October 25, 2014 | 881 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Skin Smoothing Face Prep

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm actually undecided at this point if I would repurchase this. I don't use this as a face primer, I use it as a spot pore smoother. It really does airbrush away and smooth pores, but I don't feel it lasts a long time. You can apply this under or over makeup. It seems like a surprisingly small amount of product, but the way I use it is such a small amount that it will last a long time. Basically, while it's on it works but keeping it on is my problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a SPOT primer/mattifier/smoother that is a staple in my makeup kit to deal with end of day tzone shinies. This product is NOT meant to be used as an all over face primer. (NARS makes the primer in the tube for that purpose.) This can be used over or under makeup. I often carry this in my purse instead of powder. One quick swipe across the tzone and shiney is GONE. It is sort of amazing. This looks sort of like vaseline and comes in a square twist-off tub. You need to use very little of this to spot treat. I use a little beauty spatula to get the product out if the jar. Can also be applied with a concealer or foundation brush. This product is one of my hg's! A tad on the pricey side (about $30USD for a small tub), but I am worth it. The most confusing part was figuring out how to open the twist-off jar lol. Score!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw this product in a lot of magazines and being a regular customer of Nars I decided to give it a go. I can say that this was a bit of surprise in the post. It is tiny, more than imagined. For the price you pay, you get very little product. The packaging is the usual Nars black rubbery with the white logo. The actual product has a creme texture, was a bit awkward to apply and it did not give me smoothing effect that I thought I paying for. Very disappointed with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good product for reducing the look of small imperfections on oily skin. It glides on very easily and doesn't roll or ball up when rubbing it in. It does work well for deeply indented acne and ice pick scars too except you have to dip your fingernail in the pot and dig out a proper amount to dab/pat on those areas. For this reason, I wish it came in a tube so that you could control how much or little you need for each application. Otherwise you are basically just swiping a finger or sponge in this tiny little pot ( the size of a lip gloss) and can only retrieve enough of the product to apply an extremely thin layer on your skin. Because it has virtually no smell and is thick enough to use as putty or spackle for scars, I will repurchase- even though the price is really absurd for the amount of product you actually get.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by makeovermomma

I purchased this product after having my makeup applied at Sephora. Paired with a DDF moisturizer and color matched to Clinique liquid makeup, my face looked flawless over 7 hours. I only washed off my makeup because it was bedtime.
I tossed my Oil of Olay oil free moisturizer and my Philosophy primer.
The makeup artist used a foundation brush to apply the product and I've been doing the same with a $1 E.L.F. foundation brush.
LOVE THE OUTCOME

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

After reading all of the reviews on here I'm starting to think I might love this product so much because I've never used primer before. Well, I did briefly try korres quercitin and oak primer but felt that it was more of a lotion and I'm a dr haushka lotion girl. I use this on top of a llight layer of Chanel vitalumiere and I'm seriously shocked by how good it makes my skin look. I have always shied way from products that are matte (and I actually wasn't aware this had a matte effect when I bought it, I just wanted my face to look smooth and tight) but this is rather amazing in it's effect. I first tried it before foundation and that's definitely not how to use this. Use it after in place of powder on your forehead, crows feet, nose and chin. Amazing. It's definitely overpriced but I'm happy with it. I feel like it literally took 5 years off my skin . Hoping it doesn't clog my pores....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by papillon212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It is probably a non-essential and doesn't do anything extreme, but it's an amazing texture and smooths our pores and fine lines. At 21 I don't have many lines but it definitely reduces my pore visibility and also totally stops my foundation from getting weird and flakey around my dry t-zone. It took me a few tries to get used to using it and realizing how little product you really need to use. It's definitely somewhat extraneous and at $30 for just detail results probably only something to splurge on, but I still really like the product and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ari496

i didnt really like this so much. although it did make my skin velvety smooth, i had some probelms with pimples that were definitely caused by this. i didnt minimize the appearance of my pores, and really, its not even a primer, just a face prep to be used before primer. who primes their face to get ready for more priming. its ridiculous! the packaging was nice, but this is just totally unnecessary. i only recommend to those that have perfect skin that doesnt break out and all you want is smoother skin. otherwise, skip it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after I read that Francelle, the NARS make up artist, adores this product. As a spot treatment, this is an amazing product. It smoothes out problem areas. I use it on my forehead and chin which get a tad bit 'oily' after several hours of foundation wears. I'm pretty happy with this! It's much easier to use than loose powder.

No breakouts yet. Will repurchase as this is a very purse-friendly product, easy to use, and does the job (touch up),

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product. The sales rep tried it on my then oil-ing forehead and voila! Polished, minimized pores and no grease! I was amazed! Why do we have to use our fingers for this? I realize nars touts their products as totally finger worthy application, but this is just plain unsanitary! It comes in a screw top lid.