a good while because I don't wear eye shadow all the time. I purchased back in Sept and have maybe used it 10 times so for me the price is worth it.

I am taking a lippie off for what I first mentioned. The only downside is that because its so good it does make some eye shadows difficult to blend. You gotta WORK to get the look you're going for. Some shadows over this product just wont budge and blend so I've come to find out how much and how little to use based on the look im going for. Still an amazing product, though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eye primer because I have very oily lids, and my eye shadow tends to crease even during winter time. This primer helps my eyeshadow and liner all day long. It's worth the price because the product lasts me about 6-8 months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this product based on the many tutorials on YouTube. A lot of gurus reach for this and the urban decay primer potion. I have both and I personally believe this product is far more superior. The primer smooths on and dries colorless and matte. My eyeshadow lasts all day even one 16 hour day. My normally semi oily lids stay truly matte and the colors are vibrant all day. I hardly reached for the UD primer. If anything I felt as it if it was more of a base than an actual primer. The only con is the price. It's expensive because it's nars. I hope it lasts at least a couple of months because I use this product almost every day.

I want to start by saying that I never understood the hype around the urban decay eye primers, they did absolutely nothing for me. So when it came around to the NARS primer, I personally believed, I was paying to receive the same results and would eventually just have to live with the fact that eyeshadows can not last all day while commuting on the tubes in London.

Oh how I was so wrong. This product is absolutely fabulous! My eyeshadows do not budge, no longer do I worry about the dreaded imprint of eyeliner somewhere in the middle of my eyelid during the day. It truly works and I use it everyday, even if I'm not applying any eyeshadow, just to keep my eyelid oil-free and under control.

I have read that some other users are finding issues with sensitive skin and flare ups, so I can't speak for their experiences but overall I personally found it a fantastic product!

The only con I had, is with difficult eyeshadows to blend, it can take slightly longer to get the look you're trying to achieve as the primer is very very tacky and really doesn't budge.
However, not a massive con!

PS: its the only makeup product my boyfriend has ever commented on being good
'You're eyeshadow isn't really shiny by the end of the night anymore, its looks like you've just put it on'.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a tube of this that I literally haven't touched in years. I suppose it holds shadows well enough but my main reason in buying it was at the example of a makeup artist who used it for several videos. Because I prefer a primer that evens out eyelid color, this is not opaque so it is not a keeper for me personally. Also for the price I've had just as much success with an untinted e.l.f. primer. My tube is going on sale or swap.

This is definitely the best product I've ever used. Before coming across this primer, I never knew that my eyeshadow could actually stay all day. I've tried every raved product there is but nothing compares to this. I even feel as though my eyelids aren't as oily as they once were before using this product. Cannot recommend this enough.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Never had a better eye-shadow base... takes a few seconds to set... totally transparent... and eyeliner glides on beautifully and stays put all day. It doesn't feel drying or sticky on eyelids. I also use it under my lipline to keep that on all day... really works... the liner won't fade or budge with this on!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Definitely my HG! Tried others from Too Faced, Benefit, and Urban Decay but keep going back to this. It really does last for hours on my very oily lid. I put it on around 5 am and not take my eye makeup off till around 9 pm or 10 pm. My eye shadow does not budge at all.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have oily eyelids with slight dryness in my inner corners. After hearing raves about this product I decided to purchase it. The color appears white but once blended it dries to a clear formula. My eyeshadow lasts most of the day.

I wish they offered a skin tone color to help with veining on my lids.

Overall a great product. Yes it's pricey and I would repurchase because it helps my eyeshadow last longer impacted to others I have tried.